Angry myvirpus.com reviews - bad time with them

Very bad experience with myvirpus.com

i sign up 3 month Hybrid II vps with them, the first month face a lot of downtime period, i request for compensation as their "Service Level Agreement" writing

"Virpus Networks provides up to 50% monthly recurring revenue credit to a customer if service is unavailable. On outages of four hours or less, depending on access type, the customer receives a 3-day, prorated monthly credit. On outages over four hours, the customer receives an additional day credit for each hour the outage persists up to 50% of the monthly charge.
    NOTE: Any service outage will need to be reported within 48 hours after restoration. After
    48 hours, you will not be waranted a credit. "

I submit few ticket, no one dare to reply this ticket.

7 days gone, it too late request the money guarantee back, i just continue using their vps.

Hybrid server, it support should be stable and fast speed or connection, but my experience tell me, it slow as turtle, i create a lot proxy website, it support should have few thousand traffic a per site, suddenly drop to few hundred a day, i asking them what happen for the line, they saying not problem, i ask ththem to custom the config for me because i use for proxy hosting, but the support seems not very pro, cant help a lot, i think hybrid vps poor than my ex-host.

After using one month, i didnt create new domain on it, too disapoint on it. Because I cant do anything also.

Customer service very poor, submit a ticket, wait whole day get a reply.

I sign up 3 month, suppose get a free month as their got reward plan, but i tell them i will cancel the vps plan after the free month expire. Their mislead me to click the cancel button in my control panel, then after few day my whole vps is shut down. i ask them how come not until the free onth expire, they say tat their misunderstood, ask me sign up another plan and get a usd3 discount. (fk!) I dun wanna be idiot again!

i totally get rid of them, cheater? scammer? Im not living at US, if not i will find a legal method to get back my money!

And, Every week i saw they have offer at vps offer, I just wanna tell everyone, be careful when u choose a vps hosting!

Hi

Sorry to hear about your negative experience and hopefully it'll be resolved in the end, definitely keep us updated, possibly your issue was overlooked?

Good luck!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

virpus used to be good earlier, even my friend is having lots of problems with them, real bad down times, he might be around with a final review pretty soon
    and feel sorry for u mate

With the exception of the datacenter move and a bad switch, I haven't had any problems with them. Ken has always answered my sales tickets within a day or two and my support tickets are always answered in less than an hour. Try contacting Ken on AIM if you are having issues.

Sorry to hear about your experience with them and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. Hopefully you have better luck in the future!
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Quote Originally Posted by skykiss View Post
    Very bad experience with myvirpus.com

i sign up 3 month Hybrid II vps with them, the first month face a lot of downtime period, i request for compensation as their "Service Level Agreement" writing

"Virpus Networks provides up to 50% monthly recurring revenue credit to a customer if service is unavailable. On outages of four hours or less, depending on access type, the customer receives a 3-day, prorated monthly credit. On outages over four hours, the customer receives an additional day credit for each hour the outage persists up to 50% of the monthly charge.
    NOTE: Any service outage will need to be reported within 48 hours after restoration. After
    48 hours, you will not be waranted a credit. "

I submit few ticket, no one dare to reply this ticket.

7 days gone, it too late request the money guarantee back, i just continue using their vps.

Hybrid server, it support should be stable and fast speed or connection, but my experience tell me, it slow as turtle, i create a lot proxy website, it support should have few thousand traffic a per site, suddenly drop to few hundred a day, i asking them what happen for the line, they saying not problem, i ask ththem to custom the config for me because i use for proxy hosting, but the support seems not very pro, cant help a lot, i think hybrid vps poor than my ex-host.

After using one month, i didnt create new domain on it, too disapoint on it. Because I cant do anything also.

Customer service very poor, submit a ticket, wait whole day get a reply.

I sign up 3 month, suppose get a free month as their got reward plan, but i tell them i will cancel the vps plan after the free month expire. Their mislead me to click the cancel button in my control panel, then after few day my whole vps is shut down. i ask them how come not until the free onth expire, they say tat their misunderstood, ask me sign up another plan and get a usd3 discount. (fk!) I dun wanna be idiot again!

i totally get rid of them, cheater? scammer? Im not living at US, if not i will find a legal method to get back my money!

And, Every week i saw they have offer at vps offer, I just wanna tell everyone, be careful when u choose a vps hosting!
    Hello,

I have reviewed your account, and it does seem your SLA request was overlooked. You had submitted it during the outage, which causes confusion. We always request that you submit it after the outage is restored to avoid this confusion, as tickets opened during an outage are usually closed as we send out customer wide e-mails with updates.

Regarding the cancellation issue, you had submitted a few tickets regarding canceling, one of which asked how to cancel, which I explained to you that you can go into myVirpus and submit it. Although I do believe we said it would be OK to use your free month, when a cancellation request is submitted, it is taken as official. We do not review your tickets when they are submitted. (We use the built in WHMCS cancellation module)

Anyways, we do wish you the best in the future. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Can echo the sentiments too.

Today alone my VPS has been down for at least 5 hours.

I'm wondering what happened to the Virpus I subscribed to.

I guess I spoke too soon. One of my servers has been down for 12+ hours and I've sent in 3 tickets and all are unanswered. I sent a message to Ken on AIM, but he's idle. I opened a live support chat session, but never got a response.

If I don't receive a response from them within the next hour, I'll be jumping ship too.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope all thing will get settled for you soon.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Quote Originally Posted by subigo View Post
    I guess I spoke too soon. One of my servers has been down for 12+ hours and I've sent in 3 tickets and all are unanswered. I sent a message to Ken on AIM, but he's idle. I opened a live support chat session, but never got a response.

If I don't receive a response from them within the next hour, I'll be jumping ship too.
    I guess we're in the same situation.

I'm being bombarded by customers left right and center... and the sickest thing is I don't know what the heck to tell them!

The one thing I dislike the most with my Virpus experience is that tech support almost never tell you what the problem specifically is.

Perhaps they think that we're too n00b to understand... I'm sure at least some Virpus customers have sysadmin experience. What's wrong with just telling us what went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Azmeen View Post

I'm being bombarded by customers left right and center... and the sickest thing is I don't know what the heck to tell them!

The one thing I dislike the most with my Virpus experience is that tech support almost never tell you what the problem specifically is.

Perhaps they think that we're too n00b to understand... I'm sure at least some Virpus customers have sysadmin experience. What's wrong with just telling us what went wrong?
    Well I finally got a reply from support and it just said that they are sending my ticket to their admin. Great. It's not like I haven't already escalated my other ticket to the admin... seriously, support couldn't even tell me what the issue is?

Looks like I'll be leaving them later today.

Well I finally got a reply from support and it just said that they are sending my ticket to their admin. Great. It's not like I haven't already escalated my other ticket to the admin... seriously, support couldn't even tell me what the issue is?

I think I got the same templated response.

Please let me know your ticket ID, and I'll be more than happy to look into this.

Azmeen,

I personally told you what was wrong within your ticket once the issue was resolved, and we were able to understand what took place. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. We were still diagnosing the issue when our techs were replying to your ticket, so we were not sure until the issue was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by VN-Ken View Post
    Azmeen,

I personally told you what was wrong within your ticket once the issue was resolved, and we were able to understand what took place. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. We were still diagnosing the issue when our techs were replying to your ticket, so we were not sure until the issue was fixed.
    Kenneth,

An example of what I'm talking about is this:

There were some issues with the kernel, that effected your configuration, which must be changed. It has been done and your VPS is now online.
    It's an answer that didn't really answer anything. What issues? What effects? What configuration? What got changed?

All I know was that "something" was done and my server was online (for a couple of hours until it went down again).

On a related note and for the record, my VPS with Virpus is now back online. I can hopefully get a few hours of sleep.

There's a lot of issues that I need to sleep on anyway.

Down again. Started a thread here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=870117

Woke up 8 hours ago to find the server died again. Virpus hasn't been responding to my tickets during this time.

Out of desperation I even sent an email directly to Ken... and also, no reply.

Right now, I'm 100% certain that the once reliable Virpus I registered with doesn't exist anymore.

Woke up 8 hours ago to find the server died again. Virpus hasn't been responding to my tickets during this time.

Out of desperation I even sent an email directly to Ken... and also, no reply.

Right now, I'm 100% certain that the once reliable Virpus I registered with doesn't exist anymore.
    I've already taken my backups and moved to someone else.

subigo can u pm ur new host, my friend is in plans to move to a new host, if ur host's hosting plans sound good to him, may be can move too, if there is an affiliate he would give urs as the referrer.

its been really bad from virpus, my friend had more than 120hrs down time just in the month of June. He has decided to move on to a new one before the due period ends.

oh, a lot reply, i think i'm not the only one suffer with the host.

not really skykiss, there are more partners for u in the bad times as well

My VPS was up for a few hours earlier today. I've retrieved most of my clients' data.

Some customers left, some will follow me to another provider.

At least I'm glad that total data loss was avoided.

I am a virpus customer for 6 months now. They are not as good as they were before. No reply in 8 days (no reply in ticket #872400) from sales.

Support takes over 24 hours to reply too.

I hope the old virpus spanny support gets back up.

When I hosted with them for a month (hostsiege.com for verification) I had put in a few tickets and I believe every single one was "escalated" to an admin.

Took them ~2-3 days or so to setup rDNS also.

Also put in a ticket for a Fantastico license that was completely overlooked, bumped said ticket 4 times with no reply at all.
    Last edited by Mr. Obvious; 06-29-2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: 5 days is an overstatement and corrected verification domain
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Since this thread is still alive, I figured I should say that my last three tickets all went unanswered. After seven days of no response the ticketing system automatically closed them all. I haven't heard from anyone at Virpus in almost three weeks.

Again, I won't even use Virpus for backups anymore.

We've had a bit of experiance with Virpus for backup services. A staff had also hosted their proxies there (bandwidth is very cheap there compared to where we facilitate).

We have last used them Dec 08/Jan 09. Support was responded within 30 minutes and resolved without us having to worry.

However we have moved on from off site backup systems, and are now using iSCSI SAN (Storage Area Network), DAS (Direct Access Storage) and NAS (Network Access Storage).

Maybe some has changed since, this is just from our experiance.

when i sign up with them, i dint saw a lot their review from internet.

I am sorry for your trouble skykiss. Who have you moved to?

i dint sigh up any vps now, may take sometime find a good one, searching more other people review, comment for vps host company.

I just now, canceled my final vps(out of 3) with virpus. I've completely given up on getting vps accounts from anyone. Been burned too many times. A dedicated server is just too expensive for hosting several sites.

So in the end, I moved all my sites one by one from a cpanel system to what ever that terrible looking control panel is, that godaddy grid hosting uses. A few file edits, and not much more and it works perfectly for what I need. Faster, Roomier, Exceedingly cheaper, and it always works. I was cussing the primitive control panel for a bit, but it actually does work. To think, I purchased the grid account for cheap daily backups from my vps, in case virpus got too bad.

Now I really am getting what I paid for.
    Your mileage may vary, but I've have bad experiences with: Future Hosting, Virpus, Burst.net, SmokyHosts, and Regfly.

If you're having trouble with your vps hosts, it's because you're choosing the wrong hosts. There are GREAT vps hosts out there and the 4 that I recommend in no particular order are server complete, knownhost, solarvps, and wiredtree.

I assure you that if you go with one of these hosts, you'll get great service and you'll be happy.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

That's what they all say, even if you pay $40 or $50 a month for a VPS that provides very little in the way of specs (Supposedly the more you pay, and the less you get, they better the company.), that's even fully managed. You can still have serious, unimagined issues with the host.

Look it's not about being cheap, I've paid upwards of $120 a month for a dedicated server (P4 2.4). It's about beating my head against a wall, for throwing away money on services I either don't get to fully utilize, or on VPS companies that fail to fulfill their promises, or demand the password to your personal gmail account.

I'll believe what I want, based on my own experiences over the last decade or so of hosting. You'll believe what you want, and I won't try to convince you otherwise.

I had three different VPS'es with Virpus over the last couple of years. My experience with them has been bad, every time. I will not be going back.

If you have good luck with a host, then good for you.

The problem here though is that Virpus offers one thing, and delivers so much worse.

Not all of their customers have customers of their own, or money from adsense, they expected to get what they paid for, and perhaps can't afford one of those "reputable hosts", for whatever reason. Shouldn't they be entitled to get the quality of service that is advertised, and they paid for? It's not like Virpus is an Unlimited host.

Perhaps they should actually start doing less research and get out the dart board, they'd have better luck, than following some of the misguided information that you find around here.

I've thrown away a ton of money by doing my research on this forum. A few years of income, that could be been more wisely invested, had I not listened.
    Your mileage may vary, but I've have bad experiences with: Future Hosting, Virpus, Burst.net, SmokyHosts, and Regfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis1976 View Post
    So in the end, I moved all my sites one by one from a cpanel system to what ever that terrible looking control panel is, that godaddy grid hosting uses. A few file edits, and not much more and it works perfectly for what I need. Faster, Roomier, Exceedingly cheaper, and it always works. I was cussing the primitive control panel for a bit, but it actually does work. To think, I purchased the grid account for cheap daily backups from my vps, in case virpus got too bad.

Now I really am getting what I paid for.
    I thought the same thing about the gd control panel at first. But you do grow accustomed to it...especially if its not needed much after setup.

@Louis1976 I hear what you're saying, but the hosts that I recommended DO provide all that they state they will. I have had ZERO issues with them. All are fully-managed hosts except for Server Complete and they're semi-managed, but still no problems. All of them offer superior customer service in every way.

I did have a Virpus VPS at one time and my experience was similar to yours and if you search on WHT, you'll find quite a few others who have had similar experiences. If you do a search on any of the others I recommended, you won't find the horror stories. They're just great providers.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.