Exclamation Who was the last one to access the server ?

Hi

is there any way that i can find out which user was the last one to access the server ( upload / download ) or what ever.

I just need to know who was the last registered user to have used the server ?

Thanks/-

yes, use the comand

last

Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

If you want to see who was the last user to login (w/SSH, telnet, rsh, whatever) then yeah, last is what you need (as Jedito pointed out).

Otherwise, if you're looking for FTP or other information, check the respective daemon's logfiles.
    C#/C++/TCL/Python/PHP developer.
    mark at mark org il

Hi lewney,

Could you elaborate more on Deamon files. How do i read, where is it located etc, etc.

Thanks !

Originally posted by oc3
    Hi lewney,

Could you elaborate more on Deamon files. How do i read, where is it located etc, etc.

Thanks !
    Hrm, each daemon either
    a) keeps its own logfile (usually under /var/log, or /var/adm/log etc)
    b) logs to syslog (/var/log/messages, man syslog for more info)
    c) all of the above.

If you could name a specific daemon (such as ProFTPd), I'd elaborate further. No point in listing hundreds of daemon, eh?
    C#/C++/TCL/Python/PHP developer.
    mark at mark org il