hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Rackster.com? Any reviews?

Forum Jump

Rackster.com? Any reviews?

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Question

Rackster.com? Any reviews?

I was looking around at DataCenterMap.com and I found rackster.com for colocation.

I am just wondering, has anyone here ever used them or read reviews of them before?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

They're new but pretty solid. They have good investors and competent management. Network includes Bell Canada and Cogent with some other upstreams coming online soon (6-month horizon). Good cooling, Cisco-based routing environment... I don't know what you need to know exactly I'd suggest you put in a call to them.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I think I will give them a call tomorrow. Does anyone else have any other reviews of them?

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Caution about Rackster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH-Coach View Post
They're new but pretty solid. They have good investors and competent management. Network includes Bell Canada and Cogent with some other upstreams coming online soon (6-month horizon). Good cooling, Cisco-based routing environment... I don't know what you need to know exactly I'd suggest you put in a call to them.
Rackster has some serious ongoing legal issues before the courts, mainly over ownership and control. One group of investors is seeking to possibly liquidate the company. You can imagine the nightmare scenario of having data and hardware at a co-location facility that may liquidate at any time.

In a nutshell, the short-term furture of Rackster is completely uncertain, and the long term is not even worth speculating about. The best way to describe its current status is "legal limbo."

For more details search BC Court Services Online or Canlii (keywork rackster).

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_tanks View Post
Rackster has some serious ongoing legal issues before the courts, mainly over ownership and control. One group of investors is seeking to possibly liquidate the company. You can imagine the nightmare scenario of having data and hardware at a co-location facility that may liquidate at any time.

In a nutshell, the short-term furture of Rackster is completely uncertain, and the long term is not even worth speculating about. The best way to describe its current status is "legal limbo."

For more details search BC Court Services Online or Canlii (keywork rackster).
Thanks for the info. Just looked them up on Canlii and I will not be going with them until they get this cleared up.

http://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/doc...08bcsc267.html

Thanks again.

Old
WHT Addict

Wow, that is epic. I am especially flabbergasted at sections [5] and [18]

Old
Randy

Not good...keep shopping.

Old
Junior Guru

That CanLII doc is dated 03 March 2008. Is Rackster still occupying the property 15 months later ?

Landlord/Tenant disputes happen. Some Landlords like to play games and when you catch them, they (landlords) are not very forgiving. The fun starts when you, as the tenant, have to deal with their cheap and very inexperienced lawyer.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHN-Jay View Post
Thanks for the info. Just looked them up on Canlii and I will not be going with them until they get this cleared up.

Thanks again.
That is not the case I was referring to, see "O’Brien v. Tarasenko" on Canlii. Just use keyword "rackster" and it should pop right up (docket #78673). It appears there are two warring groups trying to take over the company, and if neither side is victorious it means liquidation city here we come...

Old
Web Hosting Guru

interesting - jeff_tanks...new user..two posts...both in this thread....

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

WH-Coach: what I find interesting is that you made a favourable comment about this company yet you seem to be unaware of the serious legal difficulties the company is under. The problems are serious enough as to potentially destroy it.

Yes, I have only made two posts... so what? I came across this forum and decided I had some relevant information to post so I registered and did, for the benefit of "AHN-Jay". I researched this company as a potential candidate to host a server cluster and what I learned about their legal issues eliminated them pretty quickly.

A good bit of advice to anyone... if somebody is negative about an outfit and you don't think it's deserved or credible then go do your own research...

Old
Web Hosting Master

I found the case you were referring to.
http://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/doc...8bcsc1294.html

I will definitely not be going with them now. Time to keep looking...