need dedicated server

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a dedicated server that would come with Cpanel, both for end users and resellers. Can anybody recomend one?

Has anybody heard of BURST.NET?

My other question:
    I curently have over 100 customers hosting their sites with me using a shared hosting. In case of getting my own dedicated server, what is the easiest way to transfer all my sites to new server? and keeping all data untouched.

Thanks

are you familiar with administration? if so, have a look at one of the unmanaged providers and install cpanel yourself.

if not, your best bet is to still get one of the unmanaged boxes and pay a freelance admin to manage it for you (more expensive than a managed server most of the time, but worth the money imho)

good luck,
    paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

CPanel has a feature which allows you to transfer your clients but I have never used and am not familiar with it. You might want to research it a bit

Im sure everyone here has heard of burst.net There are many threads on this forum about them. Btw, I would recommend looking at the dedicated server offer forum.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Thanks for all the reply,

How do you all rate fatservers comapairing to burstnet??
    They both seems to offer cpanel and price wise, they are
    both pretty much in the same range.

How do you all rate fatservers comapairing to burstnet??
    They both seems to offer cpanel and price wise, they are
    both pretty much in the same range.
    I would suggest going with FastServers, their network seems far better than BurstNet. As you said the price is roughly the same for both companies, and they are both actually a reputable company so you'll do fine with whichever company you choose. BurstNet have a policy that they require you to notify them of any root password change and they always need to know your root password which I don't think is good... since they seem to always login at times for some reason.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Ok I have narrowed my choices to fatservers and burstnet, but one last question:

Can anyone tell me the difference between Nocster and burstnet, since they have different prices and different plans for dedicated servers. Are'nt they the same company? Which would you recomend getting a dedicated from??

Thanks
    Kami

kami,

nocster only uses some of bursts uplinks - connectivity is worse, hence its cheaper. look at the network info page for details.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters