Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Development companies read this!!!

Anybody in here make real games, and I mean [triangle game(game made with billions of triangles)], and those would be directX, if so, please PM me with price quotes.

Erm a big step . . . .

More detail needed here people want to know what you want them too make

make real games

A game! lol. It said that in my first post.

triangles?

just triangles?

or do you mean polygons?

I believe he means polygons. Also, if you're looking for a very professional development team, be prepared to spend several hundred thousands.

You'll probably have much luck here:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/

or check out elance.com

http://www.itmoonlighter.com
    Another place such as elance.

Originally posted by progex
    I believe he means polygons. Also, if you're looking for a very professional development team, be prepared to spend several hundred thousands.

yup. I am ready to spend several hundred dollars depending on quality and stuff. And yes, I meant polygons.

He said several hundred thousand, as that's what the development of most commercial games ("real games") cost.

You might be better of going to a reliable company... But I know nothing in ths field ... I am just thinking thats the best way to do it.

Originally posted by eiSecure
    He said several hundred thousand, as that's what the development of most commercial games ("real games") cost.
    Your saying games in stores cost like $100,000 to make? lol, this is funniest thing I have heard. I could buy a house for that much money. maybe around $20,000-$30,000 but not $100,000!!

Yes, that is what I am saying.

Today's top games, such as Red Alert 2, Unreal Tournament 2K3, The Sims, etc., they all cost loads and loads of money to design, develop, and market.

the top games that you mentioned cost millions to make+market
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

My friend is a game programmer...Him and his team recently sold a game to EA for $1,250,000. Good game too...
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

Do some research... think about the programmers, designers, animation, projec directors, marketing

and think of them all paid by the hour
    Do the math
    -Faraaz

Yes, I just coded Doom III in pure assembly on the back of a notepad, overnight.

Timechange

Your looking at around $300-$500/hr for a team of coders and designers to make your game. 10 hours per day more or less and around 1 month or so depending on how you want the game to work and what the game consists of. Some games take over 12 months to develope.
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Talking I just have to laugh =)

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by progex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yup. I am ready to spend several hundred dollars depending on quality and stuff. And yes, I meant polygons.

------------------------

LOL!

Originally posted by tazzy
    Timechange

Your looking at around $300-$500/hr for a team of coders and designers to make your game. 10 hours per day more or less and around 1 month or so depending on how you want the game to work and what the game consists of. Some games take over 12 months to develope.
    As I said before, I would rather buy mercedes-benz, a house with 10 bedrooms, bmw, and lots of other stuff instead of one game. Cause if it costs $500/hr for designers to make, then thats more than doctor makes. lol

Originally posted by eiSecure
    Yes, that is what I am saying.

Today's top games, such as Red Alert 2, Unreal Tournament 2K3, The Sims, etc., they all cost loads and loads of money to design, develop, and market.
    Red Alert 2 is mostly made in voxels for units. So there is not much of polygons in there as I said.

Originally posted by Coolium

As I said before, I would rather buy mercedes-benz, a house with 10 bedrooms, bmw, and lots of other stuff instead of one game. Cause if it costs $500/hr for designers to make, then thats more than doctor makes. lol
    Allow me the first one to write the word: troll.
    BTW: $100,000 for a 10-bedroom house? Where is that? I'm interested
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

well I have this house in mind, 10 bedrooms, in a nice place in France, perfect... and guess how much it will cost?

£90,000

well just a small thought,if 2A designs sites for 100k,so is game design as simple as designing a 100k site??
    just wondering,and i still think 1,250,000 is not much for a game.
    its just like a cartooning"which i know lots about".u'll be spending several millions of u want a good game like EA's.
    btw ,in WD cartoon movies,somtimes 30 ppl work on one character...just imagine that
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

I was involved in the game developing market in the mid 80's for 8bit computers (Z80/6502 CPUs). The top crop of that era cost roughly 40,000 UK pounds to make and involved a small team of graphic artists, coders, designers and testers. Today's middle range games easily cost 10 to 20 times as much.

Originally posted by cyansmoker

Allow me the first one to write the word: troll.
    BTW: $100,000 for a 10-bedroom house? Where is that? I'm interested
    Dude, you have quoted my post and haven't even read it. I said for $500/hour I could get 10 bed room house. Thats like $4000/week and about $20,000/month. That could easily pay like 3 months or so of the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast