Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am sick of Vortech. Looking for another company!

I am a small reseller, but I have been with Vortech for years. I am just sick of their service, the down time, the lack of customer service, etc.

So I would like if someone could please give me some direction on who to look at. I would prefer getting advice from people that use a company rather than trying to figure out from their ads who is better...

I kinda like being able to offer unix and windows hosting, but I guess that does not have to be a deal breaker. But since I am used to H-Sphere already I guess I would look at those first.

Thanks in advance for your help
    "The good thing about money, is you can always make more"

Since you mentioned, you have been with Vortech for years, do you mean you have started facing the problems with them lately? Or were you facing the problems since you signed up, however now wish to migrate?

Well since your preference is for hsphere host where you can manage linux and windows hosting in a single control panel, then I would suggest you to take a look at cartikahosting who maintain a high reputation for their services offered..

Or if you were to go for cpanel, then you can search for a host that offers both windows (may be with Plesk) and linux hosting with cpanel.

I have had many problems with them over the years and have just dealt with it as I did not want to switch...

Any web hosting service has as advantages as disadvantages. Of course in that case when you are not satisfied you need to find another web hosting and you need to find new. But you need to keep in mind the troubles from your previous provider to discuss that with your prospective host.
    Let them know how serious customer you are and going to be.

But since I am used to H-Sphere already I guess I would look at those first.
    I would start here: http://www.psoft.net/resellers.php and continue with http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php for each host that fits my needs on paper.

What sort of disk space/bandwidth requirements are you looking for, and what kind of budget did you have in mind? This will help the WHT community be able to point you in the right direction.

All the best.
    Shaun
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win."

I recommend Hostdime. The uptime of the servers are good. The support is fast(they generally reply messages within 30 minutes) and resolve problems quickly. The plans features are rich. If you don't need phone support and your budget is low when try Surpasshosting(it's sub-company of Hostdime).
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Since you currently use H-Sphere along with Windows and Unix servers you may want to try the following:

JodoHost
    FluidHosting
    Cartika Hosting

I can only vouch for Cartika, but all three are worth looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    Since you currently use H-Sphere along with Windows and Unix servers you may want to try the following:

JodoHost
    That's who immediately came to mind for me when H-Sphere was mentioned.
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun [WhirlHost] View Post
    What sort of disk space/bandwidth requirements are you looking for, and what kind of budget did you have in mind? This will help the WHT community be able to point you in the right direction.

All the best.
    I currently have 10GB space and 250GB traffic for $37.99 thru Vortech. I would be fine with a smaller plan (maybe half) for now, with the ability to grow as I get clients...

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    I recommend Hostdime. The uptime of the servers are good. The support is fast(they generally reply messages within 30 minutes) and resolve problems quickly. The plans features are rich. If you don't need phone support and your budget is low when try Surpasshosting(it's sub-company of Hostdime).
    Thank you for the suggestions. I might look here if I do not find a H-Sphere reseller I like...

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post

JodoHost
    FluidHosting
    Cartika Hosting

I can only vouch for Cartika, but all three are worth looking at.
    I may have to consider giving up H-sphere. These are all more expensive than what I have now. Compared to someo f the other providers suggested it seems high

Quote Originally Posted by bfriended View Post
    I may have to consider giving up H-sphere. These are all more expensive than what I have now. Compared to someo f the other providers suggested it seems high

Hello bfriended..

Space and Bandwidth allocation mean absolutely nothing really, so, pricing is pretty relative. I mean its nice to buy a package with 100s of GBs of space and bandwidth, but, how useful is that if you cannot use it..

Reseller hosting in particular - you really do get what you pay for. If you keep shopping for this on price, you may keep having the same sort of experiences that are not exactly making you happy right now..

Eitherway, if you do not need or want the automation of hsphere, or the multi-platform support - you will have other options. But, please do look at the quality providers. If you want to try cpanel or example, look at someone like Rochen or digitallyjustified or clook or httpme.. Honestly, if you are used to hsphere, you will become very very frustrated with something like cpanel. But, if you are going to make a switch, please do not shop for cheaper plans - you will be right back here in no time at all looking for yet another provider.. think about it this way - if the money you spent now didnt work out, what are the odds that spending even less money will get you a better service?? its obviously possible, but, probably unlikely..

Hope this helps and whatever you decide, I hope things work out for you - there is nothing worse then being frustrated with your upstream providers...

I currently have 10GB space and 250GB traffic for $37.99 thru Vortech. I would be fine with a smaller plan (maybe half) for now, with the ability to grow as I get clients...
    Is this per year or per month?
    Easy cPanel Host Inc
    Affordable Web Hosting Services

Reseller & Web Hosting Online Leader

Quote Originally Posted by EasycPanelXL View Post
    Is this per year or per month?

