Political "phone spam"

Phone Spam, that's what I call it. No matter if it's telemarketers or politicians it's all a form of spam.

I just got a call (LOL) from George W Bush. Cool huh?!?!

The past month I've been averaging about about 5 calls per day by local politicians, some live, some recorded.

Within the past week I've been hit with around 12 calls per day. AURRGGHH!

I think they loose votes by calling and bugging the people. At least that's the way I'm voting.

It's almost over, YEAH!!!!

if they are the prerecorded ones thats like a auto matic dont vote for me anyways no matter what party..its a load of crap...the live ones are kinda funny.."oh really" "can you prove this" "So much trash so little back up"
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Nothing I enjoy more, than sitting down to dinner and have it interupted by some politician counting on my vote.

Do they actually think they get more votes this way?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

You got to love the new marketing technique they use: Hello is this John (Name's really Brandon). I say no they say sorry I must have the wrong number but since I have you blah blah etc they go on with there sales from then.

I have gotten 10 calls within the last two weeks like this.

I got e-mail spam from Tim Hagan (running for something in Ohio...). And Bill Clinton called my house to tell us we should vote for him, and Bob Taft called my house from a cell phone (According to caller ID) telling us to vote for him.

hell you're lucky it's the phone !

we had a state election announced yesterday afternoon and so far I've had 2 people knocking on my front door asking me to vote this way or that way

I never have any trouble with rabid religionists knocking on my door ..I just slam it .. bit different when it's political

I never have any trouble with rabid religionists knocking on my door ..I just slam it

I can't believe this, Bill Clinton just called me!

That's it, I'm unplugging the phone!

The Reverend Jesse Jackson called me today!
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Whenever someone calls me, telemarketer, politician, I give them hell. I grill them on their less than ideal qualities.

You answer your phone? I turned the ringer off and only know it's ringing when the answering machine starts up. When I hear someone I need to talk to -- client, new business, etc. -- I pick up.
    People I do want to talk to know about this system.
    What bugs me is how many recorded phone callers will leave a message!
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

Yes i friggin hate this!!!

They always call when they know you will be home,the pricks........(Telemarketers,etc....) Just another way of trying 2 rip people off......They wont go out and buy stuff,so the tele people call them...

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Ask the Politician if he's against Spam. When he says yes, explain to him what it is (UCE, Junk Ads in P.O., telemarketors, etc) and ask why is he doing it.

This is why I don't have a home phone.

I only have a cell phone. I pay $40 a month, can take it anywhere I want in the southeast (5 states), is next to me 24/7/365, is my phone book, free long distance, and I can't receive sales calls.

If my understanding of the law is correct I can't receive sales calls on it because I pay for the call. They can't make me pay for their spam. I've gotten one phone call in 3 years on it from a tele-scammer and I told them this was a cell phone and it was illegal to place sales calls to it and they said they were sorry and I havn't received one back yet.

Now if a machine called me, I'd be pissed about it. I can't curse at them
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Originally posted by Chicken
    The Reverend Jesse Jackson called me today!
    what did "he" say? lol ask him how his mistress is doing....

off note: i found a good tactic to do tell them to put you on their "do not call list" (for telemarketers) or start talking to them in another language sound totally ignorant...its rather funny
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by Studio64
    This is why I don't have a home phone.

I only have a cell phone. I pay $40 a month, can take it anywhere I want in the southeast (5 states), is next to me 24/7/365, is my phone book, free long distance, and I can't receive sales calls.

If my understanding of the law is correct I can't receive sales calls on it because I pay for the call. They can't make me pay for their spam. I've gotten one phone call in 3 years on it from a tele-scammer and I told them this was a cell phone and it was illegal to place sales calls to it and they said they were sorry and I havn't received one back yet.

Now if a machine called me, I'd be pissed about it. I can't curse at them
    I had to change my cell phone number because it was being spammed every 10 minutes. Including the call from the Indian hosting company