Thread: Opera 10 (beta)

Opera 10 (beta)

Anybody tried it?

Ive downloaded it, and even tho it is very pretty and a few new nice features, Im back too 9.64 for now.

One thing that is good about it is the Turbo feature, excellent when Im using my MobileBroadband. But it doesnt work with SSL, which means I have too keep turning it on and off.

People still use Opera, Lol.

I'd recommend going with Chrome/Safari, and then Firefox, in that order

Chrome if you can live with speed and no addon and fancy stuff.

Safari if you need a mix between speed/addons.

Firefox if you can put speed to the "back" a bit and care more about your extensions, customization, etc.

IE8....no chance, it's junk. In fact, with the alternatives to IE8, if someone comes in and says, "IE8 meets my needs perfectly", I'd enjoy meeting that person. Download chrome for 10 seconds, and you will not believe how much faster you will be able to surf in comparison to IE8. Anyone notice instead of making IE any better, Microsoft is making it more bloaty?

I hate IE, and refuse too ever use it, infact I only have V6 on my laptop, dont see point of updating lol.

I have chrome which I do use occasionaly, but I use Opera because it supports WML without any add-ons.

Wink

Chrome Is the way to Go.
    Google's toy Is really a leap ahead of todays browsers.
    I used to be a Firefox buff but now I really like the way Chrome functions mostly because of Its speed and delivery.

Webhosting-10.com
    Webhosting-10.com Is now a Google PR 6
    We're Looking for Advertisers on our site (Anyone Interested?)

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    I'm one of those people. I love the new beta.

It looks great and is extremely fast. The turbo function works great when i was capped (gotta love low Aussie bandwidth limits...).

No complaints with it at all.

I would like to try Chrome from Google, but i use MAC ;(

possible parells

I was running 10 Alpha for a while and last night upgraded to 10 Beta. Moved all my bookmarks, wand, notes and removed 9.64

The turbo booster is a nice idea except the images of people appear like they got skin allergy rashes

Yeah, they do. As a matter of fact, it's the most widely used browser on on cell phones and other wireless devices.

There is this one feature in Opera that no other browser has, which is forwarding.

For example, you are viewing file 1.htm, you can foward up to x.htm, the same is true for all file types.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I downloaded it a few days ago; mostly impressed.

Just not a fan of Chrome. Don't get me wrong, I use Google (I have a G1, actually) but I am simply reluctant to hand over everything to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    Yeah, they do. As a matter of fact, it's the most widely used browser on on cell phones and other wireless devices.
    Defo, Opera Mobile and Opera Mini dominate the mobile browser market. Most WAP users have Opera Mini on there mobile.

lol, I love people who comment on the "speed" of a browser. What is this? 1996? We have 2-3Ghz computers with almost 4GB RAM nowadays... browsers all open to the same on my machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    lol, I love people who comment on the "speed" of a browser. What is this? 1996? We have 2-3Ghz computers with almost 4GB RAM nowadays... browsers all open to the same on my machine...
    It depends on your work.

Sometimes I have over 10 taps. If I don't restart firefox after a while, it consumes over 300-400K of memory.

Also depends on other applications you use, sometimes I have video converters or DVD maker that takes over 80% of CPU running simultaneously.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    I have 8GB RAM in RAID 0 and I notice a significant difference in speed from FireFox/IE in comparison to all the other browsers. The gold star time on both of these is significant.

The you notice the real diffrence when your choosing a browser for your notebook.
    Darren Tod
    RPD Hosting

I prefer Safari, but I upgraded to Safari 4 and there's a conflict with something I installed on my computer and Safari won't load. I can't uninstall the other thing either as I can't find it (even with a search) as to where it is. It's no longer developed and I can't find anything recent on the net about it. Unfortunately, you can't uninstall Safari 4 like you could with the beta, so I'm stuck until I get my new Mac.

I do like Opera as my second choice, but I have found that some sites won't load in Opera. Softlayer is an example and that's frustrating. I don't know how to get these sites to load. I've tried changing who the browser identifies as, but it doesn't work. There are about a handful of sites that I go to that won't load and quite a few sites I find via searches that won't load.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

I upgraded Opera has always been fast since I have known the browser. I recommend the browser for slow dial-up connection.

I'd recommend going with Chrome/Safari, and then Firefox, in that order

Chrome if you can live with speed and no addon and fancy stuff.

Safari if you need a mix between speed/addons.

Firefox if you can put speed to the "back" a bit and care more about your extensions, customization, etc.

IE8....no chance, it's junk. In fact, with the alternatives to IE8, if someone comes in and says, "IE8 meets my needs perfectly", I'd enjoy meeting that person. Download chrome for 10 seconds, and you will not believe how much faster you will be able to surf in comparison to IE8. Anyone notice instead of making IE any better, Microsoft is making it more bloaty?
    Personally I feel that Safari sucks. It is so SLOW for me. Firefox is way faster compared to Safari for me. As for Opera, I don't like it, since its functions don't suit my liking. However, it is fast. IE8, I just use it for random purpose.

i use IE quite a lot, had many problems with firefox so stopped using it, when moved from my mac to windows i decided to ditch safari as well, and as for chrome, enough of my life relies on google, i dont want to have to use their browser as well
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by [IT&VoIP] Mark View Post
    i use IE quite a lot, had many problems with firefox so stopped using it, when moved from my mac to windows i decided to ditch safari as well, and as for chrome, enough of my life relies on google, i dont want to have to use their browser as well
    what issues have you had with firefox. i have had none besides a few updating issues.

honestly though for people that says ie is slow you can do some optimization that makes it run the same speed and even faster as other browsers
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    honestly though for people that says ie is slow you can do some optimization that makes it run the same speed and even faster as other browsers
    Well, I think the point is that you really shouldnt have to. I like FF as far as the nifty addons... but it has always (across 5 computers) been the slowest browser of them all, except for maybe IE8 which likes to lockup while it's thinking, pos.

Opera seems to always be fastest, even though I use Chrome a bit more than it.

Quite a lot of FanBoys on here....

I personally like all the above

IE*
    Chrome
    Opera*
    FireFox*

I have all of them on each of my computers and laptops/notebook. All have their upsides and downsides.

Although BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND... I haven't downloaded Opera 10 yet. I'll do that now
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

I've also replaced 9.6x with the beta version. I'm not sure about the "Unite" feature of it but it looks interesting. Self-hosted services such as web/file/music/shout-outs. Interesting if that takes off.

http://unite.opera.com/

Firefox runs faster than Chrome for me, so no need to cripple functionality and hand over my personal data on a platter. Firefox 3.5 which is in Beta now will be out shortly, which is faster than the current 3.1

Opera 10, love it but i just wish i could add all the functionality from Firefox so i could switch to it. Opera make the best phone/pda browsers bar none though.