* $7.95/mo VPS --> 512MB Ram | 20GB HD | 1500GB Bandwidth! - Hot Deals! Limited Offers!

DMEHosting

All VPS's are powered by OpenVZ technology with HyperVM control panel. You may install Kloxo (AKA LXAdmin) for free from within the HyperVM control panel for free. Our VPS's are located in Denver CO in the USA.

------------------------
    Unmanaged VPS 1
    ------------------------

Ram/Memory: 512MB
    Disk Space: 20GB
    Bandwidth: 1500GB
    IP Addresses: 1
    Price: $7.95/mo

Order Now - Secure

------------------------
    Unmanaged VPS 2
    ------------------------

Ram/Memory: 1024MB
    Disk Space: 40GB
    Bandwidth: 3000GB
    IP Addresses: 1
    Price: $14.95/mo

Order Now - Secure

Not allowed
    Available Operating Systems
    • CentOS 5, 5.2, 5.3
    • Debian 4, 5
    • Fedora 9, 10
    • Gentoo 2008
    • Slackware 11, 12
    • Suse 10.3
    • Ubuntu 7.10, 8.04, 8.10, 9.04(SOON!)
    ----------------------------End of Unmanaged VPS's-----------------------------

We also have many many other basic managed VPS's on our website, and all of the following promotion codes can be used on any VPS located here: Click Here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 PROMOTION CODES!!
    These promotion codes are only valid for the VPS's found on our website and cannot be used on our Unmanaged VPS's offers located here.

Promotion Code: 50OFFVPS
    (This promotion code will take off 50% from your invoice!)

Promotion Code: 20OFFVPS
    (This promotion code will take off a reoccurring 20% from your invoices!)

Promotion Code: VPS50MORE
    (This promotion code will give 50% more VPS resources. This includes bandwidth, disk space, and ram!)

Promotion Code: FREECPANEL
    (You must select cPanel/WHM in the configurable options for $9.99, and this promotion code will then take off $9.99 from your order. This is a reoccurring discount!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't seem to find the right VPS configuration?
    Have any questions?

1. You can post a question here or PM me.
    2. Email Sales@dmehosting.com with your sales inquiries.
    3. Initiate a Live Chat session with a sales representative NOW!
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Unable connect to the VPS today

Unable connect to the VPS today. Support email not responding in over 2 hours:
    http:/ /upanh.com/uploads/12-May-2009/l6zfrhf6rn63xqptaza.png

I just paid today,I never use it that their hypervm url is down,it's the ticket they reply to explain the issue:

Unfortunately it looks like someone go access to our HyperVM Master server which has given them access to all of our slaves (back up servers are slaves as well). It appears that many of our slaves have been corrupted from this, making recovery nearly impossible. We are still investigating this and are not sure on how it happened. Our infrastructure was just updated with the new HyperVM release and are not sure if this compromised was linked to the update or not. With the access they got, it looks like your VPS will have to be rebuilt from scratch as the backup server was part of the infrastructure of HyperVM and was compromised as well.

So that we may rebuild your VPS as fast as possible, please reply with the following:
    Hostname:
    Password:

We apologize for the inconveniences
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

Yeah, they sent me the same exact e-mail. I don't really know why they'd need my password as I could easily rebuild my VPS. I'm missing an IP and 256mb of ram so we'll see.
    Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Seems like the VPS I got less than a month ago is also nuked. All of the data I had on the VPS before is gone. All that time I spent setting stuff up.

Edit: I never even got an email regarding this issue. I only found out my VPS is rebuilt just now.
    Last edited by Kohrar; 05-12-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Unfortunately a hacker was able to compromise our master server that controls all of our VPS servers. With the Master Server the intruder was able to have full access to the slave servers. He proceeded to delete all the main partitions, which in return has crippled the servers. He first crippled the master server that keeps track of everything and maintains backups.

This attack was very planned and appears to be very similar to WebHostingTalk's hack a couple weeks ago. The intruder stratigically planned this attack and knew what to go for. We are taking many precautions and hardening the servers down very tight at the moment so that this can never happen again. This is the first time that someone was able to get through our security since we opened our doors in Jan 2007. I strongly believe that with the security measures we are setting up and configuring, it will be nearly impossible to intrude. He will need to go to the datacenter itself and take the servers in order to do this again.

We deeply apologize for the huge inconveniance that this has caused. We did our best to bring back up all the VPS's. However, if we had backups to restore, we would restore everyone who was effected with the backups.

If you would like more information you can open a support ticket with your account. We will not discuss everything in the open public since for privacy reasons.

Don't worry, I believe you. Besides, we should take into account the "kloxo" update which was sprung on all of us. We don't know if this was exploited in any way.

I will renew and go from there.

How exactly are you able to provide VPS' so cheaply? Even FSCK, who are doing great by the way, can't go below the pricing they have now without taking a loss. Even with extremely high powered servers you would have issues with disk I/O. Nothing against your company, but this is taking VPS overselling above and beyond. I've had two VPS in your "node" that performed pretty bad with even the slightest disk usage (base install of Cent5.3 on 1GB node + webmin...webmin's collectinfo.pl script made the VPS pretty much unusable). Disk benchmark tools also reported a pretty pathetic score compared to low end OpenVZ packages from well known providers.
    Hi, I'm Ron, a pleasure to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron D View Post
    How exactly are you able to provide VPS' so cheaply? Even FSCK, who are doing great by the way, can't go below the pricing they have now without taking a loss.
    Overselling bandwidth? Oh, I'm sure of it. Last I knew I'm on a shared 10mbit port and that will yield me, what, 3TB if I leech 24/7?
    Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

I requested that my VPS account be terminated. My VPS magically reboots and I was told to change my password. Uh, right. This has happened long before their compromise, I just didn't mention it until now.
    Last edited by GloryImSaved; 05-13-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron D View Post
    How exactly are you able to provide VPS' so cheaply? Even FSCK, who are doing great by the way, can't go below the pricing they have now without taking a loss. Even with extremely high powered servers you would have issues with disk I/O. Nothing against your company, but this is taking VPS overselling above and beyond. I've had two VPS in your "node" that performed pretty bad with even the slightest disk usage (base install of Cent5.3 on 1GB node + webmin...webmin's collectinfo.pl script made the VPS pretty much unusable). Disk benchmark tools also reported a pretty pathetic score compared to low end OpenVZ packages from well known providers.
    What is your support ticket you have made regarding this so we can take a look? Right not the servers are only 50% utilized. Please show us these benchmarks you have performed...as we would be more than happy to move you to a different server.

"My VPS magically reboots and I was told to change my password. Uh, right. This has happened long before their compromise, I just didn't mention it until now."

We do not reboot VPS's for no random reason. When we investigated your VPS it look very suspicious and it was causing other issues to your VPS as well. The scripts that you were running may have been a big factor to the issue as was it with your other issue. When we gave you a clean VPS nothing was wrong with it and no such "Random reboots". These issue always came up after you installed your applications. Very unfair to hold us liable for such things.
    Last edited by DMEHosting; 05-13-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryImSaved View Post
    I requested that my VPS account be terminated. My VPS magically reboots and I was told to change my password. Uh, right. This has happened long before their compromise, I just didn't mention it until now.
    Yup, my VPS also magically reboots - But I never had them ask me to change my password yet. As of now though, I don't feel like wasting another few hours compiling and setting stuff up because of someone's inability to secure a server.

I parted ways with $15 I paid for it, I was simply trying out the service...No need to "investigate" the issue. Tried it, didn't like it, moved on. Best of luck!
    Hi, I'm Ron, a pleasure to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kohrar View Post
    Yup, my VPS also magically reboots - But I never had them ask me to change my password yet. As of now though, I don't feel like wasting another few hours compiling and setting stuff up because of someone's inability to secure a server.
    How often would this occur? We would be interested if you open a ticket so we can fix this. It could be from when modules were installed on the servers and reboots are required some of the time.

Ron D: I do not see a client in our list with "Ron D" or anything close to it? I'm assuming this was a couple months ago?

We have sold over 100 of these Unmanaged VPS's since we started selling them 4 weeks ago. Everyone seems to be pleased with the VPS and it suites their needs just fine. Those who have an issue and open a ticket we normally solve any issues fairly quickly if it's related to the VPS. The benchmarks we have ran are fairly impressive compared to other competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    How often would this occur? We would be interested if you open a ticket so we can fix this. It could be from when modules were installed on the servers and reboots are required some of the time.
    Daily at random times. This happened long before the compromise and continues after.

I submitted a ticket with my issues.

Advertising bandwidth that much for that price? What line are they on? Gbps or Mbps?

Each VPS will be limited to a 100Mbps port. We do not offer any Gbps VPS's at the moment.

So the server is on Gbps and each vps is on Mbps?

It's alive the offer?