Name.Com Password Change Attempt

If anyone with name.com can answer this, I'd be grateful. First, let me make clear I did NOT visit name.com to change my password.

However, I received an email (auto responder type) from support today that said an attempt to change my password had been made.
    Someone has requested a password change for an account or domain name with this email address listed as the default registrant contact (account owner). The username for the account is:

username: *****

To change the password for this domain you must visit the following URL from the same IP address in which you made the request within 24 hours:

https://www.name.com/tools/change_pa...**&(Identifier numbers here)
    What's not really clear in this letter is if I have to visit this URL (with obviously a different IP since I made NO change) to deny it, or if I don't do anything the password stays or changes.

Can anyone shed light on which way I do this? I haven't changed a password here yet, so am not sure what going to the url allows (accept/deny option).
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. --Lazarus Long
      0 Not allowed!

I would not worry about it too much. The one thing I like about name.com is the system generated e-mails when either myself has not typed in my password correctly, or when someone else is trying to guess at it... or doing something else stupid.

Here is what I get when I type in my password incorrectly when logging in from time to time:

Dear Customer,

On May 30, 2009, 4:35 pm there was a failed login attempt from xx.xx.xx.xxx into the account xxxxx. This is just a notice and there is probably no cause for alarm. We will automatically block all IP addresses that have more than 10 failed log in attempts. If you are concerned, you may want to change the password to your account and/or contact [email protected].

Sincerely,
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

If you have concerns, contact name.com directly and ask them. They will be able to better answer your questions.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Support got back with me. I wasn't expecting them to be working on a Sunday. Question was answered by them (Thanks Name.Com!)

Mods, please close this thread. Thanks.
    Sue

0 Not allowed!

What was their response? of course, before they close the thread.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    What was their response? of course, before they close the thread.
    One doesn't have to do anything, since the email goes to the account owner (me) and not the person trying to change passwords.

Makes sense, if I would have thought it through the first time. Must have been before I had enough coffee.
    Sue

0 Not allowed!

Thread closed by request.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!