Any cheap semi-dedicated host

Does anyone know any cheap semi-dedicated host?

What are your requirments...budget, etc.?

Look through the offers section of WHT, you can find a good VPS host there I'm sure. Provided that VPS is what you mean by semi-dedicated.

Please give us more details about,
    Disk space
    bandwidth
    operating system and cpanel/whm or plesk whatever is your expectation.
    !! RRDNS.com !! RRDNSHosting.com !!
    !! 100% Business Uptime Hosting Solutions !!
    !! Now offers Affordable Shared Clustered Hosting !!
    !! http://www.rrdns.com !! http://www.rrdnshosting.com !!

netrunning .co.uk are quite good the packages start at Free lol and the next package up is £1.49 a month upto a professional package which is £15.99 depending on what you want to use the hosting for.

I think you should give us more details on what you need and budget.
    Hey Mikey likes it!

do a search on wht hosting offers. You will find it.

I think this is the wrong section and the semi-dedicated is not a precise term. It is virtual server.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

It is virtual server.
    I think he's after the special shared hosting called "semi-dedicated".

Anyway, going for a cheap semi-dedicated account is "like trying to steal your own hat, as they say were I live. The very idea behind a semi-dedicated server is to have more computing power at your disposal, which is achieved by putting fewer accounts per server. However, the less you pay, the more accounts will have to be put on the server to reach profitability.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post

Anyway, going for a cheap semi-dedicated account is "like trying to steal your own hat, as they say were I live. The very idea behind a semi-dedicated server is to have more computing power at your disposal, which is achieved by putting fewer accounts per server. However, the less you pay, the more accounts will have to be put on the server to reach profitability.
    Thats what I was thinking. People kept talking about VPS's and I was thinking to myself "I think he's talking about shared with less accounts on it, not a VPS which is a different thing completely."

I know mddhosting has semi dedicated for a decent price. I have no personal experiance with them, but, mike is a good guy and they have a good rep on this forum.

But, you're going to need to be a lot more specific with what your requirement are, we can't help you any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post

I have to agree here... You either want "cheap shared" or "semi-dedicated" I'm not really aware of any "cheap semi-dedicated".

As to whether you actually need semi-dedicated though, it would help if you posted your current usage statistics (disk/bandwith) so that the users here on the forum can offer better advice.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Semi-dedicated is a perfectly relevent term. Usually this is where there is a limited number of resellers of shared hosting (WHM for example) on a server like maybe 4 max.

It is hard to offer cheap semi-dedicated and pay for a server at the same time. I have seen resellers band together to order a server and semi-dedicate it to each other. With VPS this almost a thing of the past.

We used to offer this but now we only do semi-dedicated to clients that want to slit a dedicated servers cost with other clients.

No such thing as "cheap" semi-dedicated. The entire point of semi-dedicated is that you pay more for a bigger share of the resources. Either raise your budget, get a VPS, or go for a quality shared host.

Quote Originally Posted by jayh View Post
    Semi-dedicated is a perfectly relevent term. Usually this is where there is a limited number of resellers of shared hosting (WHM for example) on a server like maybe 4 max.
    A server with only 4 resellers with the provider still making a decent profit would probably cost $50~75/each/month.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Take a look at some of the server providers in the dedicated or vps on wht! im sure you will find some offers there
    Jon Black

you can get good semi dedicated servers for $40- $70 per month, i suggest powervps and wiredtree..
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider

Quote Originally Posted by webhost18 View Post
    you can get good semi dedicated servers for $40- $70 per month, i suggest powervps and wiredtree..
    Those would be Virtual Private Servers, not Semi-Dedicated servers

When a person is looking for semidedicated, he is looking for a server that has more resources with few clients on that server to share those resources. Now, since there are few clients, the cost of the semi-dedicated package are usually high such that they cover the server price and make some business with those limited number of clients on the server. So there is definitely no semi-dedicated package that can be cheap. If any host offers such package, then either they are filling too many clients under the package name semi-dedicated OR they do not wish to do business to make some profit.