Hosting Review Site

I have been wanting to open a review site for awhile, however I just never really had any idea on how to do it, I purchased the domain, design, and scripts to do it from someone on another forum.

Now I have made some changes in it and I as far as I can tell I am wanting to go into a completely different direction as the current owner, and many other hosting review sites out there.

I am wanting to make a spam free / advertisement free review site, where not only can a user review their web hosting experience but web hosting businesses can post there own site to be available for review. I want it to be completely honest, I want the user to actually obtain something out of it, where not only the web host benefits but each individual user that reads the site does and helps them make a smarter decision on who to host with. However, this isn't exactly easy thing to do, well at least for me on certain aspects.

I am looking for any advice on how to truly improve the site and get more businesses to submit their own site, and as well people to review them, handling spam and advertising isn't entirely a huge deal seeing as I plan on manually reviewing each site myself.

Site: http://HostingReviewsBase.com

Any opinions ore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Website lacks a professional design. Colors are selected incorrectly. Work more on colour spectrum. Website design is not readable. There is no logo and header design. Hire a professional web designer if you really like to succeed in the future.
    Last edited by Andreyfidrya; 06-16-2009 at 09:38 AM.

No other suggestions?

When I come to your site the first thing I can see is black background. It doesn't suit website well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW View Post
    I am wanting to make a spam free / advertisement free review site...
    Maybe you should consider getting rid of your affiliate hosting banners if that is what you are really after.

And I agree that the black background doesn't work well for your site.

I am wanting to make a spam free / advertisement free review site
    First then - remove the advertising. Right now your site looks boxy and the black background really doesn't work well. Read through your guidelines - that all looks great.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Hmm, so generally people don't want to see my affiliate buttons, it definitely will not hurt to lose those if it will help hosts themselves become more involved.

Thanks on the guidelines I typed those up in just a few minutes, probably need a bit of editing.

I have changed a few of the colors around, alot of the colors need fine tuning still, and I have to do a few other things to make the web page look like it is supposed to, and as well I have removed the affiliate buttons.

I dont like the color's too much it looks very plain but not the good kind of plain. Add some white with something to bring this site alive possibly a better logo. Im using i.e 6 and i feel that your site need's to be centerd its more to the left with a huge gap to the right. Your at a good start but still need's some work good luck.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    I dont like the color's too much it looks very plain but not the good kind of plain. Add some white with something to bring this site alive possibly a better logo. Im using i.e 6 and i feel that your site need's to be centerd its more to the left with a huge gap to the right. Your at a good start but still need's some work good luck.
    The colors are seemingly off, I really need to change them a bit, due to the right side "ads" I am not 100% sure I can actually recenter the page using the plugin I am using.

Currently working a logo, I do believe the that will help give the page some life

I have done quite a been of modifying as well as editing the header, any opinions about the header?

mmm....I think there's too much information that you need to scroll in order to view.

I think the header needs to be fixed to match the color scheme of the design.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting