Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568

    * Receiving threatening live chats from owner of DevoteHost :/

    Hello all,
    Today at 4:40pm two visitors (both in the UK based on IP addresses) contacted me and one of my other staff members via live chat. I'll go ahead and post the logs. I've omitted the swearing and my staff member's name.

    My Staff Member: Welcome to Devoted Hosting how Can I help you?
    Dave Taylor: hi why have u copied the name of my host www.devotehost.com
    Dave Taylor: (it is not owned by me it is the one i am hosted with)
    My Staff Member: Hello Dave
    My Staff Member: This is not a copied name mate. I will see if the owner/manager is online
    Dave Taylor: alright
    My Staff Member: Thanks Dave for your inquiry putting you through now!
    Tristan Perry: Hello, how can I help you today?
    Dave Taylor: hi why have u copied the name of my host www.devotehost.com
    Dave Taylor: (it is not owned by me it is the one i am hosted with)
    Tristan Perry: DevoteHost and Devoted Hosting are completely different; it's not a copy at all. Did someone working at DevoteHost say it is copied? If so, whom?
    Dave Taylor: no i am just wanting to kno y u copied
    Tristan Perry: It isn't copied.
    Dave Taylor: ye alright
    Dave Taylor: whtevr dis is so **** **** u
    Tristan Perry: Have a nice day now :-)
    My Staff Member: Welcome to Devoted Hosting How may I help today?
    Harry James: Hi, why have you virtually copied the name of another hosting company www.devotehost.com?
    My Staff Member: Ok I wonder why I have to people added me
    My Staff Member: To talk about the name
    My Staff Member: They are to diferrent companies
    My Staff Member: and two diferrent names
    Harry James: Your English grammar is terrible.
    Harry James: It is 'two' not 'to'
    Harry James: This support is terrible - I want to speak to a manager.
    My Staff Member: Ok Harry thanks for chatting with us I'm blocking you and canceling this chat thanks for wasting our time mate Bye
    Make of the above what you will - both visitors came at around the same time and both started chats at around the same time.

    From tracing the IP address(es), it does appear to be the owner of DevoteHost.com

    Just thought I'd flag this up; there should be no room for kiddy hosts like this in today's hosting community

    Thanks a lot,
    Tristan Perry
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    74
    you happen to give thought before you blamed this other host? what if its just some kiddy like you describe but just not affiliated with that host? your slandering them with really no justification. i'd suggest pulling this post.
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    you happen to give thought before you blamed this other host? what if its just some kiddy like you describe but just not affiliated with that host? your slandering them with really no justification. i'd suggest pulling this post.
    An IP address trace does suggest it was them.

    If I'm wrong I'll apologise, although I'm quite sure it was them.

    The chances of having 2 chats from different people both in the UK, both acting like immature children and saying "my host DevoteHost" is quite unlikely, too.

    So yes, I did give thought before making this post - and I made this post predicated on evidence that it is them. It'd be against privacy laws to give all the evidence, although it almost definitely was the owner/someone working for them; it'd be too unlikely that it wasn't them, for various reasons.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by DH - Tristan Perry View Post
    An IP address trace does suggest it was them.

    If I'm wrong I'll apologise, although I'm quite sure it was them.

    The chances of having 2 chats from different people both in the UK, both acting like immature children and saying "my host DevoteHost" is quite unlikely, too.
    you say "suggest" therefore placing doubt in your own words. im just stating the obvious, that it doesnt mean much. just your assumption. but whatever floats your boat.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    you say "suggest" therefore placing doubt in your own words. im just stating the obvious, that it doesnt mean much. just your assumption. but whatever floats your boat.
    It's impossible to be 100% sure unless I know the owner personally and watched him type the messages. But I'm 99.99% (etc) sure it was him, for various reasons.

    I don't go around making outrageous unfounded claims But I also believe that you should speak out when something like this happens, and I have evidence to back up my claims.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Either way if it is the host, this is obviously very unprofessional on the owner/employee's part of "DevoteHost", as well this is very immature whether it was the actual host or not, and I think personally that it sucks anyone has to deal with this type of behavior.

    I would be interested to see what the owner of DevoteHost has to say here on WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW View Post
    I would be interested to see what the owner of DevoteHost has to say here on WHT.
    Me too

    I'm also 100% happy to give a WHT staff member temporary access to my Kayako live chat logs so that they can verify what I'm saying is true.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    74
    I took the liberty to notify them of this post. fairs fair.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    While this may be unprofessional of him to contact you through chat like that -
    I think the same goes by you posting the chat here. To be honest I dont see a whole lot in your chat post that warrants attacking someone like that.

