MDDHosting Review

I have been with MDDHosting since February and my experience with them has been superb. I've gone through many, many hosts in the past that have failed me, but Mike and his company have made me feel very secure.

Price is competitive and support is really great. They respond to their tickets and look into issues within minutes of sending them. They update clients often which is definitely a plus and proves their reliability. I've only had one short unexpected downtime but they were very quick in resolving the issue. Other than that, I've had absolutely no problems with them.

Will continue to work with MDDHosting! I highly recommend them!
    Last edited by Brushed-Red; 06-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.

As per WHT rules, you will need to submit your domain name for verification. You can either do this by replying to your thread with your URL, or by using this form.

It's always good to see a happy customer though .

I have sent my URL using the form.

Great review!

Nice to see you've found a host that makes you happy. Keep us updated in the future.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by Brushed-Red View Post
    I have sent my URL using the form.
    Thanks and verified
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

It's also great seeing that you understand downtime does happen even to the best of companies, so its refreshing seeing you didn't let that dock your experience with Mike and MDDHosting. Mike is a great guy, and I'm sure you will continue to enjoy your experience. Keep us updated

Downtime does occur - especially in a shared environment where you will occasionally have a client run a script that runs-away and uses as much CPU and Memory as it possibly can!

We always resolve issues as quickly as possible, thank you for your review
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Nice review. My congrats Mike. You have a very loyal and good client
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Downtime does occur - especially in a shared environment where you will occasionally have a client run a script that runs-away and uses as much CPU and Memory as it possibly can!

We always resolve issues as quickly as possible, thank you for your review
    It is a typical situation that many hosting companies face. Nothing is unusual here.

Glad your happy. Mike's a good guy, and from what I've seen, knows what he's doing, and cares about his customers.

Thanks for the review mate. It is not a surprise for me to see good reviews on MDD. Just another one in their basket. Come back to update us again.

Quote Originally Posted by HostOrca View Post
    Mike's a good guy, and from what I've seen, knows what he's doing, and cares about his customers.
    I know I have read some his posts and concluded almost the same.

Another positive review from me. I've gone through a bad ride, where a few DB was corrupt and has to use a week's old backup and rebuild a few sites. Lost a few business days due to the outage & back/forth e-mails, but decided to hang around for the timely response and effort from Mike to fix the problems. Glad I was talking to someone knowledgeable and who care about their customers.

I didn't ask for any discount/refund on the case when the SLA went to the drain during that time, I know most hosting company runs really tight because of the competition and a few extra buck is not a big deal for me compare to the business I lost during that outage. But Mike told me he'll give a 50% off on the next time I renew my hosting, so I was surprise and happy about it. So I guess I'll use it to upgrade to a better plan when the time come.

-Anika

Thanks Anika - I very much appreciate your honesty! That was very bad when the MySQL server crashed out after filling it's drive with garbage and in the process corrupting all InnoDB databases.

If I remember right we did manage to recover some of the data, and patched up MySQL to prevent it from happening again. The good news is that we run R1Soft CDP backups for Data & MySQL so this will *NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!* We can restore any of your databases or files to any time as far back as 3 months so if there ever is another issue similar to what happened the first time we can easily restore your data!

Michael is on the roll great to see yet another positive review, keep up the good work. Some sunshine after all the rain which fell the past days is welcome in the hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Michael is on the roll
    Could be because of this email the clients received

" Please do at the very least get back with us by responding to this email and let us know what you think of our service and support. Make sure to tell us what you like and what you don't like and what you would like to see offered that isn't currently offered and where you feel we could improve. If you do manage to find the time to write a detailed review citing what you do and don't like about our services and support we would very much appreciate you posting that review in a few places.

Due to our business model and our ethics we cannot pay you to post a review and we will not ask you to post a "good" review - we simply ask that you are honest in your review and that you be as detailed as possible. We rely upon your reviews and you recommending us to your friends, family, associaties, and acquaintances for us to grow and prosper.

If you do find the time to write and post a review (good or bad) here are some of the locations we monitor for reviews (in order of importance from most to least):

1. WebHostingTalk.com - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1
    2. RatePoint - http://www.ratepoint.com/tellus/6687
    3. HostJury - http://hostjury.com/reviews/mdd+hosting

If you post a review somewhere else, do let us know by contacting us so that we can make sure to take a look at the review!

