How can I accept credit cards for payment?

Right now i only allow payments through Paypal.
    I need other ways to accept payments such as credit cards.

How can I do this?

Check a Merchant account from service like 2checkout.com

2co doesnt allow virtual game items.. and it cost a 1 time fee of $49.

Paypal can also accept credit card.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Well, 2checkout is not offering Merchant Accounts but is a 3rd party biller and as mentioned will not allow virtual games.

Your should look into chronopay.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Paypal can also accept credit card.
    He is already using PayPal. I'm not sure if this is allowed, but try MoneyBookers.

Search for a Merchant Account

You will have to do a search for a Merchant Account. We filled out a form (I don't remember the name of the place) But they sent our email inquiry to several merchant account companies. Within 24 hours we had about 6 diferent ones respond. After that we investigated each one before we responded.
    Our decision was to go with BankCardUsa. They can help you with creating a package that will suite particular business needs.
    "To see is to see a better way, to perceive any problem clearly is to begin to create its solution. All we need is the wisdom and patience to keep looking and the love to hold what we see up to the light of understanding." ---Laurence Boldt
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

Paypal has a virtual credit card terminal, where you basically get a credit card terminal online. It costs about I think $20 a month or something. It basically lets you type in their address, credit card info and everything. Works well.
    Reliable Hosting Services, LLC
    Affordable Co-Location, Dedicated Servers and VPS Solutions
    http://www.reliablehostingservices.net
    (888) 693-8309

Quote Originally Posted by RHServices View Post
    Paypal has a virtual credit card terminal, where you basically get a credit card terminal online. It costs about I think $20 a month or something. It basically lets you type in their address, credit card info and everything. Works well.
    The new rate is $30/mo. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...t-fees-outside If you are going to get that, I would just recommend getting PayPal Website Payments Pro since it includes this in the package free of charge.

You can also consider Authorize payment processor as a good alternative.

There are many good credit card payment processors - 2checkout, Link Point, Authorize, etc.

From our experience, yes, Authorize.Net is one of the most popular payment gateways in USA (I believe they have rather low transaction fees). 2CO and PayPal are also popular.

Can you do a simple 'buy now' button (e.g. for an ebook) with 2CO, just like you can with Paypal? I'm pretty happy with Paypal, but want an alternative method.

That is what written on 2CO website:

"... At its easiest you simply enter your products or services into our product database and add the buttons or links that are automatically created for you to your site. When buyers click on the links to pay, 2CO handles the sale in a secure environment, contracts with you as the supplier to fulfill the sale, and deposits payment for the sale into your account.
    Itís just that easy!"

So you could contact 2CO directly to find out more information about the account creation with them.

Also you can find list of other world-wide popular gateways here.

You must open a merchant account at your bank to accept cc payments on your web site directly.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

you need a merchant account.
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary4gar View Post
    Check a Merchant account from service like 2checkout.com
    I don't think 2CO can allow clients to make payments on your website, isn't it?
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Try signing up at https://quantumgateway.com/signup.php and they will send you a quote.
    Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    You can also consider Authorize payment processor as a good alternative.
    Authorize.net isn't a payment processor, just a gateway. If you have Authorize.net you still need a merchant account to connect to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ggstorms View Post
    Authorize.net isn't a payment processor, just a gateway. If you have Authorize.net you still need a merchant account to connect to it.
    Yep. Auth.net has vast network of resellers who offer merchant account along with Auth.net accounts. Moreover, very often you can get an Auth.net account for free if you take someone's merchant account service. We are approached by lots of such resellers regarding having them listed in our X-Cart Marketplace. I believe other shopping cart vendors experience the same.
    X-Cart - PHP shopping cart used by tens thousands online merchants worldwide.
    Follow us on Facebook

If you go with Authorize.net, Make sure you don't sign up for just a payment gateway. Over the last 2 weeks we have received a flood of inquiries all of the sudden by merchants who just have a gateway without a merchant account bundled.

Also 95% of all merchant providers will waive the setup fee if you process through them.

Hi there

The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway can help you accept credit card and electronic check payments quickly and affordably.

I would suggest opening a business account with paypal.

Charge.com, but when I register with Charge.com they answer to me what my businees is high risk, and put in contact with Payovation (no cheap prices)
    www.mecacho.com - hosting, multimedia, web design, logos, corporate