Someone bought my RS server!

I ordered yesterday before the setup price change. At the time the "online" ordering was down... I filled out the form that send it to sales. But sales can't do anything while the online form is down! It finally came back up this morning. But no server was available. Then an hour or so ago I get an email saying my cc was declined. Hmm that's strange, I thought. They had pre-authorized a charge yesterday. I check it's still there, but it's only for a $1. But there's more than enough in that account (check card) to cover this.

So I call them. Happened to get the lady who sent me the email. Turns out there were attempting to charge $159 setup plus $159 server plus tax. My deal when I ordered, and verified this is a RS supervisor, was setup will be $1 since that's what it was when I placed the order. So I should pay $160 plus tax not $318+.

Now comes the fun part. She couldn't help me but transferred me to customer service. CS rep did some typing put me on hold came back, etc. Then click, beeps, and I'm now speaking with a tech?!? I explain for the 3rd time, and now I'm not sure why I'm talking to him... He puts me on hold assuring me that he'll let me know if he's going to xfer me again and to whom and why. Click - "If you'd like to make a call please hangup and try again".

Ok, here we go again... Call back, speak with CS again, explaing the story for the 4th time. Oh that's server's not available right now! Some person (I have other names for them at the moment I won't say here...) ordered my server while I was being transferred and hung up on!

So now I'm having to wait and watch the site for when a server becomes available again. Then I can either order it, then call and get the $158 difference between the setup charges refunded, or I can call and have them order it.

They're making good on it - assuming another server like I want becomes available. But they really need to work on their phone system or something. Anyway, just had to rant a bit.
    Last edited by Lagniappe-labgeek; 11-02-2002 at 02:11 PM.
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

and to whom and why. Click - "If you'd like to make a call please hangup and try again".
    Come on man there are more company's out there that don't hang up on your face..and does not make you say the same thing like for an hour...

Did you check Unitedcolo.com ?

I hope you solve this ASAP

Thumbs down

How many times have we seen this sort of story about this company - someone needs to get their company act together!

An apology and rectification is obviously well overdue.

<<Removed: Not sure what this meant but it doesn't seem quite right>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-04-2002 at 08:04 PM.

When I saw the deal for the 2GHZ I felt like a little kid getting toys under the christmas tree. I picked up the phone and called everybody at Rackshack and then start digging through old email to find my member info.. I'm happy I was able to order my server before it got sold out.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail

Originally posted by hostingsp

Come on man there are more company's out there that don't hang up on your face..and does not make you say the same thing like for an hour...

Did you check Unitedcolo.com ?

I hope you solve this ASAP

I did not mean to imply it was intentional at all. I don't think it was! I was treated with the utmost courtesy. I really think something was/is wrong with their phone system! You can tell when someone on the other end of the phone simply doesn't care - this is NOT the case here. I really think all 4 people I spoke with wanted to help me.

Edit -
    I checked out UnitedColo - closest they come to what I want is the $199/mo (RS is $159) for P4 1G RAM (RS 1.5GB) 100GB HDD (RS has 2x 80GB), and an Ensim 5 domain license (RS is 500+). But it does come with >2x the BW at 1000GB. I couldn't find anything about adding another HDD or upping the Ensim license. In fact I was already thinking about them for a colo box.
    Last edited by Lagniappe-labgeek; 11-02-2002 at 06:22 PM.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

Originally posted by johnallen
    When I saw the deal for the 2GHZ I felt like a little kid getting toys under the christmas tree. I picked up the phone and called everybody at Rackshack and then start digging through old email to find my member info.. I'm happy I was able to order my server before it got sold out.

Could you be the culprit?? Didn't happen to order one of the HP 2GHz P4's with 1.5GB of RAM and 2 80GB drives this morning did you??? j/k

It's quite a deal I think.
    Last edited by Lagniappe-labgeek; 11-02-2002 at 05:20 PM.

Originally posted by grandad
    An apology and rectification is obviously well overdue.
    Both the tech and the 2nd CS rep apologized for the phone mix ups. As for rectify - there isn't a server that I want available. I specifically want 2 drives, beaucoup RAM, and something more than a Celeron. Which means the HP P4's w or w/o Ensim... And there just aren't any at this time. I have a RS# with a note attached to it, that as soon as I seen one available I can grab it at the $1 setup... That's the best they could do, and I think it's pretty reasonable actually. My rant was more than someone else managed to buy "MY" server while all of this was going on.

You're obviously easily pleased but as long as you are happy.

Just wondering, what would you have them do? Other than fix the phones that is? That I would like to see... or not see the problems actually. But they don't have a server I want at the moment. And they did apologize. So what's left?

And I wouldn't use pleased. I'm not pleased. But it was a screw up. They happen. Reasonable would be a better I would think. What's wrong with being reasonable?

Originally posted by labgeek

Could you be the culprit?? Didn't happen to order one of the HP 2GHz P4's with 1.5GB of RAM and 2 80GB drives this morning did you??? j/k

It's quite a deal I think.

I ordered mine on friday night. I did it through the member area.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail

Originally posted by labgeek
    Just wondering, what would you have them do? Other than fix the phones that is? That I would like to see... or not see the problems actually. But they don't have a server I want at the moment. And they did apologize. So what's left?

And I wouldn't use pleased. I'm not pleased. But it was a screw up. They happen. Reasonable would be a better I would think. What's wrong with being reasonable?

I understand you but find myself wondering why then did you decide to air yourself on a public forum? Surely if everything is okay then just leave it at that not rant in public.
    Others may take the view that this is not the first time - once is unfortunate, twice is careless, more than twice ... well...!