Anybody here been to Prague?

Hi, im just wondering, im off to prague on friday and was looking for comments by other members on where to visit and what to do, if you have already been your comments would be great, if you live there then id really like to talk to you.

Also, does anyone know the best currency to use over there, im in the UK so id have to change my British Pound (£) to some other currency, whats best?

All info is greatly appreciated
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

Re: Anybody here been to Prague?

Originally posted by xtstrike
    Hi, im just wondering, im off to prague on friday and was looking for comments by other members on where to visit and what to do, if you have already been your comments would be great, if you live there then id really like to talk to you.

Also, does anyone know the best currency to use over there, im in the UK so id have to change my British Pound (£) to some other currency, whats best?

All info is greatly appreciated
    Exchange your money in Prague. There is enough exchange offices where you can do so. Also, do not try to exchange money on the street from russians/yugoslavians.. you'll get cheated badly. Many banks of official exhcnages offer you 0% fee for exchange... Its does not matter that much if you bring Pounds, Euros or USDollars.. I'd consider Pounds/Euros if I were you.

As for the places - not knowing what you want to see - go to the castle (Hradcany), walk through the historical Carls bridge over the river, enjoy the old town and be sure to eat somewhere Czechs special 'Knedlo vepro zelo" :-) Also enjoy the beer they have (wanna try real Budvar if you like beer, it's not like the Budweiser :-)).

There is a lot of pubs that seem foreing, there is an Irish pub for sure, and many others that look and feel western. Give yourself walk through the old town, you will not be disapointed and you will find something interesting for sure.

Many people speak English, so this will not be a problem. Maybe they will expect little more money from you than usual.

Also, be careful - recently there was a huge debate about taxi drivers cheating on foreing visitors.. be sure you go with a reputable taxi service and ask for receit. Foreigners do not know prices, so they are easy target.

If you ask anything more specific you can contact me ... mvicena(at)edenphoto.net
    PimpXhost - powerfull web hosting solutions

hi indy007, I have sent you am e-mail.

anyone else have anything I should know, or any other interesting information?

Originally posted by xtstrike
    hi indy007, I have sent you am e-mail.
    Participants may not instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof. This rule is also applicable in the advertising forums.
    and you're a mod too.....

Anywho, have a great trip....let's not forget those pictures

/me goes to change the rules to exclude all moderators from moderation, hehe

Check out Rick Steves website for more info. He has a travel show on PBS and featured Prague this past weekend.

Can you send me a postcard, I could PM ya my address?