* Thawte SSL Certificates

I didn't know where else to post this, it is domain related however it's not a domain related issue so I guess it could be moved or deleted if need-be.

We utilize our domain program through NetEarthOne and had some ssl certificates that our company used. For whatever reason during some migration Thawtes system and NetEarthOnes system didn't sync things correctly so when we attempted to re-issue a certificate we were unable to do so.

It's been going on probably the third week since this problem was reported and we still don't have a functional ssl certificate. Chris from NetEarthOne has stated it's out of his hands and that the ball is completely in Thawtes court. Three weeks, and no ssl re-issue.

I've done everything Thawte has requested that I do and here we are, no where.

I have no idea how Thawte has managed to position itself in the way it has with this type of activity. Those that resell ssl certificates with them will probably be able to relate to how they handle things.

So if your reselling Thawte certificates, ask yourself how your customers would handle waiting 3+ weeks on a re-issue.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

I think its the migration issue that you are referring to. Thawte had migrated certs from their legacy platform to a more robust geotrust platform. I had faced something similar with RC and I got in touch with my account manager over there. It took sometime, but luckily got resolved. Its an issue at thawte's end if your re-issue is stuck due to migration.

Yeah that's what we were told. It puts us in a position of having virtually no say since we aren't affiliated with ResellerClub other then going through whatever NE1 does.

RC and Thawte to me share the same amount of responsibility in issues like this, I don't think I need to tell you what kind of an operation ResellerClub runs.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager

I am very sure you can resolve your issue through the chat support at thawte's website. give it a try.
    CCIHosting.com - Anonymous Offshore Hosting Solutions with DDoS Protection
    99.9% Uptime and 24x7 Tech Support via Live Chat, Telephone and Tickets
    Skype ccipanama

Let me also mention what has actually happened behind the scenes, as James wells knows it isn't "NetEarth Ones System" its the LogicBoxes platform, owned and operated by Logicboxes/DirectI/ResellerClub - whichever you wish to call them (same company).

After the first week of being told by DI/LB that is is to do with the Migration of Thawtes platform to the new one (crosswhale - correct) we were initially told not to revoke the cert, then we were told to revoke the cert and the customer (in this case James) would get a full refund so that a replacement cert could be ordered. James had a problem sending the fax to LB (3 times if I remember correctly), and therefore requested us to do it, I sent it straight to LB (who confirmed that it had been sent) so that they can continue the discussions on this with THAWTE so that when THAWTE states they are waiting for XYZ LB can simply reply, yes you have that on X date at X time, stop wasting time and get on with it.

I offered a free AlphaSSL cert (http://www.alphassl.com) so at least whichever site needs it can be secured, and when/if/how the refund happens from THAWTE James can do with it as he pleases.

I can't really blame this on LogicBoxes either if I am given the full story by them (LB), if not the correct story, then it is their fault, it certainly is from a chasing point of view, as I have to chase LB/DI/RC all the time.

This being another reason why we have joined up with GlobalSign to become Platinum Partners so that there is another offering outside of the LB platform.

Chris
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, http://reseller.netearthone.com
    SSLReseller - WHMCS SSL module now released into BETA www.sslreseller.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

cybercast, Thawte won't offer us any support, they tell us to refer things to NetEarthOne. Sometimes they will help with surface issues but anything like this they do nothing for.

Chris from NetEarth has been very helpful. I respectfully didn't take him up on his free offer because this shouldn't come out of his pocket, this isn't his problem.

Now if Thawte wanted to compensate Chris for an AlphaSSL certificate i'd accept it.

This issue needs to be out there, because it's surely not the only one. I hope this isn't the wrong place to air it but we all know how much attention WebHostingTalk.com gets, just ask some of the companies that have ripped me off years back and are now running to me to sell their products, thank god for wht's archives
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager