Dedicated Server $50 lower apart from Unitedcolo

Can anybody tell me if there in the world offer 50US/month without setup fee?

DONT MENTION UNITEDCOLO.....
    because i know it already...

I have no idea.
    I know a host that offers dedicated server for $50/mo, but with $100 setup fee.

I have a cable modem and computer at my house I could rent you
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

How about a dedicated DSL 1500/128 kps?
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Stop bottom feeding. Pay for quality. Its totally unrealistic to offer dedicated servers @ $50/monthly.

Exclamation

Originally posted by zerphyte
    Stop bottom feeding. Pay for quality. Its totally unrealistic to offer dedicated servers @ $50/monthly.
    I have to agree! If you want to offer quality then you need a quality host, especially if you are just starting out. Get a managed or semi-managed if you can. That way when a customer of yours asks for something you have no clue about you have something to fall back on.
    --
    Speckz

I didn't see him mention quality anywhere

Unrealistic

Your request is completely unrealistic, unless of course you want a server in someone's basement. I think Mike @ RackMy.com said he would provide you a server on his cable modem.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=86096
    Brad @ Xiolink
    XIOLINK. Your data...always within reach.
    http://www.xiolink.com
    1-877-4-XIOLINK [+01 314 621 5500]

Re: Unrealistic

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Your request is completely unrealistic, unless of course you want a server in someone's basement. I think Mike @ RackMy.com said he would provide you a server on his cable modem.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=86096
    Hey, you can host off the computer in my basement, but you'll need to redirect port 80, and 25 and 23 have been disabled (I suspect our local ISP is getting wise to us)!

....I should mention you'll experience downtime everytime my roomate decides to dry her hair... But maybe with this new source of income, we can afford UPS! Hooray!

j/k
    Not only do I think for myself, I AM myself

Dave I would be more then happy to consider your offer. Could I please get pics of the NOC staff specifically the female who is drying her hair.

I think i didnt mean by quality?
    when did i say i want quality?

something is reasonable will be fine!

I'm not selling in anywhere in USA particularly! I'm selling in hong Kong.....

so you guys have any ideas?

As far as i know there isnt anywhere but unitedcolo,
    most providers wont do it because it costs a lot to build a dedi server and would take then 6 months to a year just to get there costs back.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    As far as i know there isnt anywhere but unitedcolo,
    most providers wont do it because it costs a lot to build a dedi server and would take then 6 months to a year just to get there costs back.
    thanks UH-MATT...yours the best answers ever.....

Darn.. you guys beat me to it... I got this nice 286 in my storage I can setup

I can't beleive we forgot about Ghetto-Colo!

hahahah Ghetto-Colo r0x!!! i wanna locate with theM!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

if you're bottom feeding you're going to have to consider a setup fee or perhaps a little bit more per month.

> http://www.serveroutsource.net
    check out their specials, i know they had a $0 setup server for $79 a month with 300gb bandwidth

> http://www.nocster.com
    check out their specials. they will charge you a setup fee however, unless they'll still honour their halloween specials, which look like pretty good deals. they have some sub-$50 servers in there.

also, scour the dedicated server offers (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=36) or post a request and see if there's a provider with some spare parts lying around that would hook something up for you.
    Last edited by skylab; 11-05-2002 at 08:58 AM.

$50 / month or lower

I will be glad to offer you a server for $50 per month. Setup fee is $3000 and must be paid for a lifetime up front....assuming you are around 18 years old....estimated life of 78, must pay setup plus upfront for $39,000. There is no SLA....oh...and the lifetime for the purposes of the service isn't yours...it is the lifetime of how long I want to provide it. No refunds.

So, don't come whining back to WHT when you get screwed by my deal as I am following the too good to be true, take the money and run school of hosting so perfected by a select few hosts.

I'm sure there are other hosts who would reply as I did if you would post in the advertising forum where they could reply.

Oh....and I do require cash up front....no chargebacks here.

I can offer you a Pentium I 100Mhz with 16MB RAM for $50/month and $500 setup. This INCLUDES... a 500MB hard drive AND 10GB transfer.

Man you are sOOooo funny... why don't you try to sell to BBC that funny funny "BUT" SOOooOO funny story...

If that does not work why don't you guys try another biz. ?

HA HA HA

OK, we get the point and I'm sure the thread starter gets the point as well. Let's help the person and stop with the not very funny joke offer posts. We get it.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Is fine that if you so called *funny* want to make fun of me because i am a newbie.
    I rather get no answers from you then making fun of me. If you come near me, I will not guarantee that my friend and I will send you home with a wheelchair!!!!!!

so be sensible..if you dont have any ideas, dont reply!
    if i do get one, you go and find a way and delete all those posts!

3listen

if you want a serious answer , then read more before you ask

50 dollar server with no setup fee ?

Hi 3listen,

I don't think UnitedColo is planning to offer even their 50 dollar servers anymore. I think they offered those as a promotional offer when they first launched and now are more focussed on their 100 dollar and up packages.

I called them and spoke to them and they didn't seem enthusiastic about having those available anytime soon.

Also, I have never seen any other place with those prices, so I think although UC had them on temporarily, it was a completely unrealistic package to offer on a permanent basis, so I don't think you will find anything like that.

3listen
    Don't mind these two guys... Lot's off people here has serius problems...

I called them and spoke to them and they didn't seem enthusiastic about having those available anytime soon.

The $49 servers will be available in a few weeks
    . We are in the process of securing final pricing from AMD for their XP processors so the Professional servers will be running on AMD instead of Intel.

[/b]
    Best Regards,
    [/b]

Customer Support Team
    United Colocation Group
    www.unitedcolo.com

Do you guys know what you guys are saying before you guys actualy say it ?

Does not seens like it..Please only realistic post

Lat's time i'm goin to say this...!!!

You say that $50 it's not realistic ?
    If you pay $99 for 500 Gb ( it more stuff installed )
    and If you pay $50 for 100 Gb ( it only basic install )

Is the plan $50 sooo un-realistic ? $50 bucks less = 400 Gb less and less software installed...

Please think before you say something it's not good our does not give than money back.

Concerning, UCG offering the $49 servers,

I had the order form for their $49 servers added to my favourites, so I went ahead and ordered 2 servers without realising they were "out of stock"

Well they replied saying...

"We just check our database and it looks like to ordered a Professional server. Unfortunately, these servers are not in stock and they will not be available for a few weeks. The order is kept open for future sales date."

So I replied asking, when they might become available and here is what I got...

"We're still waiting for approval from our board so no specific date is available at this time."

I finally said, well just setup the server whenever they become available and let me know. Here is their reply...

"Thank you for your continuing support, but we're not accepting new orders for the professional servers. There is also no waiting list so the order form will be set aside."

So it looks like they wont be offering the $49 servers anymore. Must have definitely been a marketing tactic!

Originally posted by hostingsp

Don't mind these two guys... Lot's off people here has serius problems...

The $49 servers will be available in a few weeks
    . We are in the process of securing final pricing from AMD for their XP processors so the Professional servers will be running on AMD instead of Intel.

Best Regards,
    [/b]

Customer Support Team
    United Colocation Group
    www.unitedcolo.com

Do you guys know what you guys are saying before you guys actualy say it ?

Does not seens like it..Please only realistic post

Lat's time i'm goin to say this...!!!

You say that $50 it's not realistic ?
    If you pay $99 for 500 Gb ( it more stuff installed )
    and If you pay $50 for 100 Gb ( it only basic install )

Is the plan $50 sooo un-realistic ? $50 bucks less = 400 Gb less and less software installed...

Please think before you say something it's not good our does not give than money back. [/B]

Hmmm....I just got an email from them saying...

"As for the professional servers, they will be available in a few weeks."

As for the professional servers, they will be available in a few weeks."
    Heheh told you

When they get there i will be the first to get one can't wait...

hehe

It's not a bad marketing tactic at all. But it is a marketing tactic.

Also, it's most definitely a marketing tactic because they DO have the servers in stock (the 99 dollar ones are the exact same servers as the 49 dollar ones), they just don't want to offer them for that price.

If they were making money on them they would have them offered. Whether they will re-use the same marketing in a few weeks or not I do not know, but I do think it is a good way to get customers in the door.

While I tend to believe that it was and is a marketing tactic, it could be that having weighed out their business plans, they sell a certain number of $49 server per a certain number of their "regular" servers. Then I would not call it a marketing tactic.

Originally posted by Decius
    It's not a bad marketing tactic at all. But it is a marketing tactic.

Also, it's most definitely a marketing tactic because they DO have the servers in stock (the 99 dollar ones are the exact same servers as the 49 dollar ones), they just don't want to offer them for that price.

If they were making money on them they would have them offered. Whether they will re-use the same marketing in a few weeks or not I do not know, but I do think it is a good way to get customers in the door.

tactic because they DO have the servers in stock (the 99 dollar ones are the exact same servers as the 49 dollar ones)
    Ok let's think for a sec...

United buy's 100 $99 and 100 $50 servers....

In just 2 months they sold all the $50 and have like 30-40 $99...

Do you think his is goin to offer the $99 @ $50 and than have no $99 if the shippment dealay's ?

And let's think a little more... perhasp United allready configure all the servers ( the total off 200 ).. Just beacuse they are out off $50 they are goin to ask a tech to change the softwares ?

No his is goin to wait until the next shippment arrives...

PS : And if the prices goon up ? Our the Intel MB as i know there are changing to AMD instead off Intel ...
    Mayble it's a better deal for than and us ?

All guys do is say United is out beacuse bla bla... United has all the other servers in stock, on the other side i don't see RS it all there servers in stock....
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-06-2002 at 11:57 PM.

Originally posted by lightnin
    you have a nice life too. I hear bliss is real nice this time of year.
    Nice!

Hostingsp we are only doing exactly what you have been doing around here. Bashing other companies with arguments that have absolutely no merit. You still have not gotten a server with united Colo and yet you claim they are the best and you can testify to this. I ask you one question.....HOW??

Ever since you barged into WHT you have posted nothing but crap. All of your posts have been horribly unproductive. They contain absolutely no pertinant information. If anyone does a search on him he has not provided any helpful or useful information ever since he stepped out into WHT.

Consider this attack on your "beloved" UCG as a reminder that others have used their service, some good reviews others bad. You have not used their servers and thus should not even consider telling us why UC is better than all these other providers. This is my 5th post about you and this, its just annoying the heck out of me. You are a troll - plain and simple.

Now back to what was being discussed....United Colo can offer $49 servers if they can offer $99 servers - they have exactly the same hardware configuration, they are installed with exactly the same software (EDIT: They offer several extra programs with the $99 server all of which could be erased for a $49 server), the only difference is the bandwidth that is offered. This means they can build a $49 server, from parts of a $99 server because they are exactly the same. They may be holding off at the moment to avoid going bankrupt from heavy bandwidth fees from interNAP. Or they are saving the $99 servers for customers who need them. This way they make more money off of them. I bet you anything UC makes only a couple dollars per $49 server. Another scenario is they could be hiring to increase their support personnel seeing as when they did the last $49 promotion they were swamped (according to WHT posts).

Them keeping it on the site and allowing customers to sign-up only find out they are sold out is an advertising gimmick. Its like opening up a Christmas present only to find out it needs batteries, and you have no charged batteries in your house. How disappointing - but you'll wait in dire anticipation of when you do get those batteries just so you can try the "toy" out. I say this is exactly what they are doing. If they can't offer a server it should not be posted on their website. I don't want to get an email several hours later stating I can't have a server because they are out of stock. That is not good customer service - especially if I am in need of server immediately. I don't have any authority to tell UC how to run their business, but as a potential customer this is not to the benefit of me, it doesn't help me out any because while I was waiting for an email to arrive saying "were out of stock" I could have been doing a little more shopping instead of getting disappointed in the end.

To get back to what the original poster wanted to know - who else has $49 dedicated servers - The only other one I know of is www.linhost.com I don't think they currently offer anything at the moment. They have a "launch date" but i'm pretty sure they didn't meet it - sorry that isn't of much help.
    Last edited by HostingDotExpress; 11-07-2002 at 12:28 AM.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

hey...I forgot all about linhost! I kind of liked that guy that posted here from them...they had a sweet design on their site and now they took it down