Post Forum Moderators and Promoters Needed

I'm starting a new forum to talk about linux. I am looking for few people to help me promote and moderate it. If you are interested let me know.

If it becomes popular enough it sell advertising on I will share ad revenue or adspace on it.

usually with new forums, you dont need moderators right away....I'd suggest waiting until you actually need mods

Agrees with akash, and will add my 2 bits.

If the project is worthy enough, you should maintain full and complete control over the forum, until such time it becomes to much for one person to moderate. All the while, you keep an eye on members to spot the ones you think would do your site justice, and moderate it fairly, passionately, and professionally. Once you contact them about helping out, and they accept the position - you immediately make an announcement on your forum telling the members of the new moderator, and welcoming that new moderator so that they feel honored and cherished (something like that anyway).

That's a brief rundown of how it should/could go for your moderator search. You can find a complete run down by browsing a site known as Sitepoint.com.

As for promoting the site... you should be the one to do this, unless your willing to pay someone to help you get ranked in the SE's. Even if you pay someone for that service, don't expect to much to happen for the first 2-4 months (or longer, depending on the service).

Hope that helps, somewhat.

You could start off promoting it yourself by adding a signature here!
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

I start my Forums about 2-3 months ago and i have 200 members now and i'm ranked 3rd in Google when the search is done on Web Hosting forums, and 5th or 6th when a search is done on hosting forums.

So i think thats pretty good for a start

It is hard at the start but if u stick it out , it will get better,

Wsh I could get my forum going...The few active members we had don't post that much anymore...Brand new forum...Ah it takes time, however.

Good luck with your forum perhaps we can trade links.

Radon3k... I will look for that link to sitepoint that I mentioned above, and send it to you. Very imformative it was.

Thanks, sir!

no problem... it may take some digging though, I read the article about - oh hummm- 3 months ago maybe

haha well I'll have a looksie myself here tonight. Want to watch some of the election stuff first

Sending PM

Yeah, interested myself to see which way these elections go...

Gawd forbid we have a politicians plane mysteriously fall out of the sky just before every election! Only trouble is, it seems the wrong planes keep falling!!!

Here's that Sitepoint article, Community Building Primer. I think this was the one you were referring to.

Aaron