Fdcservers--the beginning of the end???

I don't understand it--their service was always great. Have they run out of IP's to issue, or are they jerking me around just for the hell of it? I submitted the form for additional IP's the first time, and between 24-48 hours later got this reply:

Re: [#119066]: "that server is listed as cancelled."

I replied to the email that I just signed up for the server, but received no reply in return. I opened a support ticket, which went unanswered. I used the IP allocation request form again, and 24-48 hours later received this reply:

Re: [#119443]: "There is no active server in this account. Please submit the form for secondary IPs for an active server."

Anyway, I'm posting the problem here, in hopes it gets attention from higher up. If this doesn't work, I may have to cancel the server and do a chargeback with the credit card for services not rendered, after moving my other server elsewhere.

I wouldn't call it the beginning of the end. It's nothing that a supervisor / manager can't rectify. Ask that the ticket be escalated to a higher up.

Regards
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

which are the specs of the vps and how much do you pay?

Look at their offer in the "offers" forum. The deal kicks ass and jumps way over anything anyone else is offering. My past experience with them has always been good. Don't know why I've hit a brick wall with them now. But the fact is, it's useless to me now. I've got 4 different daemons that need to bind to the same port numbers. It can't be done with 1 IP. I've spent 30 hours installing/configuring stuff, and it's all waiting for me to put the IP addresses in the configuration files. And I'm getting this runaround.

Resolved. I opened a new ticket with subject "Please escalate to management." It looks like there is a design flaw in their IP request form that associates the request by email address rather than by the server IP. So it was associating this to another server I used to have, rather than my current account with the same email.

WebhostingTalk isn't an official support channel.

Not just that, but after still taking it through with their support (by issuing another ticket regarding your issue), you eventually got through and rectified the issue.

Sometimes a little patience can help too. Some things slip through the cracks and just takes a little bit of extra communication to get it sorted.

Posting on WHT does not mean you will get anything done quicker, or 'better'. I do not even think FDC frequest on here.

You could try chatting with the sales team, they are usually pretty good, even with some minor technical questions like yours.
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's

Quote Originally Posted by Etian View Post
    Look at their offer in the "offers" forum. The deal kicks ass and jumps way over anything anyone else is offering. My past experience with them has always been good. Don't know why I've hit a brick wall with them now. But the fact is, it's useless to me now. I've got 4 different daemons that need to bind to the same port numbers. It can't be done with 1 IP. I've spent 30 hours installing/configuring stuff, and it's all waiting for me to put the IP addresses in the configuration files. And I'm getting this runaround.
    Usually if a providers offer "kicks ass", it's usually a sign off that they are pulling some strings to give you that kick ass offer. Examples, if they are really cheap, don't expect a great service, if they offer you a bunch of resources, then they are probably overselling so expect a slow service.

I'd rather just go with a good offer then a WOW OMG!!!!?! type of offer because usually if it's a small startup offering a killer offer, that's either a sign off them taking losses trying to get the business started, and then there is always that chance that they may fail as well.

But since you seemed to have got your issue fixed for now, best of luck.

I've been with them for almost a year and everything has been great. The offer that they posted in the offers forum was such an incredible upgrade for just a few dollars more, I couldn't pass it up. And thanks to UNIXy for the magic words that got somebody's attention, instead of circling back to the same department who wasn't resolving the issue.