Question New here.. I can't find a new hosting company

ok here is my problem. I was with network solutions and was running a fourm for real estate. I had there cheap package. I could only have about 30 users on at once and if there was more then that my site would get an error and no one can sign on. I'm looking for a cheap host that can handle more then 10 mysql database connections at once. (a webhost with unlimited space and bandwith would be great!)

perfect example.. THIS SITE! it has over 1000 users online right now and i cant pass 30!!)

thanks
    Last edited by jaymontello; 05-19-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Hi jaymontello,

I would say that most hosts here can fit your needs in terms of connection limits, however, about the space:

I would strongly turn the other cheek from unlimited hosts. Think of this, can you get an unlimited hard drive? No.

Try to think of the real needs of your site and the space/bandwidth requirements, then progress from there.

Best of luck!
    Shaun
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win."

ok then forget the unlimited stuff lol what site can help me do this?

like i said before my site couldnt handle 30 members and there is 1000 people here right now lol

my needs are simple I dont want my site to go down because 30 real estate agents or posting listings and no one else can log into my site because my connection cant handle it.

i just need enough space for photos and be able to have alot of people online

I would recommend you check the webhosting offers forum and find a host you like, ask questions, look for reviews and make sure that's the host you want to be with.

As for you needing Windows Hosting, are you sure you need Windows? Having Linux as your hosting platform will make things a lot easier.

All the best.
    Shaun

link to webhosting offers forum please? i cant find it thanks! i might of posted in the wrong area sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jaymontello View Post
    link to webhosting offers forum please? i cant find it thanks! i might of posted in the wrong area sorry
    1) Go to WebHostingTalk.com
    2) Scroll down to the 4th category "Advertising Forums" where you'll see "Web Hosting Offers"

Or here's the easy way.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

sorry but that link is just for looking at offers.. where can i post asking my question to get a site suggested?

sorry for being a pain here lol

People can suggest hosts for you here now, but take me for instance as a webhosting provider, I can't promote my products or services due to WHT rules.

If you want hosts to directly contact you, please request a quote from a company here.

Best.
    Shaun

sorry but that link is just for looking at offers.. where can i post asking my question to get a site suggested?
    Well you did ask where the offers forum was

Per the rules you can ask for suggestions but not requests. I think I got that right, I should probably re-read the rules it's been a while for me.

sorry for being a pain here lol
    You're not being a pain at all. If you ask the same question, in 5 different threads - that's being a pain.

If you want some solid suggestions, I would post answers to the following questions:

What's your budget?

Linux or Windows hosting?

Any preference on control panel (cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, H Sphere, Webmin, etc.)?

Does data center location matter? Where are your clients and audience located?

How much disk space and bandwidth do you need?
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

WHT runs on dedicated server(s) so you can't really compare with your website.
    It would help if you copy&paste error details here.
    If you use php script and mysql database, you should get a linux hosting account.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    WHT runs on dedicated server(s) so you can't really compare with your website.
    It would help if you copy&paste error details here.
    If you use php script and mysql database, you should get a linux hosting account.
    i think you will find they run on a cluster
    Jon Black

You have to realize that forums chew up quite a bit of resources so going with a hugely oversold hosting provider isn't going to be your best bet. If you are wanting to get to 100s of users online at the same time you will need to pick a plan that isn't unlimited everything for $.99/mo.

Make sure you get a plan that has enough space/bandwidth/processor allowance for what your goal is or has the possibility for expansion. There are lots here that can do it, but beware the fly by nights.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

what host did you go with?