Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes still having problem with this game in particular all my other games work fine like normal. I logged off ...waited a while go back in. Restart steam. Delete the content ..Re-Download it etc everything you can think of.

I am not complaining because A) its free B) I don't have the time to whine about it (many people on their forums are ..ouch). I guess that is one way to get the game to be talked about

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    Yes still having problem with this game in particular all my other games work fine like normal. I logged off ...waited a while go back in. Restart steam. Delete the content ..Re-Download it etc everything you can think of.

I am not complaining because A) its free B) I don't have the time to whine about it (many people on their forums are ..ouch). I guess that is one way to get the game to be talked about
    It's not a free game. The developers didn't work for free. The Army paid for this game. Which means US citizens paid for it in taxes (although it was probably a very small portion).

The epic failure during release date shows us that we should plead for mercy from God when those nut jobs try to role out national health care reform.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityJJ View Post
    Was probably planned before the launch...
    That makes sense.. let's reward our dev team for an awesome upcoming launch by firing them all. That would have to mean that management knew the game was going to be a failure and released it anyway.
    Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

Quote Originally Posted by cywkevin View Post
    The epic failure during release date shows us that we should plead for mercy from God when those nut jobs try to role out national health care reform.
    Yes because the people in management/developement positions of the game are going to be involved in the health care reforms. There are some nut jobs about, but it's more likely I am quoting one rather than the contents may suggest.

have you read what a developer said after getting fired?

' I worked as a Dev at AA Emeryville for the last year and a half and I hope I can appeal to your rationality and common sense. I would like you to imagine trying to build a game with an impossible deadline, steadily declining workforce (via firings), A hiring freeze, constantly being fed misinformation, having the "higher ups" completely ignore your weekly plea for either A) more time, or B) more manpower, working a ton of unpaid overtime, pouring your heart and soul into a misadventure only to have the uniformed community scoff at you for uncontrollable variables..... RIGHT when you've just lost your job.

There are problems with the release beyond the devs control. In fact, the bureaucracy is so convoluted that you can't even begin to imagine the breadth and scope of B.S. the devs had to deal with daily. in short, imagine being the subcontractor of a subcontractor of a contractor to the government. Sure Millions of dollars may have been poured into this project, but how much do you think made it to the actual DEV team, the people MAKING the game, after it was filtered by the bureaucracy?

I realize if you are a gamer, you rightly expect a game to work. period. But I would ask that you imagine for a second that you actually DON'T understand what it takes to make this particular game, and you really don't understand the many obstacles that were placed in front of the Devs... in nerdy terms: A Kobiyashi maru.

What I would like you to understand is that the Devs did everything they could, worked a TON of unpaid overtime, put their time and passion into an un-winnable situation, and were effectively stabbed in the back. Many of these guys are my close friends, they have family to take care of, and overpriced rent to deal with. They just came off busting their butts for months, to be let go, without warning. Perhaps a little empathy is in order here.

Almost every multiplayer online game has problems upon release. These problems become exaggerated when a development team is kept in constant turmoil and paranoia via misinformation and a high rate of employee turnover. When the people you trust around you are being let go, it becomes difficult to emotionally invest yourself in the titanic sinking ship. Nonetheless, I can tell you the Devs STILL pushed themselves as hard as they could.

Furthermore, the problem with the game at this point, has everything to do with the authentication servers being slammed, A.K.A not a controllable variable by the Devs. Sure there are bugs, they WERE being fixed, and now you'll be lucky to see any fixes in the near future.

For those of you who think Redstone arsenal will do a better job, well.... I won't have to tell you that you're sadly mistaken because you'll see for yourself.

I'm not sure why i've felt compelled to write this when I'm sure it will get deleted, or even scoffed at further, but I hoped to let the fans know that we tried as hard as we could and are very bummed to see the fruits of our labor shoved at gamers like a heaping pile of crap.

