A good monitoring service that sends me ICQ message when server goes down...

Does anyone know a good monitoring service that sends me an instant message when my server goes down? At the moment, the only one I know is Alertra.com which supports AIM but it is mighty expensive.. I'd be looking at spending way pass $150/mo for all the servers I need to monitor.. Please list any here.. It can either support ICQ, AIM, YIM, Trillian or even MSN..

use WhatsupGold and monitor them on your local puter...it can then call you or email you per your specs

Originally posted by AlaskanWolf
    use WhatsupGold and monitor them on your local puter...it can then call you or email you per your specs
    What happens if your ISP goes out?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    What happens if your ISP goes out?
    You don't get the ICQ message.

A local monitor is good (in additional to a few remote services). You know when you're online, and if something isn't responding you can be tracing and checkin within minutes.

Cheers

Gary

I've written a simple php script that checks every 5 mins (thru cron) that the web server is up, that the db server is up and that the load on the server is not above 0.75. If anything is wrong it sends an e-mail out to my mobile provider which inturn sends me an SMS msg.

I know it has it's flaws but it's better than nothing and much cheaper than Alertra
    dBforums.com - Database design, development and administration.

atm we're using websitepulse because it monitors from multiple locations worldwide to stop false alarms.. i need a remote service, cant be local..
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

JonB,

Sounds good.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

Originally posted by universal2001
    atm we're using websitepulse because it monitors from multiple locations worldwide to stop false alarms.. i need a remote service, cant be local..
    I've been able to setup my program here locally to stop false alarms, even when my cable modem goes out. Its work great for the last year or so now. It even calls me on my other line which sits next to my bed if between 11pm and 11am if a service stops responding after 2 cycles (5 minutes cycles)

Check out www.woodstone.nu/salive

It's a great program and has a lot of features for little $$... don't know if it will ICQ you but it will send an email...
    CDHost - Managed Business Hosting
    http://www.cdhost.com - [email protected]
    Proud Host of PhotoshopForums.com!

You won't find better one that www.server-monitoring.co.uk

that doesnt work anymore due to SPAM complaints
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

Originally posted by universal2001
    that doesnt work anymore due to SPAM complaints
    I don't use instant messaging but are you sure it's not available anymore? Their main page still mentions the Email Express feature here.

Damn spammers ruin everything.

If I can just work out how to configure the bugger, I am setting up nagios (formerly netsaint) with a couple of others to form a ring of remote monitoring.

For DIY network monitoring your can't beat Big Brother. www.bb4.com
    Ben Prince - CyberPixels
    Systems Administrator
    [email protected]
    AIM: CyberPixelsBen

For DIY network monitoring your can't beat Big Brother. www.bb4.com
    My ISP use this, so i am happy to give you the URL for an online demo. http://monitor.plus.net
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895