Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many accounts have you sold in one year?

I wonder how many accounts have you guys been able to sell in one year?
    I assume those who reply have been actively promoting their product.

thanks in advance.
    Review of top hosting companies. List of Budget hosting.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com

im interested to know too..

i had 5 accounts setup 2 weeks ago..and the last 2 weeks..nothing!..!
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

You should probably make this a poll as some people dont like to disclose this info!

less than 50 but i want 2 keep things small and grow steadily

50 over one year! That does not generate income!

I am wondering if reselling can be a profitable business. (minimum of $2500 per month)

You are right I should make a poll.

7,400 per year!
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

7400 account??? wow, that is very huge . earn alot of $ huh.
    Well for me is some where 20 - 30 accounts.

i said less that 50 and actually it has made money, its not a full time business so i am not bothered that im not a millionaire yet.

7,400 per year!

I don't think so

That would be 20 sites a day most coperate hosting companies don't even do that.

Our resellers avarage 20 a month in about 6-8 months you would be making $3-4000 at that rate.

In the begging I would shoot for 4 a week you would be making 80,000 a year after a year at that rate.

I wouldn't plan to quit your day job for atleast 6-8 months.

Nothing happens over night.

-Charles

Charles, that sounds too easy.

Universal2001; can i ask how ?! What is your website add.
    I am really interested to know about how can anyone sell about 7400 hosts in a year...

-Habib

If the internet continues to grow exponentially (number of new users) but the number of webhosts does not, there will be plenty of future business for all.

Charles, that sounds too easy.
    I think I may have forgotten a really important factor, the resellers we have usually spend thousands a month to advertise so their profits are not necessarily the amount they make.

Not too mention they lose several thousand in the beggining before their profits can make up for the initial advertising investments.

I also noticed they are mostly already established business's not too many are just web hosting companies.

I don't want to inflate anything it's not easy and be prepared to spend some cash before you can quit you day job.

-Charles

just over 800 since feb.

Maybe universal2001 means how much money he makes a year.

Originally posted by whatever
    Maybe universal2001 means how much money he makes a year.
    Think same.

nope...
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

While 80,000 is quite possible, don't count on it.

Advertising and getting linkbacks, serch engine placement, quality customers that refer other sites and simply learning the business takes a lot of time. Be prpared to spend much time developing your site if you are on a tight budget and can't afford webdesigners.

4 a week is a good number, and for the most part realistic i feel after the first 3 months or so.

Although I will say this week has totally sucked.

I am at 120 > since July, but were talking very little sleep here.

Luckily my other job has flexible hours or I don't see that happening.

Regards,
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

Doing well.

We are signing up an average of 10 per week over the last month and a half, which is fewer than our business plan called for. However, our members are choosing the more powerful (more expensive) plans. Therefore, we are breaking even as planned. There are definitely plenty of people looking for a reliable Host with good customer service/support. It is just a matter of meeting up with them and then showing them they have found a business of integrity and intelligence.

One thing is for sure, from the moment we began planning until now - the members of WHT and their combined knowledge have been the one resource we couldn't have done without.

Whatever choice you make, in your plans for business, remember that your integrity will make or break you and the friends you make here will lead you right.
    Curtis
    sales@gigabean.com
    http://gigabean.com
    979-575-8449

acually this thread was good to read. Im planing on starting to resell but I dont plan on making alot of money...if any. My income will come from my current job and building computers. The webhosting is just something ill do on the side to make me some extra cash for now. I do have a business plan that calls for us to grow really big by buying many servers and opening a full company an making enough cash to make it a full time business but thats down the road about a year or so. One thing you dont want to do is offer super low prices. I know you can reseller accounts for dirt cheap now a days and you can sell them for as low as 75 cents if you wanted but remember this means only like a few cents profit and yes you would sell many but most that pay that little dont know much about hosting and will need your help alot and it wouldnt be worth the money. Also do not over sell. Its a well known fact that if you give someone 10gigs of transfer they will only use maybe 2 or 3 of it..but dont expect this to always be true. The way i do it is i look at it as if i gave someone 400mb and 10 gig transfer that i have used up that much space regardless if they put a site on there thats only 100kb big and only pulls 200mb a month...

Overselling will cause you to go out of business when ppl al the sudden decide to use all the space.

Originally posted by universal2001
    7,400 per year!
    Am I reading this right?? You have 7,400 resellers?? In one year??

Do you still have all of your hair??
    Kimberly
    http://adultdata.net

I know one thing....We have the most H-Sphere customers of anyone reselling the H-Sphere Control Panel.
    Vortech, Inc.
    http://www.matrixreseller.com
    sales@matrixreseller.com

Originally posted by universal2001
    7,400 per year!
    what is your web site address?

I don't think he ever tells...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast