Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

zero liabilty DC - does this exist?

OK - here's the deal we need a reliable Data Center in a country that will support our needs. We are seeking a country that is free of US, China, UK tort law/law suit liability obligations. Also a country that does not allow a law suit to be filed in same country for issues that are not illegal or create no actual damage to anyone of the same country. Any recommended Data Center would be very helpful and appreciated. Bandwidth is important as we are going to spend serious money to create a world class proxy service with very fast and reliable speed 24/7.

Before everyone spends their precious time posting their righteous lectures please keep in mind - WE ARE NOT SPAMMING - WE DO NOT GAMBLE - NO ADULT HOSTING - Instead we are trying to offer refuge to those who have a voice and wish to speak anonymously in third world authoritarian countries like North Korea, Iran etc...We also want a place for those of us that live in the US and need to fly under the radar for whatever reasons without the worries and uncertainties. Have looked at Panama but our attorney tells us they are due to cave anytime to US demands and have already to some extent already. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Sweden or the Netherlands probably your best bet.
    linveo.com | Shared Hosting | AMD and Intel KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers
    Direct Admin | VirtFusion | TenantOS | 24/7/365 Support

I just don't get it. If it is not illegal then why would you be fearful of any civil or criminal suits?

In any case you could try Atlantis.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    I just don't get it. If it is not illegal then why would you be fearful of any civil or criminal suits?
    "We also want a place for those of us that live in the US and need to fly under the radar for whatever reasons without the worries and uncertainties"

This sounds like anything but legal.

I could understand regarding political refugees with what's been happening in Iran and whatnot, but depending on what you want to do with it (ie, advertising hosting?), you are inviting a lot of unsavory individuals.

If it is just regarding political opinions/etc, and you were concerned about legality, the US would be much safer. As long as it isn't anything illegal, you still have legally protected rights. Use them to your advantage instead of flying under the radar.
    Ken Robertson | Linked Labs | linkedlabs.com

Maybe you should try Sealand? ;-)

Do not try any country in the European union or in western Europe. Send me a PM and I can give you more info on some good countries :-)

I think I understand what you are talking about, but most don't and will not and will simply label you or think your up to no good, that is if you are needing this for the reasons I am thinking.

Good luck either way.

Europe is the best location for you
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers & Managed Hosting that your business can depend on.
    // Multiple Locations: Netherlands | Sweden | Bulgaria | Switzerland
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

As long as you're not doing anything illegal, you should be fine hosting right here in the United States, as there is this little thing called the freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    As long as you're not doing anything illegal, you should be fine hosting right here in the United States, as there is this little thing called the freedom of speech.
    He/She mentioned lawsuits. Sadly we have a bunch of frivolous lawsuits in the US. I also don't trust our government with much these days, especially when you have private "special handshake" (special interest) groups as well as large greedy corporations influencing the courts and law on what is and isn't allowed on the internet.

This country is supposed to be for we the people, not we the companies.

That's just my opinion though. Free Speech exists, as long as its not about any business or corporation......

Sealand seems like the right kind of place, but it looks like fire could be a problem in the middle of the ocean... As well, Im not sure how redundancy plays in as a factor with this datacenter. You may be able to find a host there (as they seemingly offer colocation) and speak to them.

Well, best of luck!
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

Quote Originally Posted by Machen - Limestone View Post
    Sealand seems like the right kind of place, but it looks like fire could be a problem in the middle of the ocean... As well, Im not sure how redundancy plays in as a factor with this datacenter. You may be able to find a host there (as they seemingly offer colocation) and speak to them.

Well, best of luck!
    That is not necessary, and impossible after the datacenter burned down (unless they rebuilt since then).

OP, if you decide to come back here and chime in, here are some places to start looking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externa...European_Union

Look for countries who might be described as not apart of the union and unlikely to be apart any time soon.

You will still need to look into laws and maybe, if your serious, even look for current or past court cases or news articles about internet abuse etc.

Quote Originally Posted by raidz View Post
    That is not necessary, and impossible after the datacenter burned down (unless they rebuilt since then).

OP, if you decide to come back here and chime in, here are some places to start looking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externa...European_Union

Look for countries who might be described as not apart of the union and unlikely to be apart any time soon.

You will still need to look into laws and maybe, if your serious, even look for current or past court cases or news articles about internet abuse etc.
    ownd
    Thank you for the information : - )Google, you failed me! Don't make me try bing!

Google
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

Quote Originally Posted by raidz View Post
    He/She mentioned lawsuits. Sadly we have a bunch of frivolous lawsuits in the US. I also don't trust our government with much these days, especially when you have private "special handshake" (special interest) groups as well as large greedy corporations influencing the courts and law on what is and isn't allowed on the internet.

This country is supposed to be for we the people, not we the companies.

That's just my opinion though. Free Speech exists, as long as its not about any business or corporation......
    Take this to the social issues forum. All interests are special interest. You seem to have a "special interest" in ultimate free speech.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

How about http://prq.se ?
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Take this to the social issues forum. All interests are special interest. You seem to have a "special interest" in ultimate free speech.
    My apologies, however, it did have some relevance to the topic, but I was taking it a bit too far. Again sorry

Quote Originally Posted by msherman View Post
    How about http://prq.se ?
    I would stay away from them as they almost knowingly harbor illegal or semi-illegal stuff (or so I have heard...). I would want to stay as far away from that crowd as possible, but that's just me.

They were raided by the authorities in 2006 if I'm not mistaken. http://radicalfilms.co.uk/2009/04/18...-cctv-footage/ There you can see for yourself the authorities walking around in the datacenter :-)
    Last edited by raidz; 06-16-2009 at 11:58 PM.

I think you are getting bad advice - the US protects free speech, which means you are more likely to get a fair deal here if push comes to shove, as will any "under-the-radar" participants. Can you imagine what would happen if the identity of your members were leaked here in the US? Where else would there be any recourse?

Lawsuits plain and simple. There is on medium size host here that has, or has had, multiple law suits against some of his former customers because they posted on WHT and told of how bad his service was among other negative things. Doesn't matter if what they said is true or not, they still have to pay to fight the law suit. There are many people/companies in the world that use the court system in an attempt to bully and wrongfully damage any one that speaks out against them.
    Last edited by mgphoto; 06-17-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by mgphoto View Post
    Lawsuits plain and simple. There is on medium size host here that has, or has had, multiple law suits against some of his former customers because they posted on WHT and told of how bad his service was among other negative things. Doesn't matter if what they said is true or not, they still have to pay to fight the law suit. There are many people/companies in the world that use the court system in an attempt to bully and wrongfully damage any one that speaks out against them.
    There are many who still don't seem to understand this....Well Put.

I think the issue is what he considers "free speech" certain businesses consider private internal communication and not intended for public display. Whether it's copywritten or not and truly "legal" isn't entirely the issue... with sites like wikileaks and such they are painting a bad picture against possibly big business. It's often not about what's legal... but who can afford a bigger lawsuit and better lawyers.

Hate to break it to you, but Sealand went under years ago. A buddy of mine was a sysadmin there. I think they had a fire and could not afford to rebuild.

If it truly is for what you say it is, just get a dedicated server anywhere you like, and build a monetized front-end for ToR. No one will ever know.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

Can anyone explain to me how you send a PM on this site? I guess I am PM challenged at this point.

You need to have at least 'x' posts before being allowed to PM or be PMed.

Something else that might throw a spanner in your plans to be immune from lawsuits is no matter where you host your website, you will still be able to be sued in your own country.

ie: you live in the US, your website is hosted in, lets say china, you can still receive a lawsuit in the US, as you live in the US and a subject to their laws.

They might not be able to touch the website, but they can come after you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast