hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : shared ssl

Forum Jump

shared ssl

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 PM

shared ssl

I am trying to add some new features to my hosting business and have a couple of questions. I have cpanel/whm and clientexec. I would like to offer shared ssl to my customers but don't know how to set that up. Also, how do this hosting companies offer free ad credits to yahoo and google? Is that something you talk to yahoo and google about setting up or what?

any input or guidance you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Platinum quality

For shared ssl, all you need is a regular ssl from any ssl provider like instantssl.com.

Usually it would be registered to the hostname. Then it is installed on the server and any user can share it by going to https://yourhostname/~their-username/their-files.html

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce, and Authorized Cpanel Partner.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM

thanks, i have a ssl cert for clients.sitesbyadam.com but I guess I need one for my main domain that whm is installed on right?

any ideas on the yahoo and google thing?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Disabled

Yahoo/Google advertising vouchers are something only the big players in the hosting industry are able to provide. If your client base becomes large quickly, then it may be worth giving google/yahoo a quick email to see if they can help you.

You need to purchase the SSL certificate for the HOSTNAME. To figure out your hostname, just type "hostname" in SSH.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:25 PM

ok thanks for all your help.... its much appreciated.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Canadian Web Hosting Improves SSD Caching for Shared Hosting Servers Web Hosting News 2013-09-04 13:47:24
Name.com Partners with CloudLinux to Improve Shared Hosting Stability Web Hosting News 2013-08-07 09:58:32
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 24, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 16:50:42
Web Host MTL Servers Launches Shared Cloud Hosting, Cloud Servers Web Hosting News 2012-07-12 14:39:19
CloudLinux Adds Features to Define Resource Limits for Shared Hosting Plans Web Hosting News 2012-06-27 15:04:24