2checkout ( Confused about a fraud payment )

Hello,
    I run 2checkout module to receive paypal and credit card payments. Today i received an order and 2checkout has just canceled the payment. ( He paid from a paypal account ). My question is here

1) What factors does 2checkout check to consider an order pass or fail?
    2) What should i tell to my client when such issue is happened.

3) I need a detailed information about such kind of issues.

Best Regards

This is best answered by 2CO themselves. As far as I know, their fraud checking system can be quite strict, even more strict than Maxmind in my opinion. We've come to encounter a few orders that were blocked but after some manually verification with the customer, we found that they were mostly blocked due to "high risk countries".

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    This is best answered by 2CO themselves. As far as I know, their fraud checking system can be quite strict, even more strict than Maxmind in my opinion. We've come to encounter a few orders that were blocked but after some manually verification with the customer, we found that they were mostly blocked due to "high risk countries".
    Can we unblock a payment after a verification process myself? I do not know about 2co much.
    Thanks for the reply anyway!

Unfortunately I would not be able to answer that question, but if the customer paid via PayPal, why not just have him/her pay to your PayPal account directly?

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Unfortunately I would not be able to answer that question, but if the customer paid via PayPal, why not just have him/her pay to your PayPal account directly?
    Unfortunately, i live in a country where paypal does not support, so that's why i legally accept paypal payments through 2checkout.
    Anyways, your help is appreciated.

Wajdan-

Hello, my name is Bion and I work for 2Checkout as the Customer Advocate. It is important to us that as many good sales pass our fraud review as possible, but sometimes a good sale will not pass the review. If you have reason to believe that a good sale did not pass our review, let us know. We can contact your customer and do further verification to validate the sale. You can contact us by connecting to the 2Checkout site or calling our customer service and request a manual review of a sale.

You should not worry about such cases, from our experience 2Checkout also gives customers ability to prove that the order is valid. Customers can call 2Checkout and provide them with all required information. From our experience all cases are resolved successfully.

As for the cancellation reason for each particular case - it would be better to contact 2CO support for explanation.

Their (2CO) support is very helpful. We have good experiences with them.

You can call their toll free number and ask them the queries that you have, I am sure they will answer them.
    Support Facility | Your 24/7 outsourcing partner!
    Technical support | Server management
    Fantabulous hosting technical support

Yes, Issues were resolved. And I am happy with 2checkout I hope i do not need maxmind now

Glad to know that your issues is resolved.
    Support Facility | Your 24/7 outsourcing partner!
    Technical support | Server management
    Fantabulous hosting technical support

Good that 2CO team member came in time to assist him. Nice gesture.

2checkout sucks
    i used them before and they told me that 80% of my transactions are fraud !?!?
    thats crazy

Quote Originally Posted by holhostcom View Post
    2checkout sucks
    i used them before and they told me that 80% of my transactions are fraud !?!?
    thats crazy
    Most likely they canceled payments due to some reasons, you always can clarify reasons. I believe 2Checkout is one of the most trusted processors in the world.

Every payment processor has to have a set of verification process, its up to you to comply with those, u need to learn what causes red flag on each transactions. Its healthy for your business too.
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

I never have any other problem with 2co. I believe they are better