    You need to deal with that matter directly with him and not in an open forum.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    I took the liberty to notify them of this post. fairs fair.
    Of course I'm happy to speak to them directly about this, and again I'm happy to give the WHT staff access so they can verify these claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by RescueHst View Post
    While this may be unprofessional of him to contact you through chat like that -
    I think the same goes by you posting the chat here. To be honest I dont see a whole lot in your chat post that warrants attacking someone like that.

    You need to deal with that matter directly with him and not in an open forum.
    I respectfully disagree. This is a hosting forum, and I'm sharing my experience with the owner of DevoteHost.

    I'm not going to hide - I was attacked unfairly and I'm allowed to say that. I only hope this goes no further - I'm legally entitled to use the name Devoted Hosting and I hope the owner of DevoteHost realises this, even if he publically denies it was him.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by DH - Tristan Perry View Post
    Of course I'm happy to speak to them directly about this, and again I'm happy to give the WHT staff access so they can verify these claims.


    I respectfully disagree. This is a hosting forum, and I'm sharing my experience with the owner of DevoteHost.

    I'm not going to hide - I was attacked unfairly and I'm allowed to say that.
    again you confirm your judgement that it was the owner based on what could or could not be facts. i vote the mods pulls this post.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    again you confirm your judgement that it was the owner based on what could or could not be facts. i vote the mods pulls this post.
    Again, I'm not just guessing or posting predicated upon a minor hunch. I'll happily allow the WHT staff access to verify my claims

    I have nothing to hide and have done nothing wrong; I also welcome dialogue with DevoteHost, but I will not put up with such behaviour hence this post.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DH - Tristan Perry View Post
    Of course


    I was attacked unfairly
    Looking at what you posted - It doesnt appear that you were attacked, it looks like you were questioned by some one that was unhappy with something. That would be considered a customer service issue at that point and coming to forums to air your customer service issue makes you look bad.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    239
    Perhaps you could use the report feature to post the relevant evidence in form of IP addresses and such to the moderators, so that they can see whether it is a justified accusation or not? Just a thought.

    Personally I have to agree with IRCVPS on this one, and it could be that you are misunderstanding what he said. "my host DevoteHost" could merely be meant as "the company I am currently hosting with, DevoteHost".

    On a side note.. Have one of you ever thought about rebranding? I'd say having two brands that similar but not affiliated is unforunate for yourself, especially if the competitor is not as serious. For an example negative reviews on one of the parties could have an impact on the other's reputation. I know I would not want to be in that situation as a host anyway, and would have tried to choose a more unique brand - even though it can be difficult finding good ones today.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by RescueHst View Post
    Looking at what you posted - It doesnt appear that you were attacked, it looks like you were questioned by some one that was unhappy with something. That would be considered a customer service issue at that point and coming to forums to air your customer service issue makes you look bad.
    How does "whtevr dis is so **** **** u" (swearing omitted) not count as being attacked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoel View Post
    Perhaps you could use the report feature to post the relevant evidence in form of IP addresses and such to the moderators, so that they can see whether it is a justified accusation or not? Just a thought.

    Personally I have to agree with IRCVPS on this one, and it could be that you are misunderstanding what he said. "my host DevoteHost" could merely be meant as "the company I am currently hosting with, DevoteHost".

    On a side note.. Have one of you ever thought about rebranding? I'd say having two brands that similar but not affiliated is unforunate for yourself, especially if the competitor is not as serious. For an example negative reviews on one of the parties could have an impact on the other's reputation. I know I would not want to be in that situation as a host anyway, and would have tried to choose a more unique brand - even though it can be difficult finding good ones today.
    I'll see what the mods want me to provide I could technically just make up the IPs, so giving them access to see things themselves would be best IMO.

    Again, this isn't just a hunch - I'm certainly not posting solely because they said "my host DevoteHost" But I know what you mean on that point.

    Yes, I am considering re-branding - I'll see how things go before deciding on things though. I certainly wouldn't want to get caught up in their business, I quite agree. But on the same note I'm legally allowed to use this name and wouldn't wish to be.. forced out by a less than serious company.
    Last edited by Tristan Perry; 06-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    Well I would like to say that what has happened today Is completely Un-called for If the owner of Devote Host has a problem He should promptly use a more professional manner to contact Devoted Hosting.

    In saying that With the recent thread in-regards to Devote Host, It would seem appropriate that the community here at WHT hear the further drama's of this clearly un-professional host.

