Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    Question How to expand my hosting?

    I am quite new in webhosting area, but experienced in computer use(I am student at a Technical University, programming profile).
    I want to buy a reseller account, from a company which has servers in Netherlands, to allow almost everything on my hosting. Then if I get customers, I will expand to dedicated servers. But the problem is: how to expand?

    I tried to read on wht, but no one says exactly what you have to do. How do I get customers? this is the main problem.

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    12,797
    Start from your families and friends then neighbors, etc... engage in the internet always, etc...

    It is all about style...
    .
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net providing services and support 24/7 since 2001.
    .

  3. #3
    My families, doesn't really need webhosting, and friends...no too

  4. #4
    LOCAL, Start by selling to local companies, new businesses

    THen work from there
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    74
    Word of mouth is the number one way to grow your hosting company. Being Recommended by customers that have had a good experiance from your company.

    Running a webhosting business isnt a overnight thing, It takes time , alot of hard work and sleepless nights .

  6. #6
    And another thing. I don't want to work with paypal. I simply don't trust them, don't know why. I want to use AlertPay,LibertyReserve and some other. This is why I am looking for a reseller where I can pay with one of these, but I can't find. I found something, but is not a host which I can trust.

  7. #7
    If you are a programmer then I would seek out those types of jobs... offer to provide hosting services for those projects. And as freedomhost said.... word of mouth is #1

  8. #8
    Thank you for idea @thisisaustin . I am currently working on a script for a targeted industry, and I can say that our hosting is optimized for that script.

    and another thing, maybe a good idea, maybe a bad one. I have found about 4-5 webhosting companies from where I can buy reseller accounts. I want to buy from each of them the cheapest shared account, and for 1 month to monitor each of them and compare final results. what do you say?

    edit 1: can I list here those companies and ask you for an opinion?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by AdyMareshal View Post
    and another thing, maybe a good idea, maybe a bad one. I have found about 4-5 webhosting companies from where I can buy reseller accounts. I want to buy from each of them the cheapest shared account, and for 1 month to monitor each of them and compare final results. what do you say?

    edit 1: can I list here those companies and ask you for an opinion?
    I think that would be a good idea to test how reliable they are, however some hosting company don't put shared & reseller accounts on the same server. But at least you can find out about the quality of the sales & support team.

    I am sure you can list them here and WHTers would be able to give opinions based on their experiences.

    Good luck with your search.
    Roi

  10. #10
    If I can list here they are:
    - santrex . net -> they allow everything, but prices are too low, weird
    - warez-host . com -> very fast support but same cheap prices for reseller(10$/month 400GB band and 15GB webspace)
    - ******* . com -> don't know what to say
    - webthosting . com -> I like them most, 20$ 60GB and 600GB band

    If if you check them all, they all have servers in netherlands.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    528
    Your not going to "get rich quick" in this business. There are so many hosts, you have to get your name out. I would recommend hiring someone to revise/edit your website and then advertising on WHT. You spend money to get money.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkyasp View Post
    Your not going to "get rich quick" in this business...You spend money to get money.
    I know these rules.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by AdyMareshal View Post
    I am quite new in webhosting area, but experienced in computer use(I am student at a Technical University, programming profile).
    I want to buy a reseller account, from a company which has servers in Netherlands, to allow almost everything on my hosting. Then if I get customers, I will expand to dedicated servers. But the problem is: how to expand?

    I tried to read on wht, but no one says exactly what you have to do. How do I get customers? this is the main problem.

    thanks in advance
    Like everything else - trial and error and providing good quality service at reasonable prices.

    I would start local and figure out what you want to do exactly.

    likely you aren't going to find a "step-by-step guide to make millions in reselling" primer on this website. haha.


    Lawrence
    Tired of Hosting? Let Us Buy You Out!

    BUYOUT HOSTING - Where Buyers and Sellers meet!

  14. #14
    I don't want to make millions from reselling. I am trying only to earn a monthly income for me and my family. If I wanted to make millions, I wouldn't start with reselling.

    Can you plese not refer to my list of hosts?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by AdyMareshal View Post
    Can you plese not refer to my list of hosts?
    I'm not sure if this was directed to me, or what you are asking for exactly.


    Lawrence
    Tired of Hosting? Let Us Buy You Out!

    BUYOUT HOSTING - Where Buyers and Sellers meet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •