Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As a host who offers recurring commissions, I have to say that most affiliates seem to prefer the opposite: they are looking for a quick buck with a larger one-time payout.

But I still chose the recurring route, because I believe that everyone's interests - mine, the affiliates' and the clients' - are better served when all of those interests are aligned long-term.

But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hosting Team View Post
    As a host who offers recurring commissions, I have to say that most affiliates seem to prefer the opposite: they are looking for a quick buck with a larger one-time payout.

But I still chose the recurring route, because I believe that everyone's interests - mine, the affiliates' and the clients' - are better served when all of those interests are aligned long-term.

Same here. I am all about the long-term. It is less stressful, more stable, and more fair.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

It is less stressful, more stable, and more fair.
    Still, as an affiliate, risky too, if the host ends up in a vaserv-like situation.

Personally, I would prefer a bit of both. A relatively large lump for landing the sale, and then a trickle of recurring commissions that could add up in time to a healthy constant income. Kinda' like Liquidweb has for its dedis.

Thanks guys for all your advices, it is very interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    I am just wondering how it is possible to stimulate people to buy hosting right from your website? Do you have any ideas about this?
    - Better it's to promote an idea for what people need hosting, for example, blogging or money making on internet. When they are interesting on your offers and advices about blogs or sites building, they definitely will buy hosting from your affiliate link!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hosting Team View Post

Some of the larger companies are probably that way, but I also prefer this method.
    madgenius.com - S Corp. We are US based company.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Also offering custom solutions and automated provisioning for most services

Could you, please, provide any good examples when hosts offer offers recurring commissions? I know only those ones which provide one-time payment for each sale generated.

As an Affiliate Manager, I agree with recurring commission is best way both affiliate marketer and merchant. Especially if a merchant offers more than 100% commission. For example we offer 400% commission for each sale. So which one is better? Getting your money after 4 months from sign-up date. Or getting 100% for each month?

In that way, affiliates get their money quickly, they keep their commission in safe. And merchants keep themselves away paying affiliate commission because of fraud orders...

Most hosting companies are not paying attention to their affiliate program. In affiliate marketing industry, they have very bad reputation, because they cancel whole commission amount even the customer cancel their services in 3rd month. We work with 3rd party affiliate network for our program.

So you can make much better with hosting affiliate program, if you go with the trusted one with a dedicated affiliate manager!

The most I've earned it was 40% comision.

Interesting thread

but what i found is that Blue Host offering the 65$ for per refferal with no inital setup
    and The dreamhost offering the 97$ per referal and additional 5$ if the Refreal re-refer .

So i think this is also a good way of marketing the products ..

but what i found is that Blue Host offering the 65$ for per refferal with no inital setup
    Join cj.com and you'll find that they offer more there.

For Blue Host, the least expensive product that your referred client must purchase is $59.40. That excludes alot of potential clients. It is easier to make people purchase services for less money, so there is a chance you can earn more by sending referrals to a Host which pay you less commission.

Furthermore, since Blue Host (and every other host in general that uses these methods) pay you more that they earn, they have to use an unfriendly terms of service. For instance, you will only get commission for a referral if the account is active for 90 days after signup. You have to have a balance of $100 or more to qualify for payout (meaning atleast two referrals), you have to wait atleasy 45 days for your check, you will loose commission if the client downgrades his package, even if Blue still makes $200 per year on that client after the downgrade.
    There are even worse stuff in their TOS'es.

I have nothing against Blue Host, I'm certain they provide a great service to their clients, but any affiliate program that relies on the host tricking the affiliate out of their money on like every seventh sale, is not good. Sure one of six referred clients can purchase services that are more expensive, making the host cover the expensive commission payouts, but we all know most affiliates will probably push the program that sells best = least expensive?

I prefer the percentage based affiliate programs, or a lower fixed amount that the host can actually afford on every sale. I'm in it for the long run, I don't what to have to change all my links to a new affiliate program after getting screwed.

Wow, and this is my first post on this board

Quote Originally Posted by marckindi View Post
    Interesting thread

and The dreamhost offering the 97$ per referal and additional 5$ if the Refreal re-refer .

So i think this is also a good way of marketing the products ..

Quote Originally Posted by FH-Andreas View Post
    For Blue Host, the least expensive product that your referred client must purchase is $59.40. That excludes alot of potential clients. It is easier to make people purchase services for less money, so there is a chance you can earn more by sending referrals to a Host which pay you less commission.

Furthermore, since Blue Host (and every other host in general that uses these methods) pay you more that they earn, they have to use an unfriendly terms of service. For instance, you will only get commission for a referral if the account is active for 90 days after signup. You have to have a balance of $100 or more to qualify for payout (meaning atleast two referrals), you have to wait atleasy 45 days for your check, you will loose commission if the client downgrades his package, even if Blue still makes $200 per year on that client after the downgrade.
    There are even worse stuff in their TOS'es.

I have nothing against Blue Host, I'm certain they provide a great service to their clients, but any affiliate program that relies on the host tricking the affiliate out of their money on like every seventh sale, is not good. Sure one of six referred clients can purchase services that are more expensive, making the host cover the expensive commission payouts, but we all know most affiliates will probably push the program that sells best = least expensive?

I prefer the percentage based affiliate programs, or a lower fixed amount that the host can actually afford on every sale. I'm in it for the long run, I don't what to have to change all my links to a new affiliate program after getting screwed.

Wow, and this is my first post on this board
    Thats a complicated affiliate program. It would more simply to say, you earh XX for each sign up and we pay after 60 days.

But i guess people are not interested on 10$ bucks, they want 50$ per sale. Thats why the hosts have to come out with this since they still have to earn money someway with such high payouts.

The sky is the limit, get to know the provider, speak to live chat see what they offer , get some information make sure you thnk they will be around for the long run and sure the more sales you obtain the more you make, you can go on forever like that, but if you also think you be good at getting sales and think you could manage things, you might also want a reseller account, where you have more control over the clients and probably would make more interest more profit instead of the afiiliate making you 10% you would have a flat fee monthly then rest you sell ror make is yours, There's lot's of possibilities and profit can easily be made, check things out see whwhat's best for you!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

I am just wondering if all affiliate programs are really honest. What hosts it is better not to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    I am just wondering if all affiliate programs are really honest. What hosts it is better not to deal with?
    no, not all affiliate programs are honest. You need to be selective. check the points below when you selecting an affiliate program for yourself.

- is it a program running by dedicated affiliate manager
    - rate of their reversal transactions
    - conversion rates
    - recurring commission
    - cookie time
    - coupons
    - contests & bonuses
    - ask them something and check their respond time

most of companies are thinking that, running an affiliate program easy, just create a few banners, install an affiliate tracking software, that's all... running an affiliate program is more more than these things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12