LFD messages regarding high load...

Good afternoon,

I have a VPS with Future Hosting and recently I have been getting more and more notifications from LFD regarding high CPU load. For example:

Time: Sun Jun 14 06:50:48 2009 -0500
    1 Min Load Avg: 9.47
    5 Min Load Avg: 6.25
    15 Min Load Avg: 3.68
    Running/Total Processes: 2/105

I am getting at least one of these a day now and I am also getting alerts about services failing, SPAMD in particular but also EXIM (and messages about LFD being unable to determine the exim queue length). External monitors are also warning me about SMTP timeouts during the same time period that I get the "high load" errors.

Tech support seems a bit stumped by this one and ALWAYS come back with "load looks fine right now". With the frequency of the warning emails increasing I am getting very concerned about the stability of my VPS.

**Note -- I am not running anything significant on my VPS yet with minimal visitors and load (RAM usage consistently stays below 300MB on a VPS with 1+GB RAM.

What is your ticket ID?
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

Sent PM with ticket number.

Just wanted to update -- FutureHosting support has resolved this issue and now my sites and development projects are showing excellent performance.

I have been monitoring my sites over the last few weeks and everything is working great!

Futurehosting continues to show they are willing to go the extra mile. I strongly encourage other users to consider hosting with this company -- despite my high maintenance level they still treat me as a valued customer.