Thumbs up PhotonVPS Review: Great customer service & reliable

Host: PhotonVPS.com
    IP of site: 199.71.213.7

As a first time user of a VPS, I would have to give lots of thanks and support to the PhotonVPS team. They provided me with very helpful solutions and answers to all of my questions for a first time user.

After a few days of playing around on SSH and tips the support team provided, I was able to control and understand how a VPS system works. In addition, they were able to help me with some general PCI compliance issues I found with my scanner. Great customer service and support!

The price of Beam 1 is very reasonable and just a few dollars more than shared hosting. Now I have so much more control of my web server and confidence being supported by this reliable young company.

Additionally, I did not purchase the cPanel. With my general knowledge of Linux and help from the support team, I was able to install only what I wanted to meet my PCI compliance.

Overall, I would recommend PhotonVPS to experienced and new VPS users.
    Last edited by duoBasis; 06-16-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: IP of site

Thanks for your review of us, be sure to let us know if you need any further assistance!
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Semi-Managed VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing
    Tier 4 Los Angeles, CA Datacenter | Dallas, TX now online!

@duoBasis: it's been a month now, what about photonvps now? are they still good?

thanks.

My VPS is still going strong. They recently had a power upgrade installation and notified me ahead of time. It went smoothly and my server was back up quickly. I did have a small issue with a VPS service that needed to be started again which the support helped me take care of right away. Saved me a lot of trouble and time.

GREAT to hear that.
    backup feature is another valuable one from them.

i will put my order soon

Haha, it's always good to see some GOOD reviews among all the posts of people switching providers for the third or fourth time or moving from VPS to Dedicated. Good for you!

Yeah definitely. I've gone through many shared hosts before and I was surprised my first VPS hosting company would be so reliable since I wasn't sure of all the different companies at the time.

A few months have past since I signed up with photonvps.com .

I have not experienced many problems and they are informative when upgrades or changes will be made to the servers. I've been reconstructing my site I have with them under a new domain name: thatshitisripe.com . Also, I like that they have an affiliate program so if you are in need of a low cost reliable host, check them out for yourself.

<snipped>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-10-2009 at 12:37 AM.

Glad to hear that you're happy and thanks for updating the review!

my first impression is "server specs" and after the setup, i have many unexpected problems with servers, and now i decide to transfer my openvz to xen,because i see the virtualization design and have a lot of testimony, but what happen to photonvps, some of my services are not running and some softwares are not running. and most of all i have'nt recieve an answers to my tickets.
    Last edited by bgsebiosjr; 10-09-2009 at 11:31 PM.

I havent had many problems maybe because i may not use the vps as extensive as others but from all my learning and experimenting as a vps unmanaged newbie, its been good. So i definitely cant speak for those that require more.

Until now, more than 3 days my server is not usable.

How can we give a reviews to this company that there is no Contact Numbers, Live chat, support tickets, yes there is a reply but not all the solutions.

I would like suggest to Jim to make live chat
    I interest photonvps but my script is not done yet

thats good i'm going to make my order now

Always great to hear happy review for the satisfied customer. Thanks for sharing.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

16. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com