    We will see where this goes after the owner's post on this thread.
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In your server
    Posts
    2,679
    i would be having words with your staff member, if anyone working on behalf of my company spoke to a live chat like that they would be on thin ice. "Ok Harry thanks for chatting with us I'm blocking you and canceling this chat thanks for wasting our time mate Bye " that sentence is rude and not justified, he has done no checking to see what is going on, he has simply decided that he doesnt want to deal with it. There are 2 companies with similar names, you might want to try and resolve it without giving the other party reason to flame your business
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Devotehost.com host doesn't appear to use the most professional approach based on the content in this WHT thread.

      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by [IT&VoIP] Mark View Post
    i would be having words with your staff member, if anyone working on behalf of my company spoke to a live chat like that they would be on thin ice. "Ok Harry thanks for chatting with us I'm blocking you and canceling this chat thanks for wasting our time mate Bye " that sentence is rude and not justified, he has done no checking to see what is going on, he has simply decided that he doesnt want to deal with it. There are 2 companies with similar names, you might want to try and resolve it without giving the other party reason to flame your business
    Thanks for the input I don't fully agree though; it was clearly the same person and he had just told me to f**k off. I then banned that visitor and said I was banning the other visitor too, and that's when the staff member said goodbye to him. Obviously we do monitor things in-house though, and thanks again for the input.

    And they flamed me without me even contacting them (I hadn't even heard of DevoteHost before yesterday), but if I can sort something out with them that would be best
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    177
    The reason I like WHT is because you find out alot about a hosts actions that you wouldnt otherwise find out about.

    Id say swearing is abuse, and notice how "Harry James" tries too belittle your staff for making a minor error. I myself have mild dyslexia (I am not implying your staff member has), does this mean I shouldn't answer support tickets etc?
    Darren Tod
    RPD Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    660
    This is why I choose a web hosting name that was unique .

    I do not see how this will end well though, for stating this publicly on a forum.
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by vivithemage View Post
    This is why I choose a web hosting name that was unique .

    I do not see how this will end well though, for stating this publicly on a forum.
    In hind-sight that does seem like the best option. Will see how things play out though

    And thanks for the input. But as before I posted this up because such behaviour is not acceptable and I won't hide away when things like this happens. Dealing with things publically is better than being sworn at privately in my humble opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRetroBby View Post
    The reason I like WHT is because you find out alot about a hosts actions that you wouldnt otherwise find out about.

    Id say swearing is abuse, and notice how "Harry James" tries too belittle your staff for making a minor error. I myself have mild dyslexia (I am not implying your staff member has), does this mean I shouldn't answer support tickets etc?
    Thanks for the input, and I quite agree
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    I actually support Tristan(Devoted Hosting) in this matter. It was already proved that Devote host are run by kids , with reference to this WHT Thread : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=868647 .

    With my experience here on WHT, Tristan is professional and not a kid complainting. The matter on the other (Devote Host) thread is really annoying, their TOS especially.

    But its not 100% sure that this kids who contacted live support was reps of Devote Host. But, i believe (due to many reasons) that these kids were either a friend of devote host owner or himself.

    To belittle a person for "to" for "two" is like... something really wierd. Its just a common mistake and people mature enough will understand it and wont go for insulting the support operator.
    SurmountHosting.com
    █ CPanel RvSkins Fantastico deLuxe PHP5 Zend Framework IonCube Ruby On Rails No Over-Selling!
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    660
    I am on Tristan's side here, but I would like for the other person to come and post their 2 cents on the matter before I went and called them out as child hosts...granted, from looking at that post regarding them, I hope people do not get the two of you mixed up Tristan, for them having a very similar name to your own.
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by SurmountHosting View Post
    To belittle a person for "to" for "two" is like... something really wierd. Its just a common mistake and people mature enough will understand it and wont go for insulting the support operator.
    A “to” for a “two” is nothing to worry about half the time when I’m in Live Chat I end up using “ur” “2” “u” instead of the full words. I spend more time editing the reply replacing them for the full words
    Last edited by MegaHostUK; 06-15-2009 at 01:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    660
    A HUGE pet peeve of mine is a company who uses numbers, or short hand when replying to emails/live chat. Like g8, ur , 2, etc...I absolutely hate it!
    madgenius.com - Corp.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Offering Windows, and Linux OS's
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    As a quick update (since DevoteHost aren't willing to talk to me privately and instead are contacting my staff), we just got contacted by someone who openly admits is a staff member there, and says we've stolen the domain off them. Make up your own minds. From a very similar IP address to earlier...

