• iPhone 3GS 16GB Black

19 55.88%
  • Sidekick 2008

9 26.47%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone or not?

iPhone or not?

Hello Guys and Girls,

I'm currently debating whether I should buy an iPhone or not. I certainly do love the phone and what it can do.

It's going to cost me $416 for everything and $89.99 a month.

$200 Cancellation Fee T-Mobile
    $216 iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Total:$416.00

Monthly:
    $39.99 - 450 Minutes w/Roll Overs
    $30.00 - iPhone Data Plan
    $20.00 - Unlimited Text Messages

What I have now
    Sidekick 2008
    Monthly:
    $59.99

Should I do it? Keep in mind I run an online business.

I wouldn't pay that $200 cancellation fee to switch networks, a big put-off to me.

Look into getting a blackberry, their great phones for e-mail, texting, surfing, etc.

Edit:

Just seen that you say you have a sidekick, I'd stick with that.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

Quote Originally Posted by SamCD View Post
    I wouldn't pay that $200 cancellation fee to switch networks, a big put-off to me.

Look into getting a blackberry, their great phones for e-mail, texting, surfing, etc.
    T-Mobile are very bad, I mean they're service is horrible. I've heard their network was hacked and personal information was stolen.

Sidekick is boring and the internet is horrible.

Justin

I enjoyed my SideKick at the time, but it is simply a status symbol now.

T-Mobile customer service is horrible. I had 42 phone returns of T-Mobile wing before canceling (they ended up waiving the cancellation of contract fee simply because they didn't want me as a customer, and after 42 exchanges, I understand why lol). All I wanted was a working phone, and instead I got 42 slow/defective devices.

iPhone is the way to go. I'm paying the cancellation fee on my 1 year old Verizon contract to go pickup the iPhone 3Gs. ATT, well, I wish the iPhone was on the Verizon network, but its not. . Time to move on from this failure of a device, the BlackBerry Storm. It ended up being all hype and no delivery .

Quote Originally Posted by Justin LD View Post
    T-Mobile are very bad, I mean they're service is horrible. I've heard their network was hacked and personal information was stolen.
    Ah, fair enough.

It's not a bad network in the UK .
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

Personally, I don't like iPhones. I would rather have a Windows Mobile or Blackberry device any day.

T-Mobile are struggling in the UK also, they're looking to sell them off to another Network at the moment (Orange have already put a bid in even though they are crap!)

Quote Originally Posted by zekez View Post
    Personally, I don't like iPhones. I would rather have a Windows Mobile or Blackberry device any day.
    Comparing Windows mobile to iPhone is funny

Back when I had my wing(s) from T-Mobile, a hard reset was more then a daily occurrence. Not to mention losing all of my data on my phone such as the contact bucks, ect. Windows mobile was slow in comparison to a iPhone. The interface of a iPhone absolutely alliterates anything Windows. It just "works". I'm not a apple fan boy, but I'm just stating a point. I regret picking up a BlackBerry from Verizon but I thought I would be able to deal with the problems of the storm. I was wrong. I regret not picking up an iPhone to begin with, and now I have to pay an early termination fee to get one, but is worth it.

Thanks guys, I want to pick up the iPhone 3GS so badly.

AT@T is a very good network, I've seen it and boy it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by SamCD View Post
    Ah, fair enough.

It's not a bad network in the UK .
    T-Mobile are poor in my area.

Buy one, you'll never regret it.

Thumbs up GoodLuck

AT@T is a very good network, I've seen it and boy it's great.
    Wish you a goodluck with your purchase and let us know your experience.

You can't silence the IPhone cravings, you can feed with other phones to make it be quiet for a few months.

But in the end, you will end up buying an IPhone
    -- Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam H View Post
    You can't silence the IPhone cravings, you can feed with other phones to make it be quiet for a few months.

But in the end, you will end up buying an IPhone
    It's a sad but true statement. I wish the iPhone had more competition, so maybe they wouldn't get away with charging those extortion rates for the data plan... oh well...

