I need help with HTTPme

I have a question, I hope maybe somebody on the is forum could help me. I was wondering if what I am facing is standard practice in the hosting industry and if not what should I do.

Three months, I contacted HTTPme to cancel my account. I contacted them through the ticket system and I was told that the account would be closed. The next month came and I was billed again, so I asked again if the account could be closed and those funds refunded. This has happened for three months straight and since we are halfway through this month, I assume they will rebill me again in July. I always get a nice reply to my request for a refund and cancellation. I am always promised that it will happen, I even had Stephen who I think owns the company write to me 3 times with promises. But the cancellation is never done, and I keep get rebilled. Does it usually take a hosting company several months to stop billing of a client. It seems like the ticket system is gives me promises. I hate to sound like a problem customer, but I am not sure of what to do next. Does anyone out there have any advice?
      0 Not allowed!

That's definitely not standard practice and I really don't see why they're not canceling your account. How are you being billed (PayPal, CC, etc.)?
      0 Not allowed!

Although annoying, I am sure it is a simple oversight. Steven is a pretty straight up guy and I am sure when he sees this thread it will get straightened out for you.

- Chris
      0 Not allowed!

I am billed with a credit card
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, Stephen seems like a nice guy. That is one reason why I did not get to worried. But after three months and soon to be fourth month of billing with constant contact and tickets, it makes someone get slightly worried.
      0 Not allowed!

I just got back a nice email from Steven apologizing. He says a refund has been done for 3 months and I should gift in the mail. That should be exciting. I will let you guys know how it goes.
      0 Not allowed!

hope it will turned out well for you. But it seems that in the US, auto-renewals through credit cards is done. Is that a usual practice in most US Web Hosting Companies?
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!
      0 Not allowed!

Was completely my fault and I apologized to Ken. The ticket got flagged for me, and I usually get those asap, but this one accidentally slipped through the cracks, as we have been building a new site, new facility, etc... Either way, Ken got refunded and an additional present

-Steven
      0 Not allowed!

Go to your bank, stop payments to the Exact company and ring the company up and ask for the director or sales team for a refund immidetly.

Thanks what i would do.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 2009isGood View Post
    I just got back a nice email from Steven apologizing. He says a refund has been done for 3 months and I should gift in the mail. That should be exciting. I will let you guys know how it goes.
    Let us know what the gift was when it arrives
      0 Not allowed!

they aren't canceling your account. contact with them
      0 Not allowed!

As the issue was apparently handled, and some people seem to keep on posting without reading the whole thread, I'll put this to rest.

2009isGood, feel free to use the report button if you want this reopened.
      0 Not allowed!