VPS cPanel Licenses

Hi, i read here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archiv.../t-384500.html that there are specific licenses for VPS nodes... i cant see on cpanel's website where these types are mentioned.

Does anyone have any pointers or can recommend resellers from where i can purchase such licenses? I can see one reseller from a quick google here, https://www.instantcpanellicense.com...p?step=2&pid=2 however this is way more than the $7 mentioned in the above thread, in bulk thats a big price difference!

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

the cPanel vps license is $15 a month.

I believe I got mine through cpaneldirect

Check out www.buycpanel.com if your looking for a third party provider. You can also check your DC, as they usually have cheaper prices.

I would suggest using cPanelDirect -- if you are running OpenVZ or Virtuozzo you are eligible for the VZZO licenses. These are $14.00/month
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

cPanel as set pricing for external licenses. I have not seen external cPanel VPS licenses cheaper then 14.00 / Month.

Please keep in mind that cPanel raised their prices shortly after releasing the VPS Optimized version. You MIGHT be able to find a few places offering external cPanel licenses for as low as $13.00, most are going to be between $14-$15. I doubt you're going to get much lower than that for external licensing.

As someone else said, check with your datacenter provider. They may be able to get you lower pricing.

I get mine pretty cheaply, but I am probably not alowed to state where I get them from.

Cheap licenses are out there though.
    madgenius.com - S Corp. We are US based company.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Also offering custom solutions and automated provisioning for most services

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Ok to turn the question on its head, how many licenses do you have to buy before you qualify for internal pricing? Is it 20, or more (as from what i read in the link i posted)?

Regards,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by o-dog View Post
    Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Ok to turn the question on its head, how many licenses do you have to buy before you qualify for internal pricing? Is it 20, or more (as from what i read in the link i posted)?

Regards,

Chris
    One requirement by cPanel to qualify for internal pricing is that you MUST own your hardware and colocate it. You must also have your own IP allocation from ARIN or have blocks allocated to you by an upstream via RWHOIS or SWIP records.

Requirement to become a partner is 10 dedicated licenses @ $35/month or 30 VPS licenses at @ $11/month
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Why don't you get Plesk, LXadmin or any other control panel. cPanel is more expensive than others.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    I would suggest using cPanelDirect -- if you are running OpenVZ or Virtuozzo you are eligible for the VZZO licenses. These are $14.00/month
    I'll suggest BuyCpanel instead. From what I know, they are the largest external cPanel license provider. When I contacted them, they are willing to lower the prices when I have a certain commitment. I had contacted cPanelDirect, and they are unwilling to do so at all.

My friend is paying US$15 per month for his VPS license, through buycpanel.com.

Why don't you get Plesk, LXadmin or any other control panel. cPanel is more expensive than others.
    Stay far away from LxAdmin, for now at least . And actually, cPanel unlimited domains is cheaper than Plesk 100 domains, I believe. For a cheap alternative, DirectAdmin is good. For a free alternative, Virtualmin GLP is good, as is ISP-Config.

I buy mine from http://cpaneldirect.net for $14.

cPanel use to have the requirements on their web site. I believe it use to be 10 dedicated servers licenses or 100 VPS licenses before you could buy directly from them.

Wow thanks for the posts great info thanks very much.

I did also post another thread on cPanel DNS only in the same VPS forum, if you could take a look there also it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    cPanel is very user friendly, and is cheaper than plesk. Plesk, even at DC Prices runs about $20 for 30 domains(Or from what I have seen). LXAdmin, you can't compare cPanel to LXAdmin that's like comparing a Bulldozer to a Smart Car.

I suggest CpanelSource. They are very helpful.

Hi guys, cPanel is fine to be honest, i dont mind paying the money i just need to find it at the best price thats all.

Thanks again