    My Staff Member: Welcome to Devoted Hosting How may I help you today?
    Ollie Scott: I have reason to believe that you have stolen our domain.
    My Staff Member: What domain would that be?
    Ollie Scott: our hosting site is devotehost.com
    Ollie Scott: as stated above
    My Staff Member: So how have we stolen your domain?
    Ollie Scott: by having the "devote" included
    Ollie Scott: so basicly you have added in a few letters
    Ollie Scott: from our domain name
    My Staff Member: Ok, So Is your website Trademarked?
    Ollie Scott: Please hold on a mintue
    My Staff Member: Sure Ollie
    Ollie Scott: no we are not.
    My Staff Member: So we have not stolen your name!
    My Staff Member: Is there anything else I can help you with Today Scott?
    Since they aren't trying to contact me (despite me saying that I'm happy to handle this privately), I'll put our official response here:



    DevoteHost is not trademarked, nor does it have any legal bearing on our right to trade under Devoted Hosting.

    The domain name devotedhosting.com is completely legal, and we have full rights to own it. We purchased and use the domain under fair use, and it is not used in bad faith.

    Having said that, it is the legal right of DevoteHost to pursue this using the correct legal channels if they wish.

    I wish to refer the owners of DevoteHost, who have contacted us as above, to ICANN's Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy and the WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization. If they wish, they are legally entitled to initiate a domain ownership dispute surrounding my ownership of DevotedHosting.com

    We have full rights to this name, but are happy to deal with things through the correct channels if DevoteHost wish to pursue this avenue.

    I again ask that DevoteHost respond to me - they are welcome to e-mail me and have been given the chance to. However if they feel that we have stolen their domain, they are welcome to communicate with us via a UDRP case.

    I again re-iterate that I hadn't even heard of DevoteHost until yesterday afternoon, and had never spoken to them until earlier today when their staff/owners contacted us via live chat. I again ask that DevoteHost e-mail me, as I've asked them to do numerous times.

    Thank you,

    Tristan Perry

    Devoted Hosting Manager
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    239
    The registration of the domain might be legit in itself, but if you were aware of DevoteHost at the time of registering it - I would say it could fall into the category of 'stealing' their brand idea, taking into use one which is very easily confused with the other.

    You have stated that you were unaware of DevoteHost up until yesterday, and I am not one to question that, but I can certainly see why someone in DevoteHost's position could get frustrated.

    I am not going to comment on these chat logs as they are still unconfirmed, but judging by the thread linked by CrazyPenguin - it seems quite obvious that DevoteHost is not exactly the most professional player in the web hosting business. The similarity between the two domains can unforunately lead to this kind of negative publicity reflecting badly on you as well. I.e. people not having noted the minor difference. Perhaps the easy solution to all of your problems here would be to simply let DevoteHost have their name (and bad reviews) to themselves, and rebrand your own company to something a little more unique? You haven't been trading under it for a very long time, so now would be a good time. Just a thought.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    i vote the mods pulls this post.
    Have you 100% proof that it should be 'pulled' ?
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    i would just direct them to your legal dept. (if you have one).
    but since their name is not trademarked, i would worry about and just block their ip block.
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    I took the liberty to notify them of this post. fairs fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCVPS dot com View Post
    again you confirm your judgement that it was the owner based on what could or could not be facts. i vote the mods pulls this post.
    are you 100% sure?
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,905
    DevoteHost and DevotedHosting.com are reasonably close where if someone holds an earlier registration or trademark, could potentially sue. Since this is such a private legal matter, it shouldn't be on WHT. But I guess since neither party wishes to resolve this legally, it's a PR match to see who wins

    I would support whoever registered the words devote(d) host(ing) first. The guy who registered the domain after wards didn't carry out adequate vetting for his or her future company name or brand. Heated conversations between owners are immature, but posting them online is immature too.

    My 2 cents.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

    JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    devotegroup appreciate and totally understood regarding this afternoon's/evening's events. However, we stress that such events had no relation to devotegroup and anyone in affiliation to devote found to be committing such activity would be sincerely dealt with as seen fit.

    devote have no intentions to cause any 'rivalry' between companies and would not intend on causing any inappropriate or 'flaming' behaviour towards others.

