* Need Recommendation For Volunteer Host

I run a small volunteer site called InterPUG [link]. We support and host local Palm User Groups from around the world. When I originally began InterPUG, I figured that each PUG would know HTML, how to create a web site etc. Needless to say nothing could have been further from the truth.

I should also add that we host for free. Currently, there's very little, if any revenue is generated for the site. I do it mostly because I have a soft spot for Palm User Groups (PUGs) and want to help anyway I can.

Anyway, I've just purchased a new server for a colo and I'm looking for software for a control panel and site builder. I'd prefer an open source or free solution, but I'm willing to spend some money in order to get a higher quality product.

I've searched the forums here and I have to admit that it's a bit daunting trying to sift through all the posts to find what would work best for my needs. That being said, it appears that Positive Software [[URL=[/URL]] has some nice solutions.

By my calculations, I could get the following for 100 account licences:

- H-Sphere = $495 +$95 install

- Site Studio = $150 + 75 install

So, for a one time fee of $815, it would appear that I would be all setup.

Anyone else have any suggestions for me? Are there some other options that you can recommend?

Atlanta, GA

You can provide free hosting to your PUG's, and they also come with templates.

An example of a well-known free provider who uses communityarchitect is

Thanks for the feedback and the link.

I took a look at Community Architect [link], but there's three things I don't like about it.

1. They take over your DNS

2. They host all the affiliate sites.

3. It's not a true software application that installs on your server and allows you to manage it.

It's a good solution for some, but I'm a bit of a control freak.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

If you purchase Hsphere it comes with sitestudio free.
    Digital Elite Hosting
    Reliable Hosting on IBM Servers

That's good to know! I didn't pick that up from their web site. That makes this much more afforable than I thought.

Are you using HSphere?

Yes, I think it's a great way to go. Check your PM's.
    Digital Elite Hosting
    Reliable Hosting on IBM Servers