Thank you!

Michael Denney"
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

If you're going to quote the email, please quote the entire thing:
    Subject: MDDHosting - How are things going?

Hello *customernamehere*,

I see that you have been a client since *sign up date* and I wanted to check in with you to see how things were going. At MDDHosting we are always doing our best to provide the best service and support we possibly can and we are always striving to improve our services. We of course are always thinking about ways for us to improve but the best way for us to find out what we perhaps should be doing that we aren't is to hear from your clients such as yourself. We always want to hear your feedback whether it's a positive comment or a negative one.

Here at MDDHosting we choose to invest more money into our servers, services, and support instead of dumping money into advertising. The average web hosting client costs approximately $150 to obtain by advertising and we feel that it's better that we spend that money improving our services and thus we rely heavily upon word of mouth recommendation and public reviews of our services. While directly contacting us such as by responding to this message will help us decide what we need to do to improve our services and support further posting a review publicly will do this as well as helping us obtain new customers without having to invest money into advertising.

Please do at the very least get back with us by responding to this email and let us know what you think of our service and support. Make sure to tell us what you like and what you don't like and what you would like to see offered that isn't currently offered and where you feel we could improve. If you do manage to find the time to write a detailed review citing what you do and don't like about our services and support we would very much appreciate you posting that review in a few places.

Due to our business model and our ethics we cannot pay you to post a review and we will not ask you to post a "good" review - we simply ask that you are honest in your review and that you be as detailed as possible. We rely upon your reviews and you recommending us to your friends, family, associaties, and acquaintances for us to grow and prosper.

If you do find the time to write and post a review (good or bad) here are some of the locations we monitor for reviews (in order of importance from most to least):

1. WebHostingTalk.com - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1
    2. RatePoint - http://www.ratepoint.com/tellus/6687
    3. HostJury - http://hostjury.com/reviews/mdd+hosting

If you post a review somewhere else, do let us know by contacting us so that we can make sure to take a look at the review!

Thank you!

Michael Denney
    [] MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    [] http://www.mddhosting.com/
    [] 866-758-HOST (4678) Follow us on twitter: @MDDHosting
    [] How are we doing? Review us at RatePoint!
    I see no issues with soliciting feedback from clients and providing them with potential locations to post reveiws (good or bad) should they desire to do so and only asking that they be honest if they choose to post a review. If this is somehow un-ethical or violates the rules (not aware that it does) by all means pull the reviews.

We've got nothing to hide

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    Could be because of this email the clients received
    That could explain the increasing amount; but still they are good (and of the look of it, genuine) reviews.

Personally i think its a good thing to ask clients for feedback (and we do), but would never ask them to post any review.

Still its a welcome sound in this industry where we often see more negative reviews as positive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    That could explain the increasing amount; but still they are good (and of the look of it, genuine) reviews.

Personally i think its a good thing to ask clients for feedback (and we do), but would never ask them to post any review.

Still its a welcome sound in this industry where we often see more negative reviews as positive ones.
    I don't see any issue with the e-mail - the ultimate goal is to receive feedback from our clients about what we are or are not doing - if they choose to post it somewhere then that's awesome. We didn't ask them to do it but simply stated we would appreciate it if they did. I guess it's in the semantics and how you want to interpret the message. There obviously is no ill intention and it's not an attempt to "game the system".

As I said, if a moderator wants to pull reviews over the last week or so - by all means - do so, but keep in mind you will be pulling legitimate reviews

I'm very happy with them. Been a client for around 3 months now & had no downtime whatsoever.

I have found communicating with them to be easy. They respond quickly to questions I have.

After being pushed from pillar to post with other webhosts it was a relief to find a host who listened to my needs & actually recommended the best plan for me & told me if/when my site outgrows that plan, I won't just have the plug pulled on me (like I have in the past).

There's a lot of hosts who promise you the world, and if you are a small site they will more often than not deliver. But I have found owning a medium sized site hosts are not so accommodating. MDD Hosting have been absolutely supportive & happy to help. I am extremely happy with the service.