FSCK Staff Not Working Tonight?

Anyone else having a problem with getting a hold of FSCK support? Our node suddenly had its usage shoot through the roof causing all of our websites to not load and we submitted a ticket regarding this and the only reply we got was asking what our IP address was which we had already submitted in the original ticket. Been 3+ hours now that we've been down and an hour and a half since anyone has replied.

Very unprofessional and very annoying....

Thanks.
    Last edited by slable; 06-15-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Typo

Support seems to be a bit on the slow side lately (my ticket took 2 days to get a reply...long after the mess with HyperVM was cleared up). Guess the company/companies now in charge of VAServ don't have the same level of support as Rus & company did.

Its probably weekend most company has less staff since there's less tickets / support require. Wait a few hours their staff may resume operations once normal business hours occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron D View Post
    Support seems to be a bit on the slow side lately (my ticket took 2 days to get a reply...long after the mess with HyperVM was cleared up). Guess the company/companies now in charge of VAServ don't have the same level of support as Rus & company did.
    I think also that a few of their regular support people may have taken a few days off after spending almost all day everyday for a week fixing things.

Not weekend anymore. It has been 9+ hours now.

Well they just replied with this:

-----------
    Hi,

Your VPS was disabled due to roughly 90 exim processes eating all available resources on the server sending the host node load average to around 650.00.
    -----------

Now what? Sounds like they're not going to turn us back on. A simple restart should have fixed whatever went out of control, but not, they had to disable the whole node.

I am sorry to gripe here, I am just extremely upset as you can problem tell.

I believe its time to move on

Well they just replied with this:

-----------
    Hi,

Your VPS was disabled due to roughly 90 exim processes eating all available resources on the server sending the host node load average to around 650.00.
    -----------
    How could one VPS send the load average of the host that high?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    That is EXACTLY what one of my employees was saying to me.

Someone who has not thought through thier limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    I've seen disk IO causing the load on VPS nodes to really put things out of whack.

If support is actually taking 2 days to responds to tickets, time to move on guys

Even a small ddos attack on one node is enough to bring an entire physical machine down.

Exim spool takes alot of disk IO and can cause it to bring down a whole node. In order to avoid this the machine needs a high performance disks otherwise it can definitely bring down an entire server.

Crazy. I've been waiting since Wednesday for billing to resolve some issues. Limited to no communication from them.

Horrible what happened to them and even more horrible that the decisions they have made is resulting is customers leaving

Does anyone know how i can get a hold of this amazing "Rus" guy directly?

I don't want to drudge up the drama of the last fsckvps thread, but is anyone else STILL having problems getting their node re provisioned? The last thread was closed with a mod saying "this outage is wrapped up, for the time being.", but that hardly seems to be the case. The first post in the last thread was 6-07. Its now 6-15, over a week since the incident and their still giving me excuses about why my cheapvps node still hasn't been re provisioned correctly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbitFL View Post
    I don't want to drudge up the drama of the last fsckvps thread, but is anyone else STILL having problems getting their node re provisioned? The last thread was closed with a mod saying "this outage is wrapped up, for the time being.", but that hardly seems to be the case. The first post in the last thread was 6-07. Its now 6-15, over a week since the incident and their still giving me excuses about why my cheapvps node still hasn't been re provisioned correctly yet.
    I wasn't kidding... it's time to move on

I'm not saying this to advertise our hosting either. I'm simply stating that I would not wait a week for ANY provider to get me back up and running. Hopefully you have backups of your data. Take it over to a new provider and get your websites back up. They have been down long enough.

We're still having problems with a cheapvps vps that we used as a backup backup DNS server, and although it was a backup in case of our backup failing, the point being, its still unresolved

My boss and I signed up with a2b2 a couple months ago. We chose cpanel and semi-mangement. But today my boss says to me that the server has been setup and so i go to cpanel to try and create the account for our domain so i can get started. But it wouldn't work. it turns out I had to install cpanel myself. I just wanted the server to be setup exactly as if i had just bought it but i guess I was asking too much.

Either way, i'm incredibly annoyed. This whole thing is causing me a lot of grief and I really had enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mag9 View Post
    My boss and I signed up with a2b2 a couple months ago. We chose cpanel and semi-mangement. But today my boss says to me that the server has been setup and so i go to cpanel to try and create the account for our domain so i can get started. But it wouldn't work. it turns out I had to install cpanel myself. I just wanted the server to be setup exactly as if i had just bought it but i guess I was asking too much.

Either way, i'm incredibly annoyed. This whole thing is causing me a lot of grief and I really had enough of it.
    FsckVPS is unmanaged VPS hosting. Therefore, they give you a virtual private server and YOU manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by order View Post
    FsckVPS is unmanaged VPS hosting. Therefore, they give you a virtual private server and YOU manage it.
    Are you blind or dumb? let me go back to my post that you quoted to get a specific sentence from it. I'll be right back ok? Just wait one second!!

Ok i got it!! I'll paste it a few times just incase you have trouble reading it after 10 attempts..

My boss and I signed up with a2b2 a couple months ago. We chose cpanel and semi-mangement.
    My boss and I signed up with a2b2 a couple months ago. We chose cpanel and semi-mangement.

Got it now?

Quote Originally Posted by mag9 View Post
    Are you blind or dumb? let me go back to my post that you quoted to get a specific sentence from it. I'll be right back ok? Just wait one second!!

Ok i got it!! I'll paste it a few times just incase you have trouble reading it after 10 attempts..

Got it now?
    I got it: YOU are the blind and dumb one, pal. This thread is about FsckVPS, not about your petty nonsense.

I'm still waiting for the two VPS's I had with FSCK to get reprovisioned...their "it will be ready in 24-48 hours" was sometime last week. Wonder if time goes slower for them...

Quote Originally Posted by order View Post
    I got it: YOU are the blind and dumb one, pal. This thread is about FsckVPS, not about your petty nonsense.
    fsckvps,cheapvps,a2b2,vaserv.. it's all the same thing.. all those servers got affected. but the person who started the thread decided to use fsckvps in the title probably because his server is on that brand or that's the mother brand, who the hell knows. So, the name don't matter. since we all had to contact vaserv anyway, no?

I'm still waiting for the two VPS's I had with FSCK to get reprovisioned...their "it will be ready in 24-48 hours" was sometime last week. Wonder if time goes slower for them...
    Is your ticket in the reprovisions dept. of the support desk?

I was told 24 hours like 3 days ago. Now its "we are having trouble getting US hardware". Not to mention they lost my data twice. Once in the attack, another one afterwords all by themselves because they couldn't find a record of my VPS or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by kwdservices View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with getting a hold of FSCK support?
    At 6/12, I've got the The memory problem when using SSH login to the new VPS, the server will return the error message: "Cannot allocate memory" or connection refused. I submit support ticket to them and they always reply to me said "This should be fixed now". Today is 6/16, the problem still there. The new VPS still can't unreachable. I can't do anything at their NEW VPS, and my sites has down for over one week already.

Finally got a reply from them--they're apparently out of hardware in the US! Forget it, not worth the $40/month or the 2 free months. Best of luck to whoever now owns FSCKvps.

Simply amazing.

Sorry to hear your trouble and hope you figure it out.

I was just going to use up my 2 free months then move elsewhere as I haven't had a good experience with cheapvps/fsck/whatever at all, but now forget it. Put in for a refund. Too much drama, too much downtime.

7 Days ago i got re-provisioned, after that :

1. They gave me 1GB disk space. Then I got it fixed in 1 day.
    2. The OS they installed was not the default one, they installed hostinabox.
    3. I had problems with cPanel after that.
    4. Got OS reinstalled, now cPanel installation won't even start!
    5. Submitted a ticket, OS was reinstalled.
    6. Now SSH doesn't work!

Wow, all of this and my VPS has not been fixed since 7 days! I guess it's really time to move on...

EDIT: Oh, and they're taking 1+ days to reply to my tickets.

6+ Days on billing tickets - although vlad sent out a global ticket response saying they are starting to work on billing issues on vaserv.

On fsckvps - no updates - i'm sure billing won't be in till next week.

1 week of asking for a refund is ridiculous IMO. If they can't find the time to help me in a week I can't find the time to wait for them any longer.

Well we already moved. I didn't want to post anything while we were in the process so they wouldn't shut us down early. I'm not sure why people said this whole situation was handled well, because I think it was handed very poorly.

We're not leaving because of the hack, that can happen to anyone. We're leaving because of the way they handled the situation. Even after the issue was supposedly fully resolved, waiting 9 hours for a reboot is insane....

Also meant to say, we'd file a PayPal claim, but PayPal will only refund you if the seller does not contact PayPal after a claim has been opened for services.

That helped us out with Alphared a while back. We had just renewed when the problems started. We opened a PayPal claim, they never responded, and we ended up getting $5,000+ back even though we had gone about 10 days into the month. That really boost my confidence in PayPal

Latest news is that, in the UK at least, they are unable to create any new/replacement VPS.

They've run out of IP addresses and don'tknow when they're getting any more!

They've run out of IP addresses and don'tknow when they're getting any more
    I hope that's not the case in their LA data centre - I've had a support ticket for my secondary IP sitting for two days in the FSCKVPS support desk.

Can anyone explain the technical details as to why they can not use their old IPs before they were hacked?

I got this email today:
    You are receiving this email as your ticket is currently placed under our department for IP address assignation. We are working as hard as we can, and expect extra IP's to become available to you within next 24-48 hours.

No action is currently required on your part and you can expect our update once IP(s) are allocated for you. Thank you for the patience.
    So I guess they're getting new IPs soon.