Question VPS to Reseller ? (Lxadmin)

hi
    my site is hosted on a VPS with LxAdmin Control panel
    any ways i realized that i dont need a VPS my site is just a forum ,
    so is it posible to transfer a VPS to a Reseller account ?
    and if yes do you guys know any 1 who can do it ?

( i prefer host in EU => netherlands , Germany , Denmark .. etc )

thanx

why to reseller? you want to resell?

not at all
    i just need more bandwitdh and space ( just in case )
    i dont think shared account is enough

hmm... I think you can try to contact your hosting provider to custom plan...
    or you can try the unmetered space or bandwidth shared hosting, but the cpu & RAM usage allowed is very small

Each resold account has a limit for cpu and ram usage, mysql user and http connection, sending email etc. on Reseller Hosting. If any account exceed it when it suspend by hosting provider. So I think moving to a dedicated server will be better for you.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

LxAdmin Control panel is nice and easy to use, you don't need to move to a reseller just make a good configuration for you're vps, and stay with forum control panel.

Its possible to transfer a site to reseller/shared account (cpanel). The location where your transferring too will need to do some editing to make everything work properly.

Which control panel were you using and which one do you want to switch to if you're wanting to move to a reseller account? Transferring is definitely possible.

hello
    i dont mind any control panel ( cpanel or directAdmin ... etc )
    there all just fine and can do the jop
    and for some poeple who said Lxadmin is good
    i know that i just dont want a VPS at all

so please if any of you guys can do it please let me know ASAP

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by omegaxx View Post
    not at all
    i just need more bandwitdh and space ( just in case )
    i dont think shared account is enough
    When it comes to running a forum, bandwidth and space are very rarely the issue. On low-cost shared and reseller accounts you'll generally exceed your allowed resources (CPU and memory) long before you hit space or transfer limits. Unfortunately you won't know where the limits are on CPU or memory until you exceed one of them...

If you don't need to resell, you don't need a reseller account. Go for a high-end shared account instead and expect to pay a reasonable amount for it (eg. see MediaLayer's prices).

Edit: To answer the original question, you'll need to do a manual transfer, ie. transfer the files, transfer the database, restore everything on the new machine, change paths as necessary in config files. Some hosts may be willing to help you with this - it's worth asking.
    Last edited by foobic; 06-14-2009 at 06:10 PM.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

i dont mind using any control panel
    if you an host me please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    When it comes to running a forum, bandwidth and space are very rarely the issue. On low-cost shared and reseller accounts you'll generally exceed your allowed resources (CPU and memory) long before you hit space or transfer limits. Unfortunately you won't know where the limits are on CPU or memory until you exceed one of them...

If you don't need to resell, you don't need a reseller account. Go for a high-end shared account instead and expect to pay a reasonable amount for it (eg. see MediaLayer's prices).

Edit: To answer the original question, you'll need to do a manual transfer, ie. transfer the files, transfer the database, restore everything on the new machine, change paths as necessary in config files. Some hosts may be willing to help you with this - it's worth asking.

i have seen medialayer.com they wnat 19$ for 1GB space and 20GB bandwidth .. thats kinda too low
    but thanx for your help

i have seen medialayer.com they wnat 19$ for 1GB space and 20GB bandwidth .. thats kinda too low
    but thanx for your help
    Medialayer is probably going to be out of your budget range. I'd recommend just going with a cPanel/DirectAdmin provider, given the problems facing LXAdmin right now, and move to a shared hosting since you stated that you will not be making use of "reselling" the service.

Medialayer is pretty expensive, no mater how you look at it.

Ok, so how much space and transfer do you really need, and what's your budget?

If you're expecting to push 100GB of forum traffic on a $5 account I wish you luck, because you will need it!
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Ok, so how much space and transfer do you really need, and what's your budget?

If you're expecting to push 100GB of forum traffic on a $5 account I wish you luck, because you will need it!
    naah lets say 5GB Space 50GB bandwidth for 20$
    and that have to be EU Bassed server