Outgoing email approval by admin?

Dear all,

My customer recently planning to get a VPS from us.

First of all the customer will like to know whether we can config exim / qmail / sendmail for them to restrict the outgoing email or not.

The email system flow will goes like this:

user accounts send out email --> admin accounts, pending for approval / reject emails to send out --> email receiver or dropped.

They asked for this system is because recently they get complaint about their staff being rude to their customers.

So, they plan to scan every single email that their user send out, once they found out rude words, they will straight reject the email being sent.

Basically the admin can approve and reject all the outgoing mail.

May i know is that possible to do so?

If yes, how?

Thank you
    TheGigabit.com - Malaysia Hosting Provider
    TheGigabit.asia - Hong Kong Hosting Provider
    Dedicated Server * Server Co-location * Cloud * VPS * IP Transit * Managed Services | MSN Messenger: west.teoh(at)thegigabit.com

No doubt it is possible; I can envision such a system in Postfix.

But maybe there is another, human-centric, solution to the problem. Set up your client's mail environment to BCC the "boss" on every single mail that goes out. This is a pretty common requirement asked of all mail servers so I am sure you'll find a recipe for this easily enough.

First nasty email the boss comes along, here is what the boss does:

1. Print email
    2. Fill out termination papers for the employee
    3. Call a mandatory staff meeting without disclosing the reason; arrange for coffee and doughnuts or whatever treat makes sense in their area - make a big deal of this. Arrange for security to be present just outside.
    4. Boss calls up employee to the front; employee things he/she is getting a reward or something and so does everyone else
    5. Read the offending letter; fire the employee on the spot in front of everyone

If the employee is remote, do this all via web cam and publish it on YouTube.

I think this process will stop the problems very quickly and very little technology is required.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

On cPanel server using exim, you can catch all out going and incoming mails from the backend without employee knowing it, but to hold, approve and reject, I am not sure.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I have heard of http://www.office-addins.com/-outloo...-approved.html for outlook if the enduser is using it.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Hivelocity,

thanks is such a helpful links, but it require configure every of the outlook they using, for big corporate is uneasy to do so.

so i'm looking for config the mail server instead of plug-in for outlook.

thanks anyway.
    TheGigabit.com - Malaysia Hosting Provider
    TheGigabit.asia - Hong Kong Hosting Provider
    Dedicated Server * Server Co-location * Cloud * VPS * IP Transit * Managed Services | MSN Messenger: west.teoh(at)thegigabit.com