It's worth it in the end

I'm hoping to my the 32gb version next month. Switching from Sprint. They just don't have any good phones that work well for what I need it for. I don't like Blackberry and hate physical keyboards. The Pre looks good the the keyboard is cramped. They should have also given an option of a soft keyboard or at least a landscape physical one. Not all of us have tiny kid hands! LOL
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

I had the iphone 3g, and had to sell it because I moved country and had upgraded the baseband so couldn't unlock it...

Having lived without one for about 5 months now, in all honesty I would say it is a waste of money. No doubt they're great and really useful - just you can get a pretty decent pc or something else really good for the cash.

Thanks guys, keep the inputs coming.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Comparing Windows mobile to iPhone is funny

Back when I had my wing(s) from T-Mobile, a hard reset was more then a daily occurrence. Not to mention losing all of my data on my phone such as the contact bucks, ect. Windows mobile was slow in comparison to a iPhone. The interface of a iPhone absolutely alliterates anything Windows. It just "works". I'm not a apple fan boy, but I'm just stating a point. I regret picking up a BlackBerry from Verizon but I thought I would be able to deal with the problems of the storm. I was wrong. I regret not picking up an iPhone to begin with, and now I have to pay an early termination fee to get one, but is worth it.
    Agreeded, Windows Mobile is sluggish and I am using the Samsung Omnia.

I was also surprised iPhone just introduced 'sharing internet with notebook' feature. I hate to have so many data plans, keep cost down, and hence my notebook share the internet of my phone.

Alas, AT&T is not offering that any time soon.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

It's a good phone, but I would prefer a BlackBerry over it for several reasons. Some of the features won't work right away since AT&T has to do some network upgrades.

I ordered my iPhone 3G S last week, should get it on or by this Friday. I'm replacing the iPhone I got on launch night 2 years ago. It's been well worth it and I'm looking forward to the new features - a big upgrade for me. I don't think you'd regret it.

Disclaimer: I own stock in Apple, the opinions expressed above may be biased though it's highly unlikely your purchase will have any measurable affect on stock prices.. so go buy one!

Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

Quote Originally Posted by Paul0r View Post
    I had the iphone 3g, and had to sell it because I moved country and had upgraded the baseband so couldn't unlock it...

Having lived without one for about 5 months now, in all honesty I would say it is a waste of money. No doubt they're great and really useful - just you can get a pretty decent pc or something else really good for the cash.
    I'm not aware of a PC you can purchase for 99$ (the price of a iPhone 3G, or a 199$ PC, the price of a iPhone 3Gs)

@GCM, You have a BlackBerry Storm, and you actually enjoy it. There has GOT to be something wrong with you man. Wake up and smell the iPhone. It's the fresh start of waking up, to having an iPhone in your face

My comments are all based on having used standard flip phones (LG Chocolate), txting phones (LG Keybo), Data phones (Blackberry) and I can honestly say the iPhone is light years head for what I <<< want it for.

Think about YOUR needs and then decide.

For me:

- Ipod + phone = win
    - Quick check email
    - Properly view webpages
    - AMAZING camera built in
    - Server checking at the touch of a finger
    - and the list goes on

I have yet to buy anything else over the past 5-10 years that has kept me saying "I'm glad I bought that". Most of the crap I buy (gadgets that is) seem like a waste of money to me after a few weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    I have yet to buy anything else over the past 5-10 years that has kept me saying "I'm glad I bought that". Most of the crap I buy (gadgets that is) seem like a waste of money to me after a few weeks/months.
    My sentiments exactly. Few other gadgets that I've bought have kept the "wow" factor for so long.

T-Mobile is fine in the USA (Friend gets great signal), but I have AT&T, and its great!
    I have the normal iPhone 3G 8GB, not the 3Gs. I get 3G signal almost everywhere I go, so I can work on the go, and read/surf WHT with its fast 3G internet connection. I would HIGHLY recommend the iPhone!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast