Thread: New SEO Project

New SEO Project

Hello All,

If you got a new SEO project, on which basic seo factors you will concentrate.

Sankar

Key word research
    Title tag
    Targeted one way back links
    Time

I would also have them consider PPC as well depending on the goals.

Lawrence
    Tired of Hosting? Let Us Buy You Out!

BUYOUT HOSTING - Where Buyers and Sellers meet!

PPC has nothing to do with SEO.

sorry guys...PPC? What is that?

Pay per click advertising on search engines in this case.

Specifically, i'd recommend Google-Ads.

So, before you start to just do a SEO project for someone, you might want to check out what their goals are exactly.

Lawrence

Better use of keywords in one way, 3 way linking and as well as forums signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by varanasi View Post
    Hello All,

Sankar
    Such a general request will only solicit general responses... Are you interested in increasing general traffic to something like a blog or news site, niche traffic to a how-to or expert site, or increasing sales to a e-commerce site?

So many variables... unless you are more specific then you will never get a good response.

It sounds cliche but every SEO project is different, in some cases radically different.
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLH-Ken View Post
    Such a general request will only solicit general responses... Are you interested in increasing general traffic to something like a blog or news site, niche traffic to a how-to or expert site, or increasing sales to a e-commerce site?

So many variables... unless you are more specific then you will never get a good response.

It sounds cliche but every SEO project is different, in some cases radically different.
    Perhaps the OP is interested in PCR (BBS term..)

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by varanasi View Post
    Hello All,

Sankar
    work on keyword research and its promotion by link building( the core facter) and other ways like advertisement...

SEO is search engine positioning. Nothing more, nothing less. Its a distinct and unique discipline which often gets confused with a much broader definition of strategies that apply to community building, traffic generation, networking, relationship building and or internet marketing. No one is quite the same as the other and despite what some will claim they can't all be lumped together in one bubbling pot of goats head soup.

SEO is not concerned with traffic besides the work that needs to be done to target the key words that are going to attract the most hits. There is a difference and its important to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    SEO is not concerned with traffic besides the work that needs to be done to target the key words that are going to attract the most hits. There is a difference and its important to understand that.
    I'm sure many of us understand this, however, i wasn't confident that the OP was necessarily aware of the fact.

It's like prospects asking me "how much does a website cost?" It takes about 10 questions before i can actually figure out what they're looking for, or if a website is really what they need.

Lawrence

Thank you for your suggestions, my opinion is to concentrate on all factors in on page optimization and then we have to go for off page optimization and ppc.

Sankar.