Per month...

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    Hello bfriended..

Space and Bandwidth allocation mean absolutely nothing really, so, pricing is pretty relative. I mean its nice to buy a package with 100s of GBs of space and bandwidth, but, how useful is that if you cannot use it..

Reseller hosting in particular - you really do get what you pay for. If you keep shopping for this on price, you may keep having the same sort of experiences that are not exactly making you happy right now..

Eitherway, if you do not need or want the automation of hsphere, or the multi-platform support - you will have other options. But, please do look at the quality providers. If you want to try cpanel or example, look at someone like Rochen or digitallyjustified or clook or httpme.. Honestly, if you are used to hsphere, you will become very very frustrated with something like cpanel. But, if you are going to make a switch, please do not shop for cheaper plans - you will be right back here in no time at all looking for yet another provider.. think about it this way - if the money you spent now didnt work out, what are the odds that spending even less money will get you a better service?? its obviously possible, but, probably unlikely..

Hope this helps and whatever you decide, I hope things work out for you - there is nothing worse then being frustrated with your upstream providers...

First of all, great post. Well written and makes complete sense...

Please understand that while I am price shopping, I do want to go with a reliable company. But, since I basically only have a few accounts currently ($0.00 revenue currently as most are sites I give free hosting for a limited time from the sale of their web design), it makes no sense paying $40-50 a month. Literally less than 10 accounts currently. As I grow, and these become paying sites, and I grow, I have no issues paying.

So it is not about trying to get great service for nothing. It is about finding someone that will be a great provider, that is affordable for me now, and that I can grow with.

Perhaps I'm missing something but isn't Jodohost's smallest plan close enough to what you're describing here?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something but isn't Jodohost's smallest plan close enough to what you're describing here?
    Yes, their "Lite" plan does come close. I am looking to compare a few though before deciding

First of all, great post. Well written and makes complete sense...

Please understand that while I am price shopping, I do want to go with a reliable company. But, since I basically only have a few accounts currently ($0.00 revenue currently as most are sites I give free hosting for a limited time from the sale of their web design), it makes no sense paying $40-50 a month. Literally less than 10 accounts currently. As I grow, and these become paying sites, and I grow, I have no issues paying.

So it is not about trying to get great service for nothing. It is about finding someone that will be a great provider, that is affordable for me now, and that I can grow with.
    Hi bfriended

Thanks for your reply and thanks for not taking my comments personally. it is often difficult to discuss such things without offending people.

Obviously you need to monetize the return on your investment here - otherwise, it simply does not make sense from any perspective..

based on the numbers you posted, you could get an account with pretty much any hsphere provider for roughly the same price you are paying today. What is going to vary is the number of resources they allocate I guess..

Eitherway, I hope you stay on hsphere and I hope you find a provider that will meet your requirements today and moving forward...

bfriended - go with cartika if you have a high budget and you will never have a single issue. at cartika, you get what you pay for. if you have a average budget, go with jodo, prices are okay support speed also okay.

Thanks for your help. Will be making a decision shortly

I would like to recommend Cartika.

I have also experience with Eirca and Jodohost, they are also good hosts, but not on the same league as Cartika in terms of reliability and support.
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post
    I would like to recommend Cartika.

I have also experience with Eirca and Jodohost, they are also good hosts, but not on the same league as Cartika in terms of reliability and support.
    Agree,

I have long time expeirence with cartika and very short expeirence with Eirca (new account 3 weeks) and their support and time to respond to tickets is not as good as Cartika.

Eran

Vortech's lack of customer service?

I am a small reseller, but I have been with Vortech for years. I am just sick of their service, the down time, the lack of customer service, etc...
    It would like to hear what Vortech have to say for themselves to the claims above.

I remember reading an interview with Craig Smith years ago where he said he has no competition with this H-Sphere cluster technology.

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post

I remember reading an interview with Craig Smith years ago where he said he has no competition with this H-Sphere cluster technology.
    and he was VERY accurate in that statement at the time...

he built a very successful business based on this as well...

there is some competition now, but, fundamentally, his model was well ahead of its time.. most of the industry is still WELL behind what they were doing way back then...

Vortech likely deserves alot of the abuse they are receiving now - but, there is no denying they got to where they are/were because of some pretty forward thinking by the people that ran and operated that company back then...

many things have changed, and I am not going to even insinuate I understand what is going on with them - but, they were well ahead of their time when they started their business and that is exactly why they grew so quickly and dominated the market for awhile there...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast