I had been messing around for a few weeks on a control panel.
It all started out when a friend of mine told me he was renting a CS server for around 60$/month. Finding it a bit expensive, I started looking for a decent dedicated server. Found one not too expensive, loaded Ubuntu Server and gave him a CS server at 30$/month.
I hadn't been working on a server for a while, so it was a pleasure to deal with everything again! I tweaked my kernel, compiled lighttpd and php.
I personaly prefer to have everything done by myself. It always
seems better and more secure hehe
Anyways, I worked for several weeks to code a control panel with PHP and Mysql. The website was on a VPS and the game servers on another dedicated server.
My control panel has the following features:
- Start, stop, force stop (kill -9 pid)
- View logs (truncates to 52kb)
- Change your FTP's password (the account is automaticly created)
- Re-install your server using predifined templates (Clean, Metamod, Amxmodx, deathmatch, etc)
- Change your RCON password
- Change your server's hostname
- Change your server's password
- Auto restart if server crashes
- Auto install amxmodx plugins
As you might have guessed, I coded it for CS, and therefore works with any servers released by steam.
To conclude, my friend stopped playing (therefore paying) and I just didn't feel to start a GSP.
I am in the process to make my code GPL and to release it after more work and tweaks.
Just to let you know
I'll try to keep you informed!