For anyone considering H-Sphere

If you're considering H-Sphere, and support is important to you, you might want to hear about my experience.

With the last version, Positive Software introduced a new internal OpenSRS client for domain registrations. When they upgraded us to this version, OpenSRS registrations completely stopped working - the new client doesn't work for us at all. This was a couple weeks ago.

When I first became aware of the problem, I notified support. I received a response suggesting a possible way to correct it. I tried it, and it didn't work. I wrote support again, and they suggested that I try the very same thing again.

I have written support three more times, including one mail CC'd to Igor, the president of the company. This mail has been completely ignored.

I pay $300/month for "priority support" and this apparently doesn't mean anything. OpenSRS registration has been completely unavailable to clients for weeks now, and PSoft has utterly ignored me.

H-Sphere is good software overall, but as with anything, it's useless if you can't get help when something breaks. If it wasn't for the fact that I have too many customers to reasonably switch to something else mid-stream, I'd be jumping ship right now.

As always, do your own research, but you might keep my experience in mind when shopping for control panel software.

Travis - I highly recommend you speak to Carlos, he is now in charge of customer relations I believe and should be able to help things along for you.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Travis,

What version did you upgrade to.
    we have had no problems from Psoft.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

Travis, I believe I know why you weren't getting responses.

Here is the header of the of the message that was sent to us:
    Subject: OpenSRS broken
    Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 22:16:50 -0700
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    To: <[email protected]>
    CC: <[email protected]>

We replied to the message, but it went to:
    [email protected]
    I believe it is wrong mailbox, and because it never bounced, we never checked from address.
    Igor Seletskiy
    CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc
    http://www.cloudlinux.com
    CloudLinux -- The OS that can make your Shared Hosting stable

Okay, looks like it's time for me to swallow some humble pie.

I had modified the mail settings on the client I was using to e-mail the guys at H-Sphere, and an incorrect return address was set. So apparently they were replying, but I wasn't getting it.

Big apologies to the H-Sphere guys... this one wasn't their fault. Thanks, Igor.

Finally...we see a happy ending on here!
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Great, PSoft #1!
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895