    On behalf of devote, I would like to apologize and stress that these events were not in relation to devotehost, those claiming or disclosing such rumours have false, or inaccurate sources.
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by [IT&VoIP] Mark View Post
    i would be having words with your staff member, if anyone working on behalf of my company spoke to a live chat like that they would be on thin ice. "Ok Harry thanks for chatting with us I'm blocking you and canceling this chat thanks for wasting our time mate Bye " that sentence is rude and not justified, he has done no checking to see what is going on, he has simply decided that he doesnt want to deal with it. There are 2 companies with similar names, you might want to try and resolve it without giving the other party reason to flame your business
    you are right [IT&VOIP] Mark.
    Woof Hosting - Shared Hosting
    Friendly Staff | 256-Bit SSL Encryption!
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chester, UK
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by devotehost-J View Post
    devotegroup appreciate and totally understood regarding this afternoon's/evening's events. However, we stress that such events had no relation to devotegroup and anyone in affiliation to devote found to be committing such activity would be sincerely dealt with as seen fit.

    devote have no intentions to cause any 'rivalry' between companies and would not intend on causing any inappropriate or 'flaming' behaviour towards others.

    On behalf of devote, I would like to apologize and stress that these events were not in relation to devotehost, those claiming or disclosing such rumours have false, or inaccurate sources.
    ... the owner, Oliver Scott, was one of the people who was doing these chats. So it seems that the owner condones it, supports the chats, is infact with Devotegroup (as he's the owner.

    Seems fishy :/.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCD View Post
    ... the owner, Oliver Scott, was one of the people who was doing these chats. So it seems that the owner condones it, supports the chats, is infact with Devotegroup (as he's the owner.

    Seems fishy :/.
    Not only is that fishy, but the Mouse is on to devotehost-j in another thread...

    You can check it here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=868359

    The hole is getting a bit deeper.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    To be honest they do not have much experience and look like a kiddy host.

    You are in the right as your domain does not really refer to them but if you had devotehosts then that would be a different matter.

    Hope this gets stored out!

    Yours,
    Eye-Hosts
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCD View Post
    ... the owner, Oliver Scott, was one of the people who was doing these chats.
    Unless I've missed something, I don't think there's been any verification of that apart from the OP's suspicion.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Was meant to quote, but doesn't seem I'm allowed to until I make a few more posts. Anyways, here you go:

    @ItsRetroBby The only action you might have found out, is the fact that devotedhosting have accused us for something we have not done.

    @DH-Tristan Perry I'm afraid, however you are making serious accusations against the business unfairly. As I've already stated, devotehost had nothing to do with these events.

    @SurmountHosting As the devotecare Manager, I can ensure you that no devotecare Representative used devotedhosting's Live Support during the afternoon/evening of today.

    If we had any issue with devotedhosting, we would contact them ourselves via mail, as per usual at devotegroup.

    Yesterdays issues were a one off and have been resolved by both party's.

    @DH-Tristan Perry Sureley that's someone from this Forum (or ClubHabbo - I know there is a thread regarding this there) that is taking the piss.

    As I've said, if it's our wish to contact you regarding your website Domain, we will do so via mail.

    @Yash-JH devotehost.com registered their domain before devotedhosting.com, however, as I've said before, if we wish to take any actions, we will contact devotedhosting.com ourselves via mail (sending a letter to their address, on behalf of devotegroup).
    Last edited by devotehost-J; 06-15-2009 at 03:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chester, UK
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoel View Post
    Unless I've missed something, I don't think there's been any verification of that apart from the OP's suspicion.
    My Staff Member: Welcome to Devoted Hosting How may I help you today?
    Ollie Scott: I have reason to believe that you have stolen our domain.
    My Staff Member: What domain would that be?
    Ollie Scott: our hosting site is devotehost.com
    Ollie Scott: as stated above
    My Staff Member: So how have we stolen your domain?
    Ollie Scott: by having the "devote" included
    Ollie Scott: so basicly you have added in a few letters
    Ollie Scott: from our domain name
    My Staff Member: Ok, So Is your website Trademarked?
    Ollie Scott: Please hold on a mintue
    My Staff Member: Sure Ollie
    Ollie Scott: no we are not.
    My Staff Member: So we have not stolen your name!
    My Staff Member: Is there anything else I can help you with Today Scott?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...0&postcount=27

    Oliver Scott
    Owner and Founder
    Oliver is the founder of devote, and the reason why it is here today. He founded the company in 2009, and helps run the company on a day-to-day business.
    http://devotehost.com/about/

    Domain name: devotehost.com

    Registrant Contact:
    DevoteHost
    Oliver Scott ()

    Fax:
    27 Harrington Crescent
    Essex, UK RM16 5UY
    GB
    http://whois.domaintools.com/devotehost.com

    Edit:

    Oops @ Shoel, just seen what you meant. Ignore my post.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •