Rackshack + Geotrust?

Has anyone bought there SSL Cert from Rackshack's Geotrust deal? If you have, can you tell me if it is worth it? Is geotrust a good cert to go with for securing online orderforms?

Thx

We've bought several GeoTrust SSL certs via Rackshack and they work great... the price is certainly very cheap. There are cheaper certs that you can purchase, but their certs are as good since it's not compatible with as many browsers as GeoTrust certs are. I would certainly recommend them.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Ok cool.

Thanks Alot

Yeh. We've really enjoyed those certs through RS. The pricing for such a nice cert is . . . . well . . . . nice.
    And we've had to deal with GeoTrust after purchase through RackShack. In which, I was impressed with their level of care. They didn't care where we purchased from, or for how little. Their support was top notch.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Has anyone else had problems ordering their GeoTrust certificate through Rackshack for a Plesk server??

My Certificate Signing Request is always refused??

My Certificate Signing Request is always refused??
    I notie that you're located in the UK, so for the country you may be using "UK"... but don't do that, use "GB". That's just one suggestion as to why it's not accepting it.

Make sure that you're copying the whole of the CSR into the text box, including the top and bottom lines where it says the CSR beings and ends.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Thanks I'll try that.
    dBforums.com - Database design, development and administration.

Hello!
    Another praise for GeoTrust's certificates! I bought two of the SSL certs. for two different servers and they worked great.

Plus, you can't beat the price.

Cheers!

Re: Rackshack + Geotrust?

Originally posted by ReveX
    Has anyone bought there SSL Cert from Rackshack's Geotrust deal? If you have, can you tell me if it is worth it? Is geotrust a good cert to go with for securing online orderforms?

Thx
    ReveX, answering your question of: "Is geotrust a good cert to go with for securing online orderforms?"

there are certain things to look for when buying a cert
    Browser coverage: I believe browser coverage for Geotrust cert is around 90%, Verisign is around 99% (so that you can compare).

customer support: make sure to get full help, including telephone support for your purchase.

Make sure you don't get the certificate saying "organisation not validated" in it as your customers are trusted the padlock and if they check the cert they will realise that you are not validated.

Bottom line is you should be sure to have the best Browser Coverage and best Price. In my opinion you should not go for anything less than 99% trusted certificates and I belive you can pick one of those for around $25 with full support and customer care

hope this helps.

Hosty

Re: Re: Rackshack + Geotrust?

Originally posted by hosty

Bottom line is you should be sure to have the best Browser Coverage and best Price. In my opinion you should not go for anything less than 99% trusted certificates and I belive you can pick one of those for around $25 with full support and customer care
    Where can I get a99% Browser Compatible Cert for $25?

Is it just me in the UK or is ordering unavailable for everyone?
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Re: Re: Rackshack + Geotrust?

Originally posted by hosty
    Make sure you don't get the certificate saying "organisation not validated" in it as your customers are trusted the padlock and if they check the cert they will realise that you are not validated.
    Just a side note: In all the Geotrust certs I've used, we've never had a customer comment that the company wasn't validated.. All they look for is the padlock

Re: Re: Re: Rackshack + Geotrust?

Originally posted by ReveX

Where can I get a99% Browser Compatible Cert for $25?

if you search for the "ssl" or "ssl certificate" keyword in google you will see the company who is selling it for $25.

hosty