hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Why did my Shared IP address change?

Forum Jump

Why did my Shared IP address change?

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Why did my Shared IP address change?

I'm having problems hosting my last 2 websites, especially AchieversHouse.com.
The Shared IP address on my cpanel just automatically changed from 174.132.227.96 to 70.47.137.218, and I don't know how. So that when I set it the domain, it does not show the intended home page, instead the message on the page says "the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully".
I'm a bit confused, with how and where I could change my Shared IP address back to 174.132.227.96.
Someone H-E-L-P....

Sponsored Links
Old
Technical Nutcase

That generally means that the DNS has not propergated to the new IP Address. I would contact your host to find out why they changed it without notice. The bad thing is this can take up to 72 hours to complete.

If you run Windows - Try running this at the command line and try your site again to see if it helps "ipconfig /flushdns"

Old
Junior Guru

They would probably have moved you to a new server. They should not have done this without notifying you. I would contact them and ask them if they have moved your server, and if so why you were not made aware.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

If the shared IP changed then they must have moved you to a new server. That default cPanel message will come up when changing ip's and your site is still propagating.You could try flushing your DNS by entering ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt, this sometimes helps speed things up locally.

Old
Disabled

Propagation for an ip address change in an existing zone should take less than a couple hours. There are other issues involved.

Old
Web Host Extraordinaire!!!

It does very much sound like you were moved to another server, even another provider.

174.132.227.96 is a ThePlanet IP address where 70.47.137.218 comes back to nac.net. The IP in ThePlanet is based out of Texas where the NAC IP is based out of Washington it looks like.

You will need to update your DNS to point to the new IP and I would think things will start working as they should. You need to contact your provider about this either way.

http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Providing Quality Services since 2007

Old
Web Hosting Master

the a-class difference gives it away that you were put on a new server. didn't even have to check where the IPs are registered.

Old
Web Host Extraordinaire!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
the a-class difference gives it away that you were put on a new server. didn't even have to check where the IPs are registered.
I have a couple different A-class IPs assigned to a server of mine, so I wouldn't necessarily say that it means it was a different server.

However the traceroutes/whois definitely confirms it.

http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Providing Quality Services since 2007

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
I have a couple different A-class IPs assigned to a server of mine, so I wouldn't necessarily say that it means it was a different server.

However the traceroutes/whois definitely confirms it.
the same server? i thought it wasn't possible lol - i have a couple of servers and all DCs told me it can't be done...liars

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
DL Host Listing 2014-09-20 20:48:14
DL Host Listing 2014-09-20 20:48:14
DL Host Listing 2014-09-20 20:48:15
DL Host Listing 2014-09-20 20:45:44
DedicatedNode, LLC. Listing 2014-09-20 20:48:09