Question Customer Relationship Management for resellers

Hi,

I was wondering, doe's anyone use CRM's such as vtiger and zohocrm? If so, how do you use these, and implement them into your reseller company.

For example, what parts of the CRM do you use, and do you use it for just marketing, just sales, or just support.

What product do you use?

Also forgive me if you cannot understand me, i'm not 100% with the idea, I haven't got my head around it yet.

We have SugarCRM installed, not that any of us can use it though.
    Rather complicated piece of software if I may add.

I would use crm, but not for hosting, more for clients that need to be kept in touch with right through the order stage, mainly for clients looking for VoIP and networks. Still havent managed to find a crm app that does all i want tho
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Interesting question. I have tried to use Quickbooks to manage clients info since I use it as a backup billing/accounting system but well of course it is a accounting system so its not the best for CRM

I have also tried sugarCRM but Wow it really is not geared for the hosting industry.

I am surprised that Clientexec, Plask billing or those big boys have not built a good CRM system into their panels. It woudl seem a logical module to have within their system.

Anyway I am interested to know what others use (as I am also playing with the idea of building my own but uggg the time it would take)

Jason
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    just a programmer

If you are going to start a web hosting, reseller or vps company you really don't need a CRM unless you are focused on dedicated servers/colocation and starting up as a datacenter. Something like WHMCS should work well for your environment where you can manage your customers (billing, support etc) and keep their information on file.

Ok then, well I use clientexec, do you think that is a good and feature full billing/crm software tool.

I prefer WHMCS over clientexec any day. It's not a true CRM, but it gets the job done for our needs.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

I would second WHMCS over clientexec or any other billing software out there currently. Ease of use and clean style interface = gets the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by JSlominski View Post
    I would second WHMCS over clientexec or any other billing software out there currently. Ease of use and clean style interface = gets the job done!
    nah, AWBS is where its at, it just simply works

Boy everyone always knocks Clientexec it's a good system that gets the job done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    just a programmer

Quote Originally Posted by sessionmedia View Post
    Boy everyone always knocks Clientexec it's a good system that gets the job done.
    used CE in the past, was good but i just found it too basic, and i didnt really like the way you setup packages etc etc

I just found CE to be lacking features that I use regularly.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

I just came to know about Blesta a few minutes ago, new billing system with US supported staff. Somewhat similar to WHMCS with less features, although I'm sure they will catch up soon enough. Check out blesta.com if interested.