Despite confirming the closure news through official channels, the current OPORD for Army moderators is to deny everything, and then ban those who disagree with their heavy-handed ways.'

and I should add 10 million dollars went into the product. 9 million went to 5 managers. our tax paying money to 5 guys.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

It's not a free game. The developers didn't work for free. The Army paid for this game. Which means US citizens paid for it in taxes (although it was probably a very small portion).
    This is true. The game is financed by their recruitment budget.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I'm downloading it now. I love the game (I have v2.5 on home PC and had 2.8 something here, but going to 3 now)
    AS395558

The hell.. these graphics SUCK! :/ I'm on a decent gfx card that played v2.8 with 0 lag, this isnt really all that laggy, but the graphics are disgusting. Basic training bushes are pink and stuff. ew.

This is buggy and absolutely disgusting. Gross. I won't be playing AA for a while now, that is for sure.
    Last edited by Dougy; 06-21-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    The hell.. these graphics SUCK! :/ I'm on a decent gfx card that played v2.8 with 0 lag, this isnt really all that laggy, but the graphics are disgusting. Basic training bushes are pink and stuff. ew.

This is buggy and absolutely disgusting. Gross. I won't be playing AA for a while now, that is for sure.
    I maxed the graphics in my settings and it looks like call of duty world at war

Usually when graphics are pink/purple-ish in the game there is a bug within the game that comes from your video card and a restart would do. However, since this is a new game I now expect that to happen.

I will just wait for BF1943 ...another FPS is an "arcade" version but is worth looking at for a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    That makes sense.. let's reward our dev team for an awesome upcoming launch by firing them all. That would have to mean that management knew the game was going to be a failure and released it anyway.
    America's Army 3 was rushed. If you've played it you'll realize that the developers were obviously rushed with the release. And I think the graphics look good.

http://www.upload3r.com/serve/210609/1245618716.bmp

It's weird. I guess this old ATI can't take it or something..
    AS395558

http://www.upload3r.com/serve/210609/1245618716.bmp

It's weird. I guess this old ATI can't take it or something..
    what is the exact name of the card... are you sure your drivers are up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    what is the exact name of the card... are you sure your drivers are up to date?
    No idea, its some Abit piece of junk.
    AS395558

Usually the pink textures are an anti-aliasing bug. If you've got it on, turn it off, and see if that fixes it.
    [GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    There is no millibit. There is no gram-bit. There is no Kelvin-Byte.

No idea, its some Abit piece of junk.
    That's definitely not what the game is supposed to look like.

I dont really like AA3, I will play something else, such as Call of Duty 4

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW View Post
    I dont really like AA3, I will play something else, such as Call of Duty 4
    Call of Duty 4 is too unrealistic for me, but it's okay sometimes.

Call of Duty 4 is too unrealistic for me, but it's okay sometimes.
    Well, I know cod is unrealistic, but I will be honest it doesn't make it any less fun. I absolutely hated CoD5. (Thank god I played the beta first, otherwise I would have bought the game.) I was really hoping AA3 would be that next FPS for me to really enjoy playing, but after having the game open for an hour and not even being able to play one game, I said no.

I can appreciate the amount of Dev work that went into this, and I wouldnt doubt for a second that there was no transparency in this project, and that the devs got nothing more than a handful of put-downs from ignorant folk, etc..etc. I havent DL'd it yet, and I probably never will. Though it has nothing to do with the development or bugs.

CS : S pwn
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

I picked up Frontlines: Fuel of War the other week. It was 1/2 price at the local EB games, so I thought what the heck. It came in this medal ammo case, and that was pretty cool. I have to say, I am impressed. Lots of fun toys to play with in the game. It's a fun game, and I'm playing single player offline mode in the hardest level too. Great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Machen - Limestone View Post
    I can appreciate the amount of Dev work that went into this, and I wouldnt doubt for a second that there was no transparency in this project, and that the devs got nothing more than a handful of put-downs from ignorant folk, etc..etc. I havent DL'd it yet, and I probably never will. Though it has nothing to do with the development or bugs.

CS is probably the oldest most overused FPS ever. I played since 1.3 I stopped playing that game though ...everybody at least now is good at it.

If you ever play DOD : S thats fun too...however I am waiting for BATTLEFIELD 1943!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machen - Limestone View Post

The gameplay is amazing in AA3, when it's not bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    . . . however I am waiting for BATTLEFIELD 1943!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

Coral Sea. Loved that map in BF2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast