"Cut and paste" Rule- Please Take Care

WebHosts,

Please take care that there's a rule stating that cut and paste is PROHIBITED..that even includes putting a full list to your features..

The reply MUST be an exact reply to the required features ONLY..

I thought I might write this here because I got a warning from the mods regarding this matter and I'd like to warn all the guys here so no one will be forced out of this great board..

Mods, if there's anything you can add regarding this point, please do..details about this matter will help us hosts be aware of this rule..

Thank you
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Your right, its kinda annoying to see a huge thread filled with specs of peoples plans, i just post a little link to my company so they can see everything

Re: "Cut and paste" Rule- Please Take Care

Originally posted by nightscream
    WebHosts,

Please take care that there's a rule stating that cut and paste is PROHIBITED..that even includes putting a full list to your features..

The reply MUST be an exact reply to the required features ONLY..
    Some people like seeing all the info so that they don't have to visit every site. Some people hate it. Personally, whatever the majority likes is fine with me (either no extended info or extended info). The people who should decide this are people looking for hosting, as it only matters to them.

I look to see if the plan offered matches the request. If that's the cae, then it's OK by me. If anyone (those who are looking for hosting) wants a change in that policy, speakth now.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Re: Re: "Cut and paste" Rule- Please Take Care

Originally posted by Chicken
    I look to see if the plan offered matches the request.
    Chicken, how far are we allowed to bend our response compared to their request? Not all of us can offer their exact specs requested, but could probably still serve them find for what they need for the price they need it. For example, if some web hosts cannot charge the same or less than requested, can they still post?
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

For example, if some web hosts cannot charge the same or less than requested, can they still post?

Refer to the 30% rule. I assume this applies to the features also (ie, if they ask for 100MB, you can offer them 70-130)

If they ask specifically for Ensim Control Panel, dont respond with a "we dont offer ensim, but take a look at our plans you might like them"

Correct. And if they say, the max they want to pay is $7/mo. then don't post an offer for more. Sometimes people give a range, in which case you should go in the range, not 30% above.

I don't know what is so difficult about it. People post a request, hosts post offers which match the request. Don't waste your time or the time of the people posting the request if you can't/don't want to meet it.

To me, the whole process should be rather simple. People are telling you exactly what they want. If you can offer it, then by all means do so, try to get a customer. If you can't, pass on to the next request.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Originally posted by akash

If they ask specifically for Ensim Control Panel, dont respond with a "we dont offer ensim, but take a look at our plans you might like them"
    The only problem I have with that is that a lot of people just want to use the control panel they've had in the past or they have heard the most of (such as cPanel). Well, I guess I don't have a problem with that, it just annoys me a bit because some prospects don't have a very good reason for putting the scope on one control panel and leaving all the others out . Oh well, nothing I can do about.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

I think industy-wise and generally understood features shouldn't be posted in responses. Hosting companie should only include the main points of their packages.
    Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

Well I used to list almost everything about my packages and found most people find it annoying or too excessive to post all that you offer. If the person is a wise shopper that will want to broswe your site , check TOS, AUP and many other things.

It's just like shopping for a car , you dont call up to the dealership and have the salesman tell you about a car and you say I'll take it without looking at it first

Smart consumers will want to visit your site and find out about there potential host.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

It does get old seeing 75 line replies that list every single thing the packages include (Esp when they list 2-4 seperate packages, and half of them are no where NEAR what the requestor was looking for)... that said, when I reply to a request (which isn't that often around these parts...) I usually just give the basics, and any speciality things they specifically asked for, and refer them to the site if they want all the nitty gritty.

For instance, unless the person says "I need 1.8.4 with JPG and PNG available for my use..." in their request, I don't say "GD v1.8.4 with JPG and PNG support included.... Why? Because probably 98% of all hosting servers have it... it's a given. Why polute the thread if it can be avoided.
    Pure Energy Systems
    www.purenrg.com