php-nuke installation

Right, I'm planning a website launch using hostrocket.com - I'm going to use Php-nuke hopefully.

My questions are:

1. Would I be able to install nuke remotely, via Telnet or what?
    2. Is it really difficult or can I just follow the INSTALL documentation in the php-nuke zip?
    3. What's PHPMyAdmin and do I need to install that as well?

As you can probably tell from these questions, I'm not totally sure what I'm doing so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben.

You can just upload the files by following the directions and set permissions etc. Hostrocket should have a database and username setup for your mysql, once you edit the config file (conifg.php i think) with your db name, username and password you just need to type in the url or the install script ie: www.yourdomain.com/install.php it will walk you through the install and thats is Whamo! your done.. good luck

Wrong, goto phpmyadmin, create a db, use the run query feature (click on browse and find the nuke.sql file in the SQL folder). Edit the config to match the details, then goto the site and register as admin. If ya need help ya know where I am

bobcares is offline [email protected]
    Hi!
    I would suggest post nuke over phpnuke.
    You can install both without shell access.
    You'd need database access though. You phpmyadmin is a good idea...

Have a great day

regards
    amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares...."

Some hosts have auto installers. Like AWH. Try them. It took me like 10 seconds to install phpnuke.

heh, took me less than 5

Actually not wrong depending on what control panel you use.. Ensim autocreates a database called domain_tld when you create an account so actually neither of us are completely correct.