hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : HalfPrice Hosting - READ MY STORY!

Forum Jump

HalfPrice Hosting - READ MY STORY!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2000, 11:28 PM
Nicolas

Angry

I think the worst thing a hosting company can do is ignore their customers' and potential customers' inquiries. And that's exactly what HalfPrice Hosting does.

I'm extremely happy because by chance I decided to ask a few questions to them before signing up, and then I realized I was just being ignored.

I asked the same couple of questions lots of times to the Sales and Technical Support staff, and never got a response from them.

Then I decided to write the CEO to let him know that I was getting no response from the staff. Guess what? He never replied. What can you expect from a company whose CEO even ignores you?

And that also happened with the Chief Technology Officer and the Technical Support Manager. I decided to bother them because I was being ignored and all they did was reply to me with an apology, but they didn't answer my questions. When I wrote them back to make them remember they "should" reply to my questions, they NEVER wrote back.

What could I do if all of them were ignoring my messages? I was sure they would ignore me anyway, being a customer or not. So I just decided to give up on them, that was the best decision I made in a long time.

After that, I wrote the entire staff (even the CEO) to let them know they had just lost me as a customer (the subject was: "START REPLYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!"), and guess what happened? Nobody replied! Hehe, I wasn't amazed.

So folks, before choosing HalfPrice Hosting, ensure you will never need to contact them. Who woudn't need to do that?

Nicolas

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2000, 01:45 AM
Josh

Unhappy

I'm a current reseller for them now, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. You're right, they just ignore people. I've asked for help on a few things and nothing. I was trying to set up a UBB system like this one and needed to know what version of PerlIS they were running.. no answer. Simple question and nothing.

I've tried to get help with my clients email problems, ignored... easy things like their password can't be changed. No help.

I just don't know what to do... I" love their prices, but I can't put up with being ignored... and not real happy with performance either. http://216.167.56.224/forum/ubb/frown.gif

And now we find things like their wireless connection.. here http://www.hostinvestigator.com/go.a...opic&id=000024

I just don't know..

Old 02-19-2000, 11:27 PM
Nicolas

Thumbs down

Josh,

I'm sure everyone would love their prices and the features they offer, but I don't think new customers should sign up for their service.

However, if you are already one of their customers as you have said, you'll have to make a decision. You can keep the features but just as long as you won't need to talk to them. If you have questions and need to contact them, forget about having your questions answered.

And maybe you won't care about their reply about the forum you wanted to implement, just because its's not too important. But suppose that you need to contact them for billing purposes. Would you like to be ignored in a case like that? They can do it, why not?

Nicolas

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2000, 03:32 PM
tech1198

Exclamation

Nicolas,

Please copy me on the e-mails that you sent. After discussing this matter with both the CEO, sales, and technical support staff, no one at this company received an e-mail from you. I would be more than happy to personally address your questions.

Sincerely,
Wade Lewis
sales@expresstech.net

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Bitcoin Exchange Blames Data Center Provider for $100,000 Theft Web Hosting News 2014-03-20 13:48:19
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - December 6, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-12-06 15:09:54
New York Times Article on Data Center Efficiency Only Tells Half of the Story: Data Center Knowledge Web Hosting News 2012-09-24 15:52:28
VIDEO: ProfitBricks CEOs Describe the Next Generation Cloud Whir Tv 2013-10-05 04:25:41
Web Host Go Daddy Hires Ad Firm Deutsch to Produce Olympic Marketing Campaign Web Hosting News 2012-06-15 14:29:07