8 Linux Dedicated Servers for $250 per month! | New Customers Only!
Need to run a distributed computing project that requires multiple I/O channels. Like many customers has discovered you can buy 1 huge multi-core system or you can separate your loads by distributing your tasks among multiple servers. All for the price of a single dedicated server. So what could you do with a multi-server configuration?
(1) You could distributed the load for a high volume web site between 2-4 web servers. You could create a fully replicated back-end database between 2 servers. You could use the remaining servers for backup, development and staging.
(2) You could use all 8 servers to create a fully redundant replicated file system with an aggregate capacity of 1.5TB then you can use all or some subset of the nodes to host virtual machines.
(3) Build a Hadoop (map-reduce) cluster for data processing
(4) Create 4 dedicated game servers and run the web site and database servers from different nodes.
(5) Create a back-end storage array using TCP/IP raid. To mirror content from remote production environments.
(6) Build a private cloud (EC2 like) using Eucalyptus and much more...
These are just a few of the ways existing customers are using the configurations.