Are you guys familiar with Shazan?

He is a warez/emulation webmaster. He used to own a couple of servers on FDC, now he trashes them. Anyway, he owns emusanet.com and edgeemu.com . I own romnation.net . So he can't afford to keep his sites alive. Now he's attempting to leech all of my roms for both of his sites. I prevented this but he keeps trying. Is there anything I can do about it? Contact his host?
      0 Not allowed!

How about you contact the FBI and repeat your post. Let us know what prison both of you end up in...
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!
      0 Not allowed!

Well thats the problem with screwing around with intellectual property laws. You cant call the cops and complain because you got the short end of the stick on a crack deal, get it? Same thing applies here.

If you are smart enough to hack software and remove its copy protection schemes, you should be smart enough to stop him as well.
      0 Not allowed!

My site is marginal, but not outright illegal. Well, I stopped him so far. I don't understand why he's being such a loser.
      0 Not allowed!

I dont understand why you infringe on someone elses moral and ethical (and in many places legal) rights to intellectual property, but I dont start threads asking how to stop you.

The hypocrisy here is outright funny. You leech of other peoples content, namely the games, and you think its just fine. He leeches for you and its the end of the world.
      0 Not allowed!

How come you don't look at ClassicGaming.com in the same waY?
      0 Not allowed!

First off, its irrelevant how I look at that site, second off, who says I dont?

I am still waiting for you to make some sense out of this:

The hypocrisy here is outright funny. You leech of other peoples content, namely the games, and you think its just fine. He leeches for you and its the end of the world.
      0 Not allowed!

All of the games you see no longer rake in any cash for those companies. They are there so ppl can play the games they can no longer buy.

From a purely webmaster's perspective, you would look at this as bandwidth theft if it happened to you.
    Last edited by anile8; 11-03-2002 at 07:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

But here's the rub

From a purely webmaster's perspective, you would look at this as bandwidth theft if it happened to you.
    However, it wouldn't ever happen to me, because I don't venture into your outlaw world.

And from a web host perspective, it would cause me no problems, because I would terminate your account immediately.
      0 Not allowed!

"First off, its irrelevant how I look at that site, second off, who says I dont? "

There's some emulators and ROMs on that site as well, though they're old ones that are now royalty-free.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by anile8
    All of the games you see no longer rake in any cash for those companies. They are there so ppl can play the games they can no longer buy.
    Does that include PS2 games, XBox games, and GameCube games?

Originally posted by anile8
    And from the perspective of I wrote that game, hold the rights to it, and have not given you the rights to distribute it you are wrong.

What dont you understand? Whether or not the company makes money off of it or not doesnt matter. Its the fact that you are encroaching upon some one's (or some corps') intellectual property rights. You leech from them and its OK. He leeches from you and all of a sudden its not?

Last time I checked there werent really many laws on the books dealing with stealing bandwidth by hotlinking, though there are many people who say that it is morally and ethically wrong. But there are laws about the ROMs found on your site, and many ould say those are ethically and morally wrong as well.

You have no right to complain if you break the rules yourself.

Shut up and go away. Before you come back, try reading the rules next time.
      0 Not allowed!

GC? What are you talking about?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mushrew
    "First off, its irrelevant how I look at that site, second off, who says I dont? "

There's some emulators and ROMs on that site as well, though they're old ones that are now royalty-free.
    Correct, and if you notice, they specificlly sy they do not carry certain platforms. They also state:

What happened to your Genesis and Nintendo ROMs?

Outside forces (Nintendo and the IDSA) wanted us to take them down due to concerns over potential copyright violations. They will not be back and have been deleted.

As well as this:

In some cases, the company that holds the copyright to these games doesn't even exist anymore. Still, technically, it can be illegal for you to download these ROMs. It's kind of like jaywalking.

There are exceptions. Some companies have released their games to the public domain or condoned not-for-profit distribution. An example of this is ROMs for the Vectrex. These are perfectly 100% legal, as long as they're not distributed for profit.

Whereas your site says:

If you enter this site you are ... violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995
      0 Not allowed!

I was hoping to get some tips on bandwidth protection but instead you got started on an issue u have no clue about. Forget it. Mod, u can close this topic.
      0 Not allowed!

1337 enough to copy roms and write emulators, but not to configure apache?

Theres always Google, it does come in handy on occasion, plus it doesnt have nearly as many pop ups as your site does.

And dont worry, it will be locked, because as I pointed out, this thread is against the rules.

And if I have no clue, why cant you at least come up with a direct response to what I and others have posted? The best thing to do when arguing and losing is to stop arguing the matter at hand, and insult who you are arguing with. Get a clue
      0 Not allowed!

anile8 your a lamer... not only for warez but for putting them on websites etc..

im guessing your a lamer even to the warez community.

Famous words that im sure you seen around...

If you like something please support the developers and buy..

people want to play something can go look at ebay etc and then buy original copies...if there old of course.

Sorry i dont want to help or support anyone using warez etc.

kind regards
    phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions
      